How long did it take you to "finish" Skyrim?

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
I didn't think the main quest was very long, or difficult (300+ attack sort of made sure of that). But it actually took me 93 hours lol.

So how long did it take you to finish the main quest? Have you even done it yet?

Edit: I should clarify, not how long did that questline take you, but at what point in your playthrough did you complete it? lol

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Did it once... but I think it took me 100 hours like you, including of course Sidequests and Dungeons.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I completed the main quest around hour 60. I finished playing at 75 hours because of technical issues.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I was able to finish the main campaign in about 50 hours, note though that this also includes a lot of time spent fapping about and doing other quests as well.

xinoxX

Jun 12, 2009
Level 60... and not even done the first part of the main quest. As in I haven't even met the Greybeards master. Thieves guild + daedric shrines and not being able to ignore any random cave I happen across.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I'm only fourty hours in (Shut up, I've been playing Saint's Row 3) so I'll probably finish the main questline once I'm done with all of the guilds.

Just finished Mage, now working on the Comapanions. Then I'll be heading for theif.

Of course, I still have no idea where the dark brotherhood is located. *Le Sigh* Oh well, nothing a decapitation spree won't fix!

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I'm 90 hours in and I have beaten the main quest and all of the guilds except for thieves guild which I am very close to finishing.

I bet I could beat the main quest line in under 5 hours from creation to finish. I know the devs can do it in under 3.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
Of course, I still have no idea where the dark brotherhood is located. *Le Sigh* Oh well, nothing a decapitation spree won't fix!
Hint: go in an inn and check the "rumors" option with innkeepers.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I was about level 34 when I finished. I really wanted to see how it would end. I'm level 37 now... would probably be higher if it wasn't for my limiting schedule at the moment.

EDIT: it was at around 60 hours, I believe.

Donnie Restad

Oct 9, 2011
I'm about 50-60 hours in. I've only done enough of the main quest to get the dragons out and about, though. I'll start the main quest soon, though.

neonsword13-ops said:
I'm only fourty hours in (Shut up, I've been playing Saint's Row 3) so I'll probably finish the main questline once I'm done with all of the guilds.

Just finished Mage, now working on the Comapanions. Then I'll be heading for theif.

Decapitation sprees don't work. Go to Windhelm and ask around. Eventually you'll hear about a boy (whose name escapes me) who is trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood. He'll set you on the right path.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I was at about 120 hours and level 48 when I quit. I kept forgetting that you don't get XP for completing quests (I've played New Vegas too much. Wait, nevermind. You can never play too much New Vegas), so I didn't grind to increase my level any.

Oh, the main quest I finished at about hour 100. I did it in small bits all throughout my playthrough.
believer258 said:
I haven't started the Civil War Quest, though, and considering that I accidentally deleted my main character and haven't really gotten very far with my other one, it doesn't appear as if I will anytime soon.
It's weak. Really weak. It's basically just a series a repetitive clunky battles against grunt soldiers from the other side. And not much changes when you finish it. Hell I was the Empire's champion and a Legate, yet Imperial soldiers would still say, "Halt, citizen! You are interfering with Imperial business!" whenever I'd pass them by on the road.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I finished the main questline around hour 50 but by that point I had already started another different playthrough so...I don't know how you would define that.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
neonsword13-ops said:
Hint: go in an inn and check the "rumors" option with innkeepers.
You have to sleep in a bed. You'll know the right time Dohvahkiin.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I have about 130 hours across 3 characters ( one is only 6 hours in) and I'm just past the thalmor embassy, I have barely touched the civil war questline, haven't completed ANY of the guilds except the bard's guild, and I still haven't visited Markarth, Dawnstar, Falkreath, and only very briefly visited Morthal and Windhelm... Yeah...

I have no idea what I've spent 130 hours on, but it's been awesome.