How long did you lurk/ creep?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Waaay too long. Almost a year, I think. Came here for the ZP, and then I found out about the forums. I lurked for a long time until I finally decided that, if I was going to be spending so much time reading through the forums, I should probably make an account so that I could post, too.

Also...

Thank you so much for posting this. That was freaking hilarious.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Took two years I think. I just came for the Yathzee videos(started watching them a month after he begun or something) and checked up the random threads passivly. One day I wanted to respond in some thread, so I made an account. Now the Escapist is always in my browser when I start it up!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Not long. As soon as I saw someone making a completely BS review of Metal Gear which was badly written, vague and unclear, I jumped in with no prior knowledge of The Escapist community and called him out! I was also a dick for my first 100 posts. A big dick that gets in the way too, not a small and adorable dick.

Calumon: I dunno, Jack just left his computer one day and I put what I thought!

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
i basically watched zero punctuation...that was about it, and then the forums piqued my interest....but i cant trace it back time-wise...maybe several months of on and off videos before deciding to sign up...

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I probably couldn't help lurk longer than a couple months. There are things said at the Escapist that simply demand that my profound wisdom be shared with the Internet.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I don't even remember how I came to be signed up. I tried to sign up earlier this year and received a "this email is in use" error. After some head-scratching I was able to dig up the user name and password I had chosen. Apparently I had joined in 2008, then left the account untouched until this year.

Does being a member and not logging in for 2 1/2 years -- by mistake -- count as lurking?

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
About 6 months of lurking. Just like half of the forum, a friend showed me ZP, which was what led me to this site, but the show that actually made me come to the forums was Doomsday Arcade. That shit was so bad yet so good. I miss it.

TheOmenCorpse

Aug 4, 2011
about three years...yeah...,I had another account with less than 100 posts, but I didn't like the username so I stopped using it for three years, and the achievements/awards were slowly filling with ZP and Extra Credits, made another account.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Not too long surprisingly. Maybe a month, no more, but I made an account pretty soon after discovering this site . My only regret is not finding it sooner :)

TheOmenCorpse

Aug 4, 2011
jClark94 said:
I've been lurking for, (according to my profile thing), just over a year now, as I've not really felt the need to add my voice to an argument, so this is my first post on the Escapist.
Welcome and congrats on the first post I suppose.
time certainly flies.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
A couple of months. I was only on here for ZP for ages, then i got bored one day. I think a lot of people are the same.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Not sure. I think it was after a couple weeks of watching ZP.
I think ZP was what brought most people to Escapist.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I do believe I started lurking here in 2005 while stationed overseas. Might have been 2006.

So... four years, maybe five before I figured I should make an account and maybe make a post or three...thousand.

...and yeah, a link to Zero Punctuation was what brought me here first... then I started watching Unforgotten Realms... and then the forums.

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
A few months, I just watched the main videos and occasionally read the threads and articles that interested me, not really sure why I never made and account sooner, probably because I like to read other peoples post rather that post my own.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I've been watching Zero Punctuation and Extra Credits, plus reading the forums' Hot Topics once in a while, since the fall of last year. Somewhere around September, if I recall, whilst eagerly waiting for my Fallout: New Vegas pre-order to unlock, and in between some other gaming of course.
The fall of last year was pretty busy for me gaming-wise, so I forgot to register on here, something I was meaning to do since reading the forums. By "busy", I mean I was literally drowning in games: Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Fallout: New Vegas, R.U.S.E., Black Ops (biggest disappointment in this entire list), Mass Effect 1 & 2, and several other... so yeah, I forgot about registering, until the middle of July this year, when I realised I could join via Facebook.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
A long time; I think at least a couple of years mostly just for ZP. Then one day I decided to make an account.