How long have you stayed awake?

TransMando

Jul 15, 2009
I've done 3 days without sleep and it wasn't because I couldn't sleep, but because I had to stay up to get some work done.

Twistedx_99

Mar 4, 2010
Sleekgiant said:
ChrisE89 said:
Btw...Hai
n00b here!
New blood EXCELLENT
Welcome to the Escapist, don't Troll and don't go to the basement

O.T.About 30 hours
No one warned me about the basement when I joined! Only later was I warned... by then I had already gone into the basement and it was too late. Btw, has anyone seen my squishy pet... it escaped....

OT: I once stayed awake for around 24-28hrs on two occasions.

One was for Relay For Life and the other was a gaming session with a friend who I had not seen in forever.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I think my record is about 2 and a half days. I was coming back from a holiday from Singapore, I tried to get some sleep on the plane, but just as I was about to fall asleep this stupid air steward started shaking my shoulder saying 'Do you want a drink?', so I gave up sleeping and just watched the mediocre onboard entertainment.

The weird thing is that when I finally got home and had a chance to sleep, I just couldn't drift off at all.

Chardan

Dec 5, 2009
40 Hours watching Scrubs and eating cereal. I probably shouldn't have done it over the weekend though, as I fell asleep in school during my free period.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
*walks in*

Oh sorry, I seem to have stumbled in the Insomniacs Anonymous' forum. Can you please direct me to the Escapist?

Or, in less trollish words, poor you all, I can't stay awake as many as 18 hours let alone more..

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
About four days when I was moving out of state, so around 96 hours? I was incredibly out of it, I could be wrong.

The second longest was 36 hours when I helped my uncle move out of state. That involved moving boxes into and then driving a U-haul, and I don't suggest trying it.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
118 hours... and I have witnesses.

If you really want details as to why, feel free to ask.

Also, second longest streak was 79 hours.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
About 40 hours because I stayed at a friends house and decided to stay up all night so I could finish Mass Effect on his computer.

In a couple weeks when the school holidays start, I'm going to see how long I can stay up for. I'm hoping to go at least 2-3 days.

Lonator

Jan 25, 2010
When I hosted a New Years party, Something in the area of 37-40 hours. Slept all afternoon on January 1st.

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Womplord said:
Right now I have broken my record - I'm in my 49th hour and I am aiming for 50! So I was wondering how long any of you have stayed up before.
Woke up at 6am, went to bed at 5am. Sure, not as impressive as other people, but we did do a 10 hour car trip.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
About 20-22 hours, I think. Probably woke up somewhere between 9 and 11(because it was summer) and then went to sleep at 7 a.m. the next day.