How Many Hours have you put into Skyrim this weekend?

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
AugustFall said:
BoredDragon said:
AugustFall said:
21. God I can't wait to get on to my next playthrough so I can do a rogue or mage. I love warrior but I just want to experience all the things!
if you become a destruction mage you can get a perk called impact where you can essentially stun-lock you enemies by casting dual-casted fireballs. It drains magicka really quickly, but it has been infinitely helpful with dungeon bosses and keeping back large mobs. It doesn't help with dragons though :(
Thanks for the tip! I love that this game makes me retry shit. It's not just about numbers but how you approach a fight. I have gotten my ass handed to me as an axe and shield warrior over and over again by an enemy only to take into account my surroundings (tactical retreats, using pillars and terrain to my advantage) and all the other weapons in my arsenal (my very nice dwarven lightning bow, my shouts and my potions) and then own them.
I recently made my way up to winterhold college though and tried my hand at magic to feel very weak. I understand I'm not trained in it at all but how do you deal with close quarters situations? And are scrolls useful? They seem to have a long cast time. I won't continue the quest line because I want to save it for another playthrough.
I have a spell called "flame cloak" which basically puts a swirling vortex of fire around me. It hurts anyone who gets too close and lasts for 60 seconds so it's very useful in a tight space and it looks kick ass. I haven't really used scrolls that much so I don't know how useful they are. As for the mage college quest, I'll just tell you the armor you get at the very end is completely AWESOME!!! I mean its worth over 3200 gold, so you have that to look forward to.

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
I got it a few days before release, for review. Tuesday. Played 30 hours...it's sick.

My excuse, I was ill and couldn't go out, so well...

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Probably... 9 hours? All weekend? I'm juggling Skyrim with Dark Souls, City of Heroes, and Battlefield 3. Soon I'll be adding Saints Row: The Third and WWE '12 to that mix. @_@

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
None, I haven't had time to get the game, what with going to a gig, making sure my friend goes back to hospital, having a guy jump in front of the train home, comforting my block mate with his situation, getting the flat clean, getting my work done and actually trying to make sure I start to eat right after I found out I am almost dangerously underweight. In that order.

yeah, there's really more to life than games for my at the minute, sorry guys.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
About 6 hours in roughly 10 sittings.

I'm finding it tough to get engrossed in the experience with little personal annoyances that crop up with Bethesda games.

Issues like trying to find specific shops or buildings in new towns since I'm not familiar yet. I'll spend what feels like 10 minutes to find the shop only to realize I'm bored with the game and pick it up later. Alternatively there are times when I'm traveling on the map towards my intended destination and pretty much nothing of interest happens on the way there. I begin to feel like the walk is a chore, save the game and revisit it.

I don't get really absorbed in these games until I have a general understanding of what's going on the world...a general feel for some of the major locations...or until I enter dungeons. Oblivion was a slow start for me as was Fallout 3, Skyrim will be no different.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
About 5 and a half so far. Not that many I know but I've had work all weekend and haven't had time for anything else.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Wickatricka said:
I probably have put in about 20+ I would say. I'm playing a thief kind of class and I'm really just doing side quests and haven't really touch the main quests.
6 hours all in all, I had issues with compatibility settings, and the sound, but now that its set to XP SP3 mode, and the sound is turned to 48000Hz only, everything's pretty peachy.

I'm a Legate, it's awesome. (That's now really a spoiler alert is it? You can become a Legate?).

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
This says it all.

I'm that was a one day stint. I've invest about 30 hours on my xbox game and my PC game.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
About 13 hours, give or take. Could have, and should have, been more. But we had family over on Friday that kept me off the Xbox for most of the day. Still, 13 amazing hours is pretty great.

Valorik

Mar 19, 2009
51 according to steam...

It's... very good, a friend of mine has played even longer than me.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Last friday, I didn't have any courses, so my weekend was three days long. I'm not sure, abit over 24 hours. That game is consuming my life, I think it's even than when Oblivion was released.
I've only discovered two big towns until now and I only did the main quest until after talking to the Jarl of Whiterun. That game is just incredibly dense. I can't walk five minutes around without starting a new quest.