How many of you guys have heard of Tim Tams?

MrScience

Oct 16, 2011
Over here in Australia we have an amazing biscuit called Tim Tams. Any of you (non-Australian) guys ever heard of it?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
The brought them to Amurrica, and it was a huge success. I have a pack upstairs just waiting. Because they're so beautiful.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Yes, they're called Penguins in the UK, but neither Penguins or it's Antipodean doppelgänger are much to write home about.

They're OK, but a bit too chocolatey and bland for my taste. I tried some Tam-Tams that my brother brought back from Australia, and I have to say that I disliked them even more than our home grown Penguins (which was probably something to do with the different formulation of chocolate they use in hot regions).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've never heard of Tim-Tams...I am intrigued though...it could just be because I'm from the U.S.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Jamash said:
Yes, they're called Penguins in the UK, but neither Penguins or it's Antipodean doppelgänger are much to write home about.

They're OK, but a bit too chocolatey and bland for my taste. I tried some Tam-Tams that my brother brought back from Australia, and I have to say that I disliked them even more than our home grown Penguins (which was probably something to do with the different formulation of chocolate they use in hot regions).
Really? I never knew that. Well in that case, yes I've had Penguins before. They're OK, but man the jokes they print on the packaging are dire. However, I've never heard of a Tim Tam before now.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
weker said:
we have something over here in the UK, but the name escapes me.
Evidently that name is Penguins.

I don't think Tim Tams are that great hey.

I was born here (Aus) by the way. They're pretty dull compared to Lemon Crisp.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
I'm from the US, and I've never encountered such a creation. Are they like chocolate wafer or something?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I live in Canada. I've heard of, eaten and loved Tim Tams. We only get the Chocolate and Caramel ones here thought...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
They are made by a US company, so presumably large numbers of USAlines (though, probably a comparitvely small number) would know about them.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Yes. I was in a mixed Aus/US guild in WoW and we had many a spirited debate about proper cookies/biscuit terminology.

Also, who here has known the delicious joy of Yodels?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Love Tim Tams, but there are many versions of them, I can never decide, also I live in Australia so I get them all the time, hehe.

Operative1980

Oct 1, 2010
Jamash said:
Yes and No. penguins are very very similar to Tim Tam but are not just a rebranding. I work at Tesco (UK supermarket) We did have the on the shelves for a while but were removed a few months later, probably due to poor sales.

The_R3d_Fury

Jul 7, 2011
StormShaun said:
Love Tim Tams, but there are many versions of them, I can never decide, also I live in Australia so I get them all the time, hehe.
Dark chocolate
white chocolate
cherry
regular and
double fudge to name a few.