How many of you outside of the UK actually want to see the royal wedding?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It'll be interesting to see for a while, maybe I could use that as an excuse to not do homework.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I won't be watching. Although to be fair, I wouldn't watch any wedding unless it was the wedding of a friend of family member that I was invited to (in other words, I have to actually BE at the wedding). Otherwise, why the hell would I want to watch strangers getting married? And as far as this whole royal wedding is concerned, I hope this isn't disrespectful to them as that's not what I'm trying to do here, but I don't see it as much different to any other celebrity stuff I don't care about.

Hell, I still get pissed thinking about that time I happened to be near a TV that had FOX News on and seeing that they were airing god damned LIVE footage of Paris Hilton walking out of jail. Seriously?! That is news now?! Are you fucking kidding me?! RAGE dfhji3wkdf fejjd hekekds haehd haeahd

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I'll either be asleep, playing a game or at a wrestling event depending when it's, all three are better choices. Then again, dying from dick cancer would be better than watching a member of the lucky sperm club get married.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I dunno, i think I'd watch it.
Why? Cause it would be something different. I suppose the tourist within me wants to see it. Though, the only way to see it is trough TV... bah humbug indeed. As in, i wouldn't want to watch it in TV, but in live. But fat chance of that happening, right?

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Not in the UK, not going to watch. I simply do not care if two people I've never met get married.

The Royal Family are useless, but they are also (thankfully) completely irrelevant. They do nothing - so why should I like them or hate them?

Yes, TECHNICALLY the Queen has a lot of power. But in practice, she cannot use that power except in extremely dire circumstances. The Queen realizes that if she actually tried to use her royal powers, the British Public would very swiftly overthrow the monarchy.

So she doesn't do anything. Her family doesn't do anything. They sit in their palaces and play dress up. Occasionally they'll record a TV message or hold some sort of ceremony, but they don't actually DO anything. The queen, and indeed, the ENTIRE ROYAL FAMILY could drop dead tomorrow and it would be relatively easy for the UK government and the UK public to continue on as necessary.

So - to sum up: The Royal Family are useless, harmless, and utterly, UTTERLY irrelevant to 99.99% of UK citizens, and indeed, world citizens. The Royal Family serve no functions that couldn't quickly be transferred to elected officials in the event of their deaths. They are not exceptionally talented, intelligent, beautiful or refined - they did nothing to earn their wealth or power - they merely ride on the accomplishment of their ancestors and the British People.

So why would I care that some Prince, who I've never met, is getting married to some woman I've never met? I don't know these people - and the likelihood is that you don't know them either. They aren't your friends - the image they project on to TV is a carefully sculpted and crafted publicity image fostered by PR people - you're not actually seeing them as they are.

They're little more than celebrities. And I can ignore celebrities.

As long as this William doesn't get in my way, I don't care who he marries or what he does. He could marry a goat for all I care. He could jump off a cliff for all I care. And before you say "Well, he doesn't care about YOU either" - yes, I know he doesn't care about me. I don't expect him to. I don't expect the public to fawn over me either, because I haven't done anything to deserve such adulation.

But, neither has he. Point out ONE THING, ONE SINGLE ACCOMPLISHMENT that merits such attention. Yes, he's a pilot - big woop, lot's of them around. Yes he served in the armed forces - but so have PLENTY of other folks, some of whom were wounded or DIED in the line of duty. I have far more respected for the poorest dead UK soldier, than I would ever have for a ponce who got to where he was via accident of birth!

Any doctor who helps patients is a more worthy person than this Prince. Any conservationist preserving a forest is worth more than this prince. Any charity worker, on any part of the world, is more deserving of respect than this rich boy who doesn't even do anything of worth with the wealth HIS ANCESTORS (not him) earned for him.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
pulse2 said:
TV channels have been buying up the rights to report and show live feed of the royal wedding here like no tomorrow, especially over in America, so here's a question, how many of you will be watching it?

Heck, how many of you right here in the UK are watching it?
I'm not really fond of the whole monarchy stuff, even though I have sworn to the queen. Shes just another person to me even if she is on the currency and so on. I just don't see anything special about the family that I need to be involved in so I won't be watching. That said the prince and his wife seem to be a cute couple and I'm happy for them, I wish them all the best, but I would wish that for any strangers.

loukasmaki

Jun 9, 2010
Being from Sweden and we recently had our own royal wedding that I did my best to avoid so no the fact that it's also happening in the UK doesn't spark my interest at all.

Jun 11, 2008
Well no I really couldn't give a steaming pile. If people really do want to watch that is up to them at least it is doing no harm. If it is important where I'm from since everyone seems to be mentioning it I am Irish.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I'm in the UK and I couldn't give a flying fuck.
Call me an anti-royalist if you will, but they're a waste of money. And not to mention; fucking useless.

Grayfayce

Oct 14, 2009
Would they care if I got married? No. So, even though I live in the UK, I don't give the tiniest little shit.

Also, I'm not invited.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Anyone else think it's funny that people moan about the news and how depressing the world is, then when something happy happens they say they don't give a shit?

I think I'm working... If not, I'll probably flick to it to check it out. (probably to check out the dress to be honest :p)

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Told my family to call me if someones killed or turns up drunk

EeveeElectro said:
Anyone else think it's funny that people moan about the news and how depressing the world is, then when something happy happens they say they don't give a shit?

I think I'm working... If not, I'll probably flick to it to check it out. (probably to check out the dress to be honest :p)
Why would we care about them we pay them enough to just pretend they're important, why bother pay them more.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Captain_Maku said:
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
Cracker3011 said:
I'm in the UK, and couldn't give a shit.
I won't, unless the following happens:

- Kate Middleton suddenly realises, at the climax of her own wedding, that she's about to marry into a family of pampered inbreds. The subsequent panic attack causes her to scream like a banshee.

- She strips off her wedding dress, and hurls it over her beau, partially suffocating him, and also revealing that she isn't wearing any underwear. Naked as the day she's born, she proceeds to run out of the side door.

- She grabs the nearest mounted Yeoman Warder by the Busby (look it up), drags him from his horse, elbow-drops him until he stops moving, and jumps on the horse herself.

- Finally, she rides off into the sunset, naked and free; viciously assaulting anybody who tries to get in her way with a perfectly-arranged pleat of English peonies that were hand-picked from the Buckingham gardens at dawn.

If this happens, it may just pique my curiosity enough to tempt me into watching this wedding.
That's, uh... Rather specific. Been planning that long?
Nah, just something that occurred to me one moment.