How many Steam games do you own?

sth1729

Jul 6, 2013
Steam says 143, plus gamemaker and Art Rage which go in the software tab, but a lot of the games it counts are just a series of separate applications for multi-player or specific game modes, so it's closer to 130 but with F2P games that I've played but uninstalled[and thus aren't shown in the game count] it's close to about 145.

I haven't played about 15 of them because I got them with the expectation of making my own pc, which is stuck in the phase of "I have chosen the parts, now just to get them" phase. Most of them I can't even play right now because the computer I used to use fried it's motherboard for the 2nd time about a month after the warranty expired, which coupled with the screen damage which was being worked around with an HDMI cable it's not worth the money to get it fixed, but until then I have to use a back-up computer that has a junk processor so I can barely play anything )=

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Klumpfot said:
242 games, of which I've completed around 35, and played another 50-70 to satisfaction. Like many others here, I am a bit of a bundle enthusiast! Some of the games were completed on another platform than Steam, though.

A thought for the originall post: why not add a question about the best and worst purchases we've made there? For me, the best was probably The Binding of Isaac for 2 Euro (152 hours played), and the worst was Arkham City for 40 Euro (8 hours played, and I know for a fact that for some of them, I had the game running in the background while I did other stuff).
Wow... is this possible? You have the exact number as I do.

I often buy games at sales... don't have the time to play them... I keep telling myself that one day I will... it won't happen though.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010

It's worth noting that:
- Games like Sam & Max was counted 16 times because of how it's broken up
- I've only actually bought 2 games off Steam at 'full' price (Full meaning pre-order bonus price)
- The bulk of these are from game packages which would typically include 3 games I intend to play with 11 more that I'll probably never install.
- I'm addicted to steam sales. In retrospect the smart move would have been to wait until I'm done with Diablo 3 before buying any game I'm interested in because they keep getting pushed aside.

Games on my backlog that I look forward to play but continue to push aside for now:
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Brotherhood, and 3
- CoD:MW2, MW3, Blops, and Blops2 (all for campaign only, I don't like FPS multiplayer)
- The Bureau: XCOM declassified, X-Com enemy unknown
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Max Payne 1, 2 and 3
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Tomb Raider
- Ys 1, 2, Origin, Oath in Felghana
- Dead Space 3 (thank you humble bundle)

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Tyran107 said:
I think I may have a problem....at this point of writing I have 355, and I've already got my eye on a few more games to add soon.
I feel your pain mate, I'm at 490 and the number just keeps going up.....
I would seriously hate to calculate how much I've spent on steam, granted probably 99% are sales, and most 75% off, but still..... thats alotta dough.

Talathorn

Jul 17, 2008
So as of this moment, I have 497 games owned, with 299 DLC owned...I think I have a problem guys :/

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
108 at the moment. I've been mostly a console gamer the last 6 or 7 years, but last year I bought a new PC and since I've been enjoying a few Steam sales. I've played about 50% of them. The curse of bundles.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
166, a lot due to Humble Bundles. This means I have games I'll never play, because they were bundled with games I wanted. Most of the games I've purchased individually were games I have played or will play. A couple won't run or won't run well on my PC as-is and I'll probably need to grab a new processor before they can be played.

Basically, what I'm saying is I don't get the "buying more than you can ever play" mentality, especially since Steam sales are so frequent. My backlogue, excluding extra games from Humbele Bundles is rarely over a dozen games, and even then it has to be a pretty big pack I just bought to get there.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Talathorn said:
So as of this moment, I have 497 games owned, with 299 DLC owned...I think I have a problem guys :/
The first step is selling your PC and getting a console. That way, the urge to have food to eat will break you of the habit of buying games and DLC, as they will all be horribly overpriced and almost never go on sale.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Something like 95. There are still a couple of games that I have to play though.

Talathorn

Jul 17, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Talathorn said:
The first step is selling your PC and getting a console. That way, the urge to have food to eat will break you of the habit of buying games and DLC, as they will all be horribly overpriced and almost never go on sale.
lol I have a 360 and ps3, zero urge to ever use them. PC master race all the way, lol the worst part is, that I don't buy games often, that is just the accumulation of seven years :p

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Steam says I have 598, it would be much bigger but when steam pisses me off I tend to go and buy through other digital distributors and that knocks my count down by a bit.

terror55

Oct 21, 2011
43, which is pretty pathetic compared to a lot of others. I only tend to buy stuff during the sales because i'm cheap.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
171, and I really really want to get to them all. Preferably before the zed apocalypse and the destruction of humanity. Or before steam shuts down, whichever comes first.

EDIT: I wonder if the shutdown of steam will coincide with the collapse of society? Or perhaps be involved in the causality?
Fucking give me the steam console already so I can play while my wife is on the PC.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
113 of them. My wallet cries during sales.
Worse part is that I don't think I've played more than half of them.

ZCAB

Jan 15, 2013
Country
Netherlands
257. All of them were bought in sales, except Skyrim and The Orange Box (both of which I have on disc).