How Mojang could make 1.8 a bit better...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Some extra features that I think could really help Minecraft.

1. More Dynamic Wheather. After a rain fall, everything should have a wet look to it. But at the same time, rain shouldn't just be one type. It should rain lightly, or sometimes hard. Likewise for Snow.

2. Dynamic Events. In Terraria if you didn't know, they sort of had this. Occaioanly there would be a Blood Moon where all the enemies went into frenzey and began to attack your house to get to you. Or a Goblin army could attack.

I am not saying they should have those events but something along those lines.

3. Randomly generated factions. While it was said, that NPCs can be aggressive but so far we know they only will if you hurt them. What the game should do is have (a bunch of factions but only some on the map) that will actually be at war or at peace. You can join a faction, and using maybe the faction owning system that some Multiplayer Servers have. Maybe the factions will tell you a location of a enemy base they want you to attack.

4. Enemies in the Ravines/Canyons. Simple enough.

5. More Co-Op Survival. At the moment, I feel like, in Survival Multiplayer. There really is no need for Team Work. Which I feel like it could be a lot more fun if there was stuff you had to do by Team work while in Multiplayer.

Maybe to get into an Ravine, in Co-op, one player needs to have a rope that they need to hold if there is nothing to hook it to. While the other ones climbs down. So then it isn't as simple as just breaking down the blocks to get to the ground floor.

Just some quick ideas. What do you guys think and what ideas do you think would be cool for 1.8.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
How about fixing multiplayer all together and start working harder on an actual release?

Oh sorry, hes too busy with the Xbox version, and his next game.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I'm just waiting for the Adventure update, whatever is in it, I'll be more than happy with. But you're idea of having ropes is actually really freaking cool, cuz digging steps out of the wall is a fucking drag.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
The thing is, alot of people would hate the things you mentioned, Notch can't just add whatever he or someone else feels like.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
HassEsser said:
I'm just waiting for the Adventure update, whatever is in it, I'll be more than happy with. But you're idea of having ropes is actually really freaking cool, cuz digging steps out of the wall is a fucking drag.
Ladders? They're not hard to use...

OT: I just want some kind of hot air balloon, seriously it would add a whole nother dimension to exploring things like ravines.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
Automatic pea shooters, the ability to mine chickens and the ability to cut off your friends face and wear it.

Seriously I'd let Notch do his thing, if Notch added my suggestions some people would be furious, some people would enjoy wearing their friends faces. Notch knows best.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Mcface said:
How about fixing multiplayer all together and start working harder on an actual release?

He's not developing the Xbox version, and that will be beta.

But I suppose Notch makes decisions that are a majority with the community and that will give Minecraft a lasting appeal.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Mcface said:

He isnt making the Xbox version.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Tinted/stained glass. Still translucent, but coloured with dyes. If it could actually filter the colour of the lights, that would be incredible (but an utter pain to program, I imagine). That rope sounds cool too.

I'm already pumped about the 1.8 update, so I'm fine with what they offer already.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
HassEsser said:
Ladders? They're not hard to use...

OT: I just want some kind of hot air balloon, seriously it would add a whole nother dimension to exploring things like ravines.
Well, imagine digging down, and you come upon this large, open cave. You pull out your rope, and let it just roll down to the ground, and climb down it. I think that'd be really cool, and would make spelunking quite a bit easier and quicker.

Also, simply adding more dimensions to the game would be awesome.