How much do you care about your Gamertag?

Malakki

May 20, 2011
lol my first gamer tag was IHazCrabbzz or something like that... making fun of it was the point... now i use my son's name (see Escapist username) so i might get slightly offended if someone decided to jump at it

LAN MAC

Dec 22, 2010
Using a nickname is a good tactic if you don't want people bugging you. It's not like I've ever gotten hate from a hardcore PC gamer.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
No one ever insults mine, but it's interesting to see what people decide to shorten it too. Most go for plain "Project", but a few decide to interpret the "Xii" as being pronouced as "Z", rather then the roman numerals (cause I don't capitalise them). I don't mind either one.

I'm far more addicted in Platinuming up my PS3 games then ever worrying about my Gamertag or 360 score.

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
suomynonA said:
I just let the Xbox name generator thing come up with my name. People apparently find the name GutsyUnicycle really funny/weird/cool, and that's fine with me.
My mate got one called Keyless Zebra which is the best name ever,

And OT: I don't really get any shit for mine but americans seem to be unable to pronounce it, even though it's not hard to say Marcoos93

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
I don't have an XBox ('gamertag' is an Xbox-specific term, right?), but my PSN name is "ElderStatesman". I've never been ridiculed for it, so it must be reasonably cool or something. I guess it bothers me a little bit that people always leave off the "Statesman" part, and just call me "Elder", but oh well, ain't no thing. Four syllables can be pretty tough, I know.

I go by nohorsetown pretty much everywhere else (sometimes with actual capital letters and spaces!), and the only people who comment on it seem to be people who keep horses, or live in small towns with lots of horses. "Well, *I've* got lots of horses in my town, so what's your problem?!" ..Geez, it's not like I'm advocating horse extermination or something. I dunno; I think my internet-namey-things are pretty good. I wouldn't say I especially care about them, tho.

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
My old Gamertag was 'Bobbalon', but I got tired of people calling me 'Bob', so I changed it to 'Mace Tulio'. Much more appropriate.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
You shouldn't care what people think of your gamertag. Let them berate you, but you're the sad one if you get bothered by it. Hell, my tag on League of Legends is xXxLeGoLaSxXx, just to make people rage at how terribly bad it is. And for anyone who plays, I also constantly roll Ashe.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Storm Shaun, I care about that alot, its either Storm Shaun or Shaun1788, it is awesome, its me and only me.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Always something in the lines of 'The Dude' maybe add something here and there because it's often already taken and I bloody refuse to put a number in it.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I haven't really gotten much insults for mine ("TriGGeR_HaPPy" - same spelling, same underscore, same some-caps-some-not-caps order). I'm not actually that trigger happy in games, though - I'm often one of the support classes, or sniper/"scout" classes.

But the few times I've been called out for it, I've changed to a Sub-Machine Gun or Machine Gun class, sneak up on people, and spray the crap out of everyone on the opposite team.
Then go back to whatever I was playing as before.

Feels good. :p

I never actually get mad at them, though. Apart from using it as an excuse to spray the opposite team to oblivion, I'll usually just laugh it off.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
No-one can insult the name "Paradox Box", not successfully. It implies nothing to anyone except me.

Moromillas

May 25, 2010
Another stark reminder that others would attack ones character, should they be given the opportunity, and even enjoy it sometimes. And yeah that does makes me a bit ill.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
None has ever insulted my gamertag (Mr J Kapowey, god I'm original with names) though it does get a bit annoying when they pronounce it wrong repeatedly.

It is 'Mister Jay Cap-Oh-E'.
Not 'Mister Jay Kah-pooh-eh' or any other weird pronunciation you can come up with.

Elegy of Fools

May 8, 2011
People just mispronounce mine,or ask what it means. I reply, I'll usually get a "Oh...that's deep" or something similar, and I'll go back to playing.

I have seen some very unoriginal names, very frequently. I do take pride in my online identity, and respect those that also do the same. People that irk me, though, are the ones that have Game-Specific tags or "1337" styled tags; "C0D sN1p3R" and the like. Or people that have to have some form of phallic, excremental, or otherwise veiled expletive as their tag.

Tags I don't like, I don't actually insult. I just say them ad infinitum, and allow the inherent stupidity of their name choice speak for itself.

Elegy of Fools

May 8, 2011
MrJKapowey said:
None has ever insulted my gamertag (Mr J Kapowey, god I'm original with names) though it does get a bit annoying when they pronounce it wrong repeatedly.

It is 'Mister Jay Cap-Oh-E'.
Not 'Mister Jay Kah-pooh-eh' or any other weird pronunciation you can come up with.
I totally read it as "KA-POW-EE" but I did read a lot of comics as a kid.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
No one has ever insulted my Gamertags. Though, I was playing CoD4 back when my name on PSN was P-nutbuter, someone accused me of killing jelly, which was funny... until he started team killing me.