How often do you change your avatar?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
It just occured to me that I had a different Avatar here than my profile picture on Facebook and I thought I'd update mine here to a newer picture.
So I started wondering (it was my first time) how often do you, dear members, change your profile picture? Do you have a reason for it, do you just like to keep rotating or do you keep the same one so that people will reccognize you? This doesn't apply only to Escapist, it can be FaceBook, Myspace or any other social media where you use an Avatar / Profile picture.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Not that anyone's noticed, but I seem to change my avatar a hell of a lot here:D

I've gone from Beyblade to DBZ, Silent Hill to Pokemon I think, and I will stay with Bane here for a while :p

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
I don't think I've ever changed an avatar for any given site once I've chosen one other than whatever the 'default' is. I think my reason is probably...I'm just lazy like that? Dunno.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Probably every couple of months. I think my most noticeable one was probably this:

Which I'm sort of tempted to switch back to. I mostly update it when I'm bored & make something I like. Probably going to change it relatively soon, as this one has been there for a while...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I usually change my avatar about once a month or so, I get bored of avatars pretty quickly and soon think of something better to put up. Right now I'm rocking with the Carnegie Crow..

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
quite often

however now that Ive been doing gif avatars I feel I each one has to be as awsome as the last...and gif avatars take work

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Rarely. This is my fifth avatar so far since I had joined this site. I had changed it about a month ago but I intend to hand onto this one for a while.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
This is my fourth one, but I stick with the solid snake theme, so I'm still recognisable quickly enough.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Im on my third avatar now, my first was of Homer Simpson, then it was a GIF of Kamina, and now its Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann standing on a ship, in space, looking like a boss.

I think Ill stick with this one for a while, also cus he's wearing blue and it sort of suits my username

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
On the Escapist, this is my second.

My first was the kamikaze trait from Fallout: New Vegas and now I have Cao Cao's artwork [http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080530090631/dynastywarriors/images/3/35/DW5_Cao_Cao_Artwork.jpg] from Dynasty Warriors 5.

I've had the same avatar for my PSN account (Captain Qwark) since I first made it.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Every few months, I try to leave it because people tend to look more at the avatar then the name.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sporadically... if at all.

This is my third avatar here... changed from my second one pretty pronto when I realised [user]Heronblade[/user] had the same one.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Neverrrrrr....

I've changed my avatar once. It used to be a different picture of the same cow that I have now.
[user]darth.pixie[/user] turned it into what I have today.
Every march, I swap the acid background for the March Mayhem logo.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I haven't changed mine since the day I joined. Except for maybe seven or eight regulars whom I recognise by name, I rely on avatars to remember people. I've never really wanted to change my avatar, but even if I did, I'd probably refrain. I imagine there are a lot of people who use avatars to recognise other posters, and I don't want to go and erase whatever impression I may have created, whether positive or negative. I doubt I'm influential enough to be recognised by name, so I kind of see my avatar as part of my persona.

Besides, it reflects my disposition.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Never. I freaking love my ZoidKirby.

manic_depressive13 said:
I Except for maybe seven or eight regulars whom I recognise by name, I rely on avatars to remember people.
Also this. When I made the mistake of hitting The Button I was completely lost to who was writing what.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I love this avatar, I would only change it for another Cheshire cat one.

:3

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
I haven't changed my avatar here, but usually once a year I'll mass change all my avatars to a new picture, my avatar is usually consistent across all my accounts, regardless of the site.