How old are you and when did you start playing video-games.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I'm in my mid 30s and I've been playing games my whole life. Even as a baby I was fascinated with my uncles' Ataris, intellivisions, and Colecoes. I didn't get a system of my own until the nes came out.
But even at times when I didn't have a console (ps1 era), I still played games n the computer as well as, paper top rpgs, and tabletop strategy.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
26... first proper game (proper meaning not just some tic-tac-toe game programmed by my dad) I dunno, 4?

It was called Aldo's Adventures, a Donkey Kong clone for the PC. Played on a 386.

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
Im 20 now, and i guess i was 3 or 4... played Zonics, Prince of Persia and Leasure Suit Larry on my parents DOS computer... Needless to say, i didnt understand a bit of LSL, but my parents had a blast reading the stuff that happened ingame...

The first game i got hooked on was Worms Plus. You gotta love the times where a worm would consist of 6 square boxes... :p

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
I was probably playing Pac-Man and Centipede around 5 y.o. (1981) at arcades/bowling lanes; gaming became more of a full-time hobby at 6 y.o. (1982) when my dad brought home an Atari 2600 - I can still remember the day he brought it home. He said he had something he wanted to show me in the back of his truck; when he lifted me up to see, I actually burst into tears (of joy).

I am such a nerd.

EatPieYes

Jul 22, 2010
I am 17, and very soon to be 18.

My life as a gamer began with the early Super Mario games on the NES and SNES, before I could even speak coherently or walk upright. It was my older brother's video games, and I cannot for my life understand why he would let his very small baby brother play with his games. Some things are bound to be destroyed when babies are allowed to play with them. But he did and I'm forever grateful for it.

I still prefer "them good old days" of video gaming when it was more about pure and simple fun, even though I could be considered a bit too young to really remember those days.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
16 going on 17 on November 19th (guess what else is coming out then!). I started when I was about 4 on the NES playing Duck Hunt and Mario Bros.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
I'm 28, and while I owned the original NES and all that stuff, I never really considered myself a gamer until I got my mitts on Goldeneye in high school

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
21 and I started at about 6 or 7. Can't pin it down. My first console was a C64 and I moved onto a Megadrive. My first game I remember playing was Sonic 1 at a friend's house.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I'm 15, and I started playing when I was, like...3 or 4.

I think I know more about the gaming culture than I've actually played games, though.

At least it's been like that for the last few months, or now even a year *sobs*.

Fingerthing

Mar 19, 2010
i'm in my lower teens (no i won't tell my specific age) and started playing when i was 6 with beyond, good & evil. (which i still consider to be one of the best games of all time)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'm 16, and was about 3 when I started playing on my Dad's PC.

I never went through the traditional Nintendo phase (I owned a Gameboy colour though) and so I can't stand the fuck-tard named Mario. Or anything by Nintendo for that matter.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
My first game was sonic, the one on the saga master system which was part of the console. I also has a NES. God I must have been like....6?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm currently 28 and I started playing when I was about 5 or 6. Don't ask me what my first game was, 'cause I can't remember.

Polyg0n

Jul 16, 2009
I see that everyone has started really early. I am 19 now and even though we've always had computers and some games on them I didn't really start gaming until the age of 13 or 14. I used to be a really active kid running around outdoors and playing soccer all the time. Not anymore...