How old is your computer?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A friend of mine is contemplating getting a PS5, but is still rocking a not-quite 1080p TV from at least 2009.

What can you do, eh?

If it ain't broke...
I hear ya, and that I can definitely understand. Though anything sub-1080p these days does surprise me. I'm a bit more of a frame rate person than I am a resolution person, so all my screens in my apartment are 1080p. 60FPS is more than acceptable for me personally, but I want my stuff to stay at that FPS constantly. Maybe I just haven't really seen a 4K TV truly in action to really appreciate it, but eh, even on my 55 inch TV it looks just fine. I got a PS4 Pro so Monster Hunter World could keep its frame rate up better.

It only a 22” screen though so 1080p to me isn’t a noticeable enough improvement to justify it, let alone buy the larger desk I’d possibly need to fit something significantly larger to take advantage of the extra pixels. Sure, it could fit one by itself no problem, but I’d need to make special wall-mounted shelves or something for my desktop speakers, because it’s tight as it is. I could buy a bigger desk I suppose, but then that encroaches on my room space for anything more than slightly larger.
Space definitely would affect that in some way, yeah. I use 3 Acer Nitro VG220Q's in my desktop setup (As well as a 27" Acer monitor of some model name) which are decent, very affordable 22" 1080p monitors if ya decide it's worth checking out. Although...

It’s something I’ll do eventually, and might even leapfrog 1080p right to 4K for added effect!
... the price premium for 4K stuff has definitely gone down, so going this route could definitely be interesting. But on a screen that small, I'd be surprised if you could notice the pixel difference on that, especially compared to a 1080p screen of that size! Can't go wrong with either choice though, whenever ya decide to upgrade

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker