How old were you when you had your first cigarette?

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I've never smoked a cigarette, but my parents smoke, so i've copped a decent amount of second hand smoke, i'll never take smoking up.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
12 or so. My dad was a smoker. He'd buy by the carton, I'd steal from those. If he noticed, he never bothered to mention.

Quit when I was around 19.

Soul-crushing poverty made it a surprisingly easy process.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Older than I am now.

Captcha: Time will tell. You know, some at the Escapist probably assigns Captchas to certain threads just to screw with us.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
I think I was.. 10 or 11. Friend gave me a cigarette to try. I spent a lot of time coughing afterwards, from what I can recall. That was the only time I ever touched a cigarette in my life. I hated it.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I am 19 and have yet to try a Cigarette. To be honest I have never even been that tempted, it just doesn't look very appealing plus it's an expensive habit, it's unhealthy, it would make me stink and my family would be dissapointed in me. There is so much to the negative side and yet I hardly see any benefits from it so I have just never wanted to bother.

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Cazza said:
9 or 10

I was given it by my father. I coughed like crazy. I don't plan on smoking again. Is that good or bad parenting?
Probably a good thing if it put you off but I don't know what his intentions were. As for me I first smoked when I was around 16, I was at a party and some chick offered me one. It wasn't bad but I obviously know that its bad for you after watching my dad deteriorate as a pack a day smoker so I never did it again.
Also, I enjoy that so many people here seem to believe the one puff addiction story.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
My mom is a smoker, my sister is a smoker, and my dad is a smoker. They all smoke both inside our home, and outside. My mom and dad smoke a lot too. My dad even told my sister not to smoke, as it would be bad for her (Which I found funny, since he had a cigarette in his hand while saying this).

I never have smoked anything in my life, nor will I ever do so.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I tried one at 14, but didn't like it. Then I hit college, it was an accelerated school (4.25 years of education in 2 years) I got really stressed, really tired and my diet changed to red bull and cigarettes.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
yeahhh, never, and i'm 20. the closest i've come is the tobacco mixed with weed, which can kinda count, but not what i think you were originally asking. and 15

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Buretsu said:
My aunt just died of lung cancer she got from smoking for the last 50-some years, since she was about 13. So, yeah, I certainly never will start.

But, by all means, smokers. Keep killing yourselves. I'll be left to spit on your graves.
That really is a lovely sentiment.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Launcelot111 said:
Never. Done the occasional cigar, but cigarette smoke is just nasty. Have no plans of crossing that bridge
Is that so?

Check out at 7:10.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
I was 9 when I had my first, addicted by 12, smoked my first doobie at 11 same day I did lsd for the first time at the county fair. One of the best nights of my life.
Quit smoking at 30 lol 3 years ago damn i'm old. quiting was one of the best decisions of my life .