How original is your username and have you ever run across someone else who is using it?

The_Eskimo

Mar 4, 2010
nope i guess mine is pretty lame. its one of my nicknames of way back so i just kept it. and no im not at all aborgiginal
never mind theirs some guy in quebec who stole my identity!

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
I've used this name on about 50-80 places on the internet, obviously 90% of them I never go to, and I've only ever seen my name (Which was an old childhood nickname) once, and that was when I checked out Habbo Hotel. Sucked anyway, so I didn't care.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Mine is an old nickname from school. I've never seen someone posting as it but occasionally "tramp" is taken when I sign up to stuff, although I've never seen the person post on the forum.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
crimsonshrouds said:
I pride myself on having a username without numbers or underscores
Undying respect from me for that.

I used to have a username of ZekeAxel (but I got mixed up by a LOT of people)
So I changed it to Sieg-sama, which also turned out pretty common.

Then I finally switched to my current nick "Shirokurou". It's basically "black & white" in Japanese and I heard it in a song.

Since then it's my username almost everywhere and it's always free. Let's see if anybody else uses it. *google* Nah. first page is all me.

Ghost1800

Apr 8, 2009
Not at all. Mine has a bit of significance when it comes to the numbers, but ghost was more a statement on playstyle.

I also know there are at least 4 other people out there with my username, apparently one of whom is a talented artist. Oh well, just have to distinguish myself in-game through actions over unique calling card.

simply_simple

Aug 28, 2008
I thought mine was unique but I googled it and a few people have the same username but on different sites. I coe up about 3 times on googles 1st page though.

stiborge

Sep 23, 2009
My username is unique to me. Just look up Stiborge on Google. The first 3 pages are all me the rest are related to something i've posted or unrelated entirely.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
My name came from those old Sunny D commercials with all those "teens" who really looked like they were in their 20's huddled around the fridge looking for something to drink, the poor old Purple Stuff was left behind.

I have never met anybody else with this username, I use it for virtually everything online for my accounts or characters in MMOs.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Okay children, gather 'round, here's the story of how the name Tinneh came to be.

Okay, the first site I signed up for in a long time was Kongregate [http://www.kongregate.com], under the name Los_DTenaces [http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Los_DTenaces]. Now, a guy on there [http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/deleruin] thought my name was too long and shorted it to Tin Tin (I don't know why). I didn't like that, so I asked him to think of something different, and he came up with Tinneh. And it stuck! Although on Steam I go by Vault Boy (He's just so damn cool!)

But my Escapist name is pretty original, I've never seen it.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I would think it's extremely original since I invented it when I was 7. Unfortunately someone took the name for their YouTube account which was disappointing.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Well, mine is the name of a John Lennon song. I put the 4 in there to make it a little more... Authentic. I like the 4 instead of the A. Makes it feel more personal.

Feb 18, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
There's no man nor woman called Random argument man.

There's Incredible Bullshitting man, my nemesis/best friend, who sounds like me.
But secretly you wish yours sounded like mine, don´t you. I can´t blame you, I too wish I had as fabulous name as me.

OT: Haven´t seen any namesakes around. Maybe no one else listens to Finnish HC punk.

Eaving

May 21, 2008
I've never actually run into someone else having my name first. Its from the Troy Game Trilogy by Sara Douglass

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Random Argument Man said:
There's no man nor woman called Random argument man.

There's Incredible Bullshitting man, my nemesis/best friend, who sounds like me.
But secretly you wish yours sounded like mine, don´t you. I can´t blame you, I too wish I had as fabulous name as me.
You have no idea on how much I would like to be like you. Do you have any idea how does it sound in my head when I read "One of your posts has been quoted by Incredible Bullshitting Man!"

It sounds like a bit like this!