How Problematic is "All Lives Matter?"

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
I imagine Donald Trump has actually paid women to get abortions.
Personal life has nothing to do with policy, though. Lots of legislators have pushed to punish abortions while also pushing their mistresses to have them.

I don't think governing Republicans do anything more than talk about abortion. How many USSC justices that are upholding Roe v Wade were put there by Republican Presidents? EDIT: 5/9 were put there by Republicans, yet Roe still stands.
They keep pushing for "TRAP laws" to try to shut down clinics while trying to look like they're not.

And honestly, I'm shocked that Roe is still standing (probably because just enough people on the court have constitutional principles), and quite worried that if Ruth Nader Ginsberg dies and is replaced with another Kavanaugh figure, it'll be overturned almost immediately.

ITMT: we have a program that actually bribes women to socially disenfranchise men: WICBMFO: Women, Infants, Children But Men Fuck Off. And while domestic violence is instigated 50-50 men and women in hetero couples, we have a Federal DVAWBMFO act.. Domestic Violence Against Women But Men Fuck Off act. As women live longer, it is more likely that a social security check is sent to them, not men. And more.
I haven't seen "but Men fuck off" in their actual titles...

Really, it feels like you have legitimate trauma over this, and I do sincerely encourage you to seek therapy to work through it. There is no conspiracy. Women are not trying to take over, and the men in government are not putting women above everyone else.

You are not being sized up to be mowed down and thrown into a killing field and murdered just for being a man. You are jumping at shadows. I sincerely recommend therapy.

My fear is, with the Left, not only will men become virtually enslaved but often murdered, with our corpses rotting in a killing field somewhere. No thanks. For now, if we could just get the government to stop proactively harming us, that would be something.
Mate, under the corporate (and yes, right wing) status quo, men are already virtually enslaved (along with women, might I add) with shit wages and less and less assistance. Men are already being murdered and kidnapped and etc etc by the state.

And the Left is actively trying to fight it. Yet, you have yet another trauma (ie, you know people who have suffered during revolutions) that makes you see any movement that appears leftist to be just a stepping stone in some communist revolution that will genocide everyone.

...In fact...I'm about to scare the shit out of you.

You want to prevent a violent communistic/marxist/hardcore extremist left revolution?

Then there needs to be concessions made to the people (ie, that list of "Are you in favor of these things, whey would save lives" I pointed to you twice, which are leftist priorities).

See...Revolutions don't "just happen" because some marxist was like "hon hon, I shall now take over for the greater good!". They happen when the rich and power inevitably gain so much power that they outright start crushing people and making them miserable en-masse and they start getting desperate looking for a change, and starting going "Hey, these commies are sounding pretty resonable, capitalism is killing us!". Like they're feeling right now.

I don't have the exact stat, but a majority of households cannot afford a thousand dollar emergency. And there's a pandemic raging that has crushed the economy. Something like a third of households were not able to pay rent or mortgage last month. And yet, the US people got ONE small cheque over the last 6 months, while the government shovelled trillions into corporations.

Given that the economy is collapsing, and there's no help coming to the people, and that if the government stops protecting them from eviction a shitton of people will be now homeless...That's a lot of anger and feelings of being victims of injustice that are happening, not helped by federal goons grabbing people off the street for mostly peaceful protests.

People are more and more questioning the way the system is working, where they get screwed and the rich and corporations get bailouts with no conditions. Normally, this could manifest in peaceful change via reforms and democratic power (and we're slowly seeing that with outsider leftists getting elected)...But between the pandemic making all of the problems immediately worse, and the established government people (GOP AND DEM leadership both!) refusing to do anything to help...

Well, honestly, I'm worried that if things don't change soon, there very well could be radical rioting and violence (not all leftist either), because people will be so screwed that they will be desperate for any kind of change and see it as life or death.

The list I keep sharing are all common sense things that DO stop the government proactively hurting the people, and would release that pressure before it cracks society.

If those common sense left-leaning things happen...Well, the pressure is released. People who are content (not necessarily happy, just content) do not turn to violence and rioting and revolution. If people had a UBI until the pandemic is over, did not lose their homes, and had their healthcare taken care of at no cost and that was the only changes done, that would probably actually be enough.

So, what I'm saying is, if you want to stop a Marxist revolution, you gotta concede to the left to take the pressure off. I mean, you don't see angry uprisings in Australia, the Nordic countries or Canada, but you're sure as hell are seeing the start of them in the US, now ain'tcha?

You know what, fair 'nough. And good luck with the game dev!
Thanks. I have another 29 days to finish, and with the core combat system done, I should be able to clinch it. :)

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
ITMT: we have a program that actually bribes women to socially disenfranchise men: WICBMFO: Women, Infants, Children But Men Fuck Off. And while domestic violence is instigated 50-50 men and women in hetero couples, we have a Federal DVAWBMFO act.. Domestic Violence Against Women But Men Fuck Off act. As women live longer, it is more likely that a social security check is sent to them, not men. And more.
See, this is why I see you as a spoiled brat at best, someone in desperate need of mental health services at worst. The very idea that you resent women for living slightly longer and getting more social security checks indicates that this is very much about retribution for you. It would make a lot of sense why you keep voting for the party who, instead of expanding civil rights and social welfare, want to destroy them.

"How dare single moms get assistance with their children! I'm going to vote for Trump so nobody gets assistance for their kids!!!"

"How dare the law address violence against women specifically! I'm going to vote for Trump so he can legalize domestic abuse!!!"

This is not a coherent ideology, this a panic attack with sentence structure.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I thought under Trump, things were getting better. Wages were going up, unemployment record lows. And you still had people losing their minds and lying non-stop about him.
Still, totally my bad and I apologize for asking but could you provide me that link to the measures you think would help? This thing is 14 pages long so I don't think I'll find it without asking. Thanks.

Aegix Drakan

Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
I thought under Trump, things were getting better. Wages were going up, unemployment record lows. And you still had people losing their minds and lying non-stop about him.
Still, totally my bad and I apologize for asking but could you provide me that link to the measures you think would help? This thing is 14 pages long so I don't think I'll find it without asking. Thanks.
- Guaranteed healthcare for everyone, free at point of service.

- All medication being kept at an affordable price so that even people on minimum wage can afford their insulin.

- Affordable low-cost housing for everyone, and improved homeless shelters so that no one is forced to live on the street, and has access to job training to get out of homelessness.

- Decriminalization of drug possession and an approach designed to help people overcome addiction instead of throwing them in prison and thus destroying any chance they have of finding decent employment in the future (and also does nothing to stop their addiction).

- An end to all wars (and extrajudicial drone killings) your country is currently participating in, in countries that haven't even attacked you.

- A federally mandated living wage adjusted to your state's cost of living so that everyone who works a full time job can afford food, shelter and basic transportation.

-a massive overhaul of policing, replacing most police response (for things like homelessness, wellness checks, etc) with social workers who are trained to de-escalate situations peacefully.

- demilitarizing the police so they don't show up with military hardware.

- Tightened gun laws so that people suffering from severe mental illness or who have a record of violence are not able to get their hands on a semi-automatic rifle and a large amount of ammunition.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Still trying to give him all the credit for the economy he inherited from Obama, huh? Amazing. All Trump has to do is make sure Obama has little to no legacy in the history books and the right will forgive him for goddamn anything.

- All medication being kept at an affordable price so that even people on minimum wage can afford their insulin.

- Affordable low-cost housing for everyone, and improved homeless shelters so that no one is forced to live on the street, and has access to job training to get out of homelessness.

- Decriminalization of drug possession and an approach designed to help people overcome addiction instead of throwing them in prison and thus destroying any chance they have of finding decent employment in the future (and also does nothing to stop their addiction).

- An end to all wars (and extrajudicial drone killings) your country is currently participating in, in countries that haven't even attacked you.

- A federally mandated living wage adjusted to your state's cost of living so that everyone who works a full time job can afford food, shelter and basic transportation.

-a massive overhaul of policing, replacing most police response (for things like homelessness, wellness checks, etc) with social workers who are trained to de-escalate situations peacefully.

- demilitarizing the police so they don't show up with military hardware.

- Tightened gun laws so that people suffering from severe mental illness or who have a record of violence are not able to get their hands on a semi-automatic rifle and a large amount of ammunition.
What do you think are the odds he's actually going to comment on any of these policies vs just like your post and wait for you to forget about the conversation before coming back in to claim the VWA is part of a Marxist plot castrate all men and put them to work in the tampon mines?

Aegix Drakan

Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
What do you think are the odds he's actually going to comment on any of these policies vs just like your post and wait for you to forget about the conversation before coming back in to claim the VWA is part of a Marxist plot castrate all men and put them to work in the tampon mines?
He actually PM'd me asking me if I can create a thread talking about it, or if he can go ahead and make his own (I suggested he make his own. I'm not sure how I'd approach that topic and I'm often kind of shit at making new threads), which was actually a pretty pleasant surprise to be honest.

I guess we'll see how that goes when it happens?

Also, tampon mines, oh my god. I nearly full on cracked up. XD What kind of mines, the kind you dig stuff out of, or the kind that do horrible things to you if you step on them? Maybe both? XD

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
He actually PM'd me asking me if I can create a thread talking about it, or if he can go ahead and make his own (I suggested he make his own. I'm not sure how I'd approach that topic and I'm often kind of shit at making new threads), which was actually a pretty pleasant surprise to be honest.

I guess we'll see how that goes when it happens?
I still don't hold out much hope for him actually backing any of those policies. Conservatives always say they support progressive policies, but when it comes time to actually vote they never do.

Also, tampon mines, oh my god. I nearly full on cracked up. XD What kind of mines, the kind you dig stuff out of, or the kind that do horrible things to you if you step on them? Maybe both? XD
Yes.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If the law was like "You must by law have mostly women on the board", then sure, you'd have a point, but otherwise I don't really see the issue.
Something closer to what Norway does, where a minimum of 40% of the board must be women, with no maximum then? Though I suspect most of the folks happy with the CA law would love to see it extended like that.

The CA law is less aggressive than that, requiring a minimum of 1 on a board of 4, 2 on a board of 5, and 3 on a board of 6 or more. Any openings must be filled with women to meet the quota, and if there aren't enough openings before the deadline then additional seats must be created to fill the quota (which means immediately up to three women required, since if you had a board of less than 6 and had to meet the quota by adding seats, adding the seats increases the size of the board in turn requiring more seats). There is of course no maximum on the number of permitted women, nor a minimum on the number of required men.

or their state deliberately has poor sex ex and poor access to contraceptives and fights to keep things that way...Well...Contraceptives are a very good prevention tool. You can't get pregnant with a baby you can't care for if you use contraceptives, right?
I'm in WV, we usually get considered an example of this sort of thing (generally of "backwards" conservative religious folk - we were only a safe blue state before 2000 because of the unions, turns out when your Dem influence comes from United Mine Workers "actively kill coal" is a bad policy plank). I'm closing in on 40. I was aware of contraception and what my limited options were as a male well before I had any chance of actually having sex and had no trouble just walking into a pharmacy and buying condoms back in the 90s. My wife (will be one year come October) started on the pill at age 13, back in the early 90s.

^ *Gasp* no don't you see, they will do MORE wars in an attempt to kill most of the men so that they will only exist as sex trophies for women and their takeover of society will be compleeeeeete!!! ^ /s
You joke, but if I recall European queens were significantly more likely to wage wars than kings.

I don't think governing Republicans do anything more than talk about abortion. How many USSC justices that are upholding Roe v Wade were put there by Republican Presidents?
Amusingly, I half expect that if a future Dem president manages to pass a universal healthcare bill that Roe v Wade will be used to challenge it. Because Roe v Wade relies on the idea that the government has no business being involved with healthcare decisions between you and your doctor, but universal healthcare will necessarily make your health care decisions the business of government. So, which gives first? Does the government have a compelling interest in being involved in decisions between you and your doctor? Either way, the right wingers would win.

Any reason meds aren't part of "healthcare"?

Also, if you know anyone whose having trouble affording their insulin, the manufacturers have copay discount cards available that can cut your copays down to somewhere in the $5-25 range/mo regardless of what insurance says, depending on brand and product. I use them for Novolog and Basaglar currently. They're not super well known about (Google is your friend), I'd never heard of them until I met my now wife who learned about them when she was working as a pharmacy tech long ago.

Reactions: gorfias