How To Use the 10 Generals of Magic's Commander 2015

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
How To Use the 10 Generals of Magic's Commander 2015

A few ideas on how to build a deck around each of the new generals in Commander 2015.

Read Full Article

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
A complete magic newb here: Commanders effects only trigger if they are in the battlefield and not the command zone? As someone without a collection I would prob just be using the deck straight out of the box, but it is cool to see the improvements you could make.

Sep 13, 2009
Unfortunately most of the experience counter commanders seem really boring. The alternate commanders are almost all more interesting than the default ones. Mizzix is possibly an exception to that though.

That being said, there's some great cards in the decks. Mirror Match is one that's definitely going into my Zedruu deck

Jeremy Dawkins said:
A complete magic newb here: Commanders effects only trigger if they are in the battlefield and not the command zone? As someone without a collection I would prob just be using the deck straight out of the box, but it is cool to see the improvements you could make.
They only work on the battlefield. You'd have to have a card like [mtg_card="Oloro, Ageless ascetic"] for the abilities to work in the command zone.

EDIT: Also, does anyone else think that this card is beyond nuts?

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Don't diss the snake, that's 6 unblockable commander damage on turn 4 if you got the colours for buffing himself twice. With ramp and green +/+ shenanigans added, he is actually kinda interesting, if you like to paint a target on your forehead as soon as possible.

Not to mention the tiny leaders potential.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
They keep giving us new commander sets.
When are they going to give us another Archenemy set instead?
Archenemy sold crazy-well, it's not like it was some niche.
It might be a niche now due to how impossible it is to get the decks.

Sam Neale

Jan 2, 2012
They also miss out on the insanely easy infite turn combo with ezuri and sage of hours, that is totally going to be exploited horrendously

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm quite looking forward to finally get into a non-permanent focused deck with Mizzix as its commander. All my current decks are pretty heavy creature beatdown, hell even my Bant deck is. This seems as good a time to get an easy introduction into non-permanent play as any. Maybe even build some kind of very weird Arjun deck out of it.
Sam Neale said:
They also miss out on the insanely easy infite turn combo with ezuri and sage of hours, that is totally going to be exploited horrendously
Speaking of exploiting, the moment I saw Blade of Selves [http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/commander-2015/26149-blade-of-selves] pop up in the MTG spoilers I immediately thought of my [mtg_card="Roon of the Hidden Realm"] deck and

Dis gon' be gewd.
Souplex said:
They keep giving us new commander sets.
When are they going to give us another Archenemy set instead?
Archenemy sold crazy-well, it's not like it was some niche.
It might be a niche now due to how impossible it is to get the decks.
And why not bring Arena back while we're at it, why don't we?

Honestly I'm glad of all this EDH support. It's a delightfully cheap format to play and I love the free-for-all nature of it. Given, I wouldn't mind a different multiplayer format to be another thing either.