How "world stupid",kids today are: jobs vs professions, & my suspension *New adds for understanding*

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
So lemme see if I understand this correctly. She was given three forty minute detentions, which will be served after school I presume, while you were given a two day suspension, meaning you miss two days of school, thus can stay home and play video games, post on the escapist, surf the web and so forth?

The hell you complaining about mate? :p

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Well that is certainly an interesting situation you've managed to find yourself in. The thing is though you're in highschool, trust me, the tolerance level becomes a lot higher when people get into uni. I'm not sure if they mature or its because you're all going there to learn and actually advance your education, but just wait a little bit and you'll be right.

She is obviously ignorant and foolish, don't let it worry you. One of the better things you can realise in life is a lot of people can be very stupid and the sooner you realise this the happier you'll be, as you won't need to concern yourself with what they say. Your suspension doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but in a few years time no-one will know the difference so thats the idea you should be aiming for.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Agayek said:
Pi_Fighter said:
I find it interresting that only men who have no details in thier profiles would question me over my behavior.

Read through my previous posts on this thread for my response to what you have said.
Fine.

I'm a 21 year old, straight male, I grew up in San Francisco, CA. Am currently 8 months from graduating from a university in Flint, MI, and my birthday is 3/14/1988. Oh and on an edit: I was regularly abused, both physically and verbally, by every one of my peers and ignored by authority figures from the age of 7 until 13. See, I can call attention to myself too.

All of that is my personal information, and it's completely irrelevant to anything we have to discuss.

You're gay, good for you. I couldn't care less.

Running around, screaming "HAY GUYZ I'M GAY!" doesn't make you any less gay or me care any more. Matter of fact, it just irritates me. It's a cry for attention, for some reason I can't imagine. Maybe you're just fed up with not telling people, I couldn't say. All I do know is that highlighting that your different does nothing but call attention to yourself.
Then why did you respond at all?

Edit: That is a question that you must answer for yourself and any answer you come up with would lose all meaning if you posted it here.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
actually I think it's great the teacher made you have a discussion in an attempt to defend your ideas rather than jump in. Education is challenging existing thought and creating new ideas.

Though a word of advice: Stay cool and don't resort to insults or 'colorful language' if the other person does, it makes them look like more of an idiot if you keep giving facts and they keep repeating conservative buzzwords. If you do the same thing, you just end up being an annoying argument on network news.

Spyre2000

Apr 18, 2009
duchaked said:
schools have a no-tolerance policy...that includes self-defense
That is so true. Back in Jr. High me and this kid had an argument before gym class which I thought was done when I walked away. Well turns out he had other ideas so a few mins later in gym class when we are all just standing around he comes up behind me and jumps on me and hitting me. The teacher was standing right there and saw the whole thing and quickly grabbed him before I was able to shake him off and hit back. Well we were both sent to the principles office and given a weeks suspension for fighting. When I try to tell them I didn't do anything wrong I was just standing there and he jumped me, and that I didn't even hit back once the principle said he didn't care.

Honestly I have a lot more self control them most and all my friends tell me they are amazed at how calm I remain no matter the situation. I'm out of school now but having seen what goes on in schools and there shier indifference of school officials plus the openly punishing of the victims I'm not all that surprised when there are things like Colonbine and other school shootings. Everyone acts as though it's such a big surprise, the same way people act surprise when they taunt a wild animal and it attacks them.

These insane teachers who treat the kids like dirt and even more so when the kid shows some intelligence by questioning when the teacher is wrong. Combined with the overly superficial pop culture driven social status which scorns people who show any sign of intelligence. And it's a wonder the US has the 2nd worst schools in the developed world. We beat out Mexico.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
WinterSoldier said:
Perhaps there needs to be a class that educates kids about etiquette, life, and how the world works? After all, if their parents aren't going to bother with that...

And I hate most rich kids. Most of them are so snobby and ignorant.
Portal Maniac said:
I second the previously stated "bullshit."
thirded

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Mostly because I'm bored and can't sleep. But partially because people encouraging the emphasis on differences between people is one of the things that can really get me up on my soapbox.

Anyone that treats or expects to be treated differently based on things beyond their control are the people that are hurting societal evolution. You don't tell people you know you're gay because you don't wanna deal with being treated differently. That's a problem. The people you know would treat you differently if they knew you were gay. That's a problem. You seem to care that you have a different sexual orientation than the norm. That's a problem.

The way I see it, we can't move forward as a society, or even a species, until we've all collectively stopped caring about why and how people are different.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Agayek said:
Pi_Fighter said:
Mostly because I'm bored and can't sleep. But partially because people encouraging the emphasis on differences between people is one of the things that can really get me up on my soapbox.

Anyone that treats or expects to be treated differently based on things beyond their control are the people that are hurting societal evolution. You don't tell people you know you're gay because you don't wanna deal with being treated differently. That's a problem. The people you know would treat you differently if they knew you were gay. That's a problem. You seem to care that you have a different sexual orientation than the norm. That's a problem.

The way I see it, we can't move forward as a society, or even a species, until we've all collectively stopped caring about why and how people are different.
Damn.
I editted too late.
Pi_Fighter said:

Edit: That is a question that you must answer for yourself and any answer you come up with would lose all meaning if you posted it here.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Damn.
I editted too late.
Pi_Fighter said:

Now I'm real curious. Why does posting my answer make it any less meaningful? Why does making something public change its inherent value?

I am what I am, and I think how I think, regardless of other people's opinions or thoughts. Matter of fact, making something public is the only way to improve such things. That way people can see how your thoughts work, challenge them and thus make them better. I thrive on being challenged, especially on my beliefs and ideals. It helps me grow, not only as a person, but also my understanding and depth of knowledge.

On a side note, as I just came to the realization of possible subtext, everything I've said was based on the assumption that whatsisnuts, the other guy you were arguing with, was right about the other posts. I don't care enough to verify it, and like I said before, I am bored and unable to sleep.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Agayek said:
Pi_Fighter said:
Damn.
I editted too late.
Pi_Fighter said:

Now I'm real curious. Why does posting my answer make it any less meaningful? Why does making something public change its inherent value?

I am what I am, and I think how I think, regardless of other people's opinions or thoughts. Matter of fact, making something public is the only way to improve such things. That way people can see how your thoughts work, challenge them and thus make them better. I thrive on being challenged, especially on my beliefs and ideals. It helps me grow, not only as a person, but also my understanding and depth of knowledge.

On a side note, as I just came to the realization of possible subtext, everything I've said was based on the assumption that whatsisnuts, the other guy you were arguing with, was right about the other posts. I don't care enough to verify it, and like I said before, I am bored and unable to sleep.
You are reading too much into it.
I wanted you to formulate an answer in your own time, rahter than feel pressured into responding quickly, which happens a lot on forums.
The answer is less meaningful because you pushed it out in 7 minutes and you admit to being sleep deprived so your thoughts on the matter can only have been knee-jerk.
My evidence for this:
You said:
Agayek said:
You're gay, good for you. I couldn't care less.
Indicating that you haven't put much thought into the matter before now.

Sk3nv0y

Apr 20, 2009
Dude seek first to understand then to be understood.

Although when you hit ignorence like a brick wall get back up and keep going.

If you find people to be racist and ignorant ignore them and if they wish to debate with you smile. By smiling, speaking calmly and not agravating the situation (in any way what so ever) you show yourself to be the one with restraint compared to the 'racist'.

As soon as you escalate the situation you lose every shred of respect you have and the other person is instantly seemed to be correct.

(im asuming you live in the USA) like some counrtys the USA is founded on immigrants (excluding the natives) People who hate immigrants should take a long look at how they found themselves in their country.

At my school for an oral one of my "colleagues" decided to do his oral on how immigrants were ruining australia (The irony was lost on him). My favourite quote was "... Then theres all those chinese people taking up all those jobs... IN CHINATOWN!".

So all in all just relax and secretly plot their downfall in your mind.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
liamlemon7 said:
how could you make fun of Greece it was like an ancient poer and stuff
i've heard stuff bout gay incest as the regular jokes for greece other than that nope

Glefistus said:
Well, think of it this way, if whatever Nation you're from (I'm assuming the USA) ever gets invaded, she'll probably be among those the invaders kill, thanks to her big mouth and elitist attitude.
i could see it now

"Only poor people join the army, why are you invading my country, gtfo ***** i don't have to deal with you i have money and my daddy will sue your a *Garroted*"

third and final point, you can EASILY get the student and teacher expelled from said academy of learning. It is *supposed* to be a safe environment. I stress supposed. as long as another student will stick up for you, you can probably get one if not both kicked out

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
You think your teacher is bad just for ignoring you and giving the wrong person the suspension? My teacher threw me under the damn bus (no pun intended, and its just an expression, I was not literally thrown under a bus). I asked to go get a drink of water and go to the bathroom and she gave me permission. A teacher in the hallway told me I shouldn't be out there and proceeded to take me to my classroom where she asked my teacher if she allowed me to be outside. My teacher said she didn't allow me (I have no idea why the hell why), and I was given a two day suspension. Two days suspension for being out in the halls when I was given permission by a teacher who lied saying she did not. And the school administration refused to talk to my parents about it!

WELCOME TO AMERICA! WE PROVIDE FAIR, AND QUALITY EDUCATION!

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
kill them. thats the only way to get there attention. and its the only way anything will change. i recomend a suicide bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpEPlLEGvsg

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
That teacher must be a *****....

On a side note, how could you get a day and a half suspension? Why not two days or something like that?