How would you describe a game you enjoy/are excited for to someone who doesn't play games.

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
Alright, a little detail here. i just pre-ordered skyrim. i'm tremendously excited to play it. Something about the game makes me giddy in and around the pants, however i was out with a friend who is not exactly in the gaming scene, so he didn't know what the game was about. In my attempt at to tell him what skyrim was, what you did how you did and why. i found myself completely unable to do such a thing. My closest way to describe it was medieval times. with dragons and you get to do what you want how you want. But that doesn't do it justice, either way i digress.

How would you describe a game you love or really enjoy, oooorrr are looking forwards to in the future to someone who does not play games, or even understand conventions we all take for granted (jumping on an enemy's head kills them instantly and that stuff.)

Go, i'm excited to see this.

(if someone manages to describe killer7 in a way non gamers would understand...hell in a way anyone would understand. you get points)

greenflash

Jul 13, 2010
Show them a trailer or gameplay video while giving a step by step description of the game's mechanics and story.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus

A huge middle finger to Rodger Ebert, is how I would describe the game to a non gamer.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
TimeSplitters:

"YOU CAN KILL A MONKEY WITH A BRICK IN A CHINESE RESTARAUNT WHILST PLAYING AS A SNOWMAN THAT WALKS BY SITTING ON A MAGIC CARPET!"

EDIT:

Doing skyrim is easy.
You just look 'em right in the eyes and say "Fucking dragons".

Also, Arkham City:
"You get to be Batman. BATMAN!"

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
I wouldn't try to describe games to a non-gamer, because it is mostly a waste of time. They have nothing to compare with (maybe Pac-Man or Space Invaders), and they are not interested in what makes game X better than game Y.

So, talk with your gamer friends, it'll be a much more exciting experience.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Palademon said:
Also, Arkham City:
"You get to be Batman. BATMAN!"
I would've went with something along the lines of "For once you can say 'I'M THE GODDAMNED BATMAN!' and have it actually make sense".

Look-a-Hill

Nov 18, 2009
I wouldn't say Oblivion is difficult to describe. 'Fantasy setting. Wander around a massive open world doing quests for people and slapping bandits, vampires and wolves'.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Okay. Sassy Creed revelations.

A tale about a guy in a coma working through his mental troubles while re-living the memories of his ancestor in the early 1500's through a machine called the Animus. His ancestor is a member of an underground organisation, called the Assassins, dedicated to protecting freewill and peace, working against another underground organisation, called the Templars, dedicated to protecting peace by restricting freewill.
He relives the time when his ancestor tried to find and open a library full of knowledge collected by the legendary assassin, Altiar, who is HIS ancestor.
Also, there is a number of objects called "Pieces of Eden," which were created by a civilisation of highly advanced beings. These objects have incredible power, such as the ability to deceive the human mind.

...will that do?