How would you feel having a Symbiote?

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
Durgiun said:
I'd just eat a shitload of chocolate and do my best not to kill innocent people. Mafiosos and corrupt officials that are responsible for people's deaths and haven't been jailed...

P. S. One internet to any nerd who knows why I mentioned chocolate.
its that or brains, the symbiote was lacking a certain mineral.
one that is in both human brains and chocolate.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
The chance to be superhuman and have a sweet living costume that responds to your thoughts? Where do I sign up? Would make life so much easier.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Joseph Alexander said:
Durgiun said:
I'd just eat a shitload of chocolate and do my best not to kill innocent people. Mafiosos and corrupt officials that are responsible for people's deaths and haven't been jailed...

P. S. One internet to any nerd who knows why I mentioned chocolate.
So why the fuck has a symbiote ever chose to eat brains over chocolate?

Hmm...murder, or a delicious treat....

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
Hmmm...tough call. On one hand, I could beat up/maim/kill anyone I want (as long as I keep my identity a secret), have amazing superhuman abilities, and look hella cool. I'd be cockier and could get in people's faces more often without the fear of retribution. And even if they did retaliate, I could smack them down easily. Plus, I've always wanted to try out the superhero biz...

On the other hand, I'd most likely be bound to it pretty badly, having to submit myself to it more than I'd want to. It'd need adrenaline, so I'd have to take unnecessary risks to fulfill its needs, which means more danger and risk in my life, and I'm not really one for danger. I'd probably be more worn out than I am, more implusive, rash, and quicker to anger...Would not help my job opportunities.

Hmmm...aw, what the hell. Sure, sign me up.

P.S. Also, I know I've definitely missed a few Spidey comics in the past, but THAT'S Flash Thompson?! How'd that jerk get it?!

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Joseph Alexander said:
Kee-rect. One internet to you, my good nerd.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm not sure since I like having my privacy. Since it's on me all the time will loose that unless the symbiote doesn't judge me.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
Depends on the kind of symbiote. The Trill seem to be quite fine with it, and as far as I can tell, except for the somewhat unpleasant-lookinmg implantation process it has no negative effects.

My Coli bacteria, white blood cells and such seem to be doing just fine as well, so far.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Durgiun said:
Shotgun Guy said:
Having a Symbiote would be a tricky thing, it can cause all sorts of mental problems and someone even got cancer from using it for too long. I would still take one if given the opportunity, I'd figure out someway to keep it contained and then only use it for like two hours at a time, once a week. Using it in moderation so it didn't have a chance to do anything too bad to me.
No, Eddie Brock got cancer due to his own biology and the symbiote actually helped Brock live longer and more easily. The only danger a Symbiote poses to the user is that your body might become dependant on it. Not 100% sure about the last part, though.
Really? That's interesting, I'm didn't keep too good track of Brock's whole story but I thought Venom messed him up and Anti-Venom saved him?

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
LG Jargon said:
P.S. Also, I know I've definitely missed a few Spidey comics in the past, but THAT'S Flash Thompson?! How'd that jerk get it?!
Become a war hero, get your legs blown off, Captain America will give you basically anything.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That depends, what kind of symbiotes are we talking about here? The ones from Spider-man or the ones from Stargate?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rowan93 said:
By the way, you should probably specify it if you're talking about the symbiotes from the Marvel universe.
Should probably also specify which kind, since there's like 50 of them now.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Knight Captain Kerr said:
I already have symbiotic bacteria in my large intestine.

As for the Symbiotes from Marvel, no I have a feeling it would make me go evil.

Then again....

See, that's exactly why I'd worry about having a symbiote. Evil I could handle, but turning into a colossal douche?

I'd rather die!

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
What kind of symbiote? If it's an infant Goa'uld, then I'll pass unless I can have a good supply of symbiotes to recycle. If it's a Tok'ra, then I might say yes. It's a flat out no if it's a system lord.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
I'd be fine with it, as long as I didn't have to be bad lol. I'd be a superhero
the symbiot will make you do what ever the hell it wants thats half the premiss if you cant have a symbiot without that risk...

OT: i will fill guilty if ill do a really bad things but if offered id take the risk...

btw OP you seem to really like venom if you do i highly recomend you to check out the ongoing venom series going out now its really good! but its already 15 issues in... so i recomend you to try and get the previous issues (you can skip 6-8 cause they are tie ins to some event) to get the full story...

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I get the feeling I'd be stuck with one that likes laziness not fighting, but that we'd end up being dragged into most fights merely because that's how things work.

Also, I imagine my food cost would rise having to support a sentient, rapidly moving and adapting life-form... especially if I'm web slinging.

That being said, I'd love to abuse the hell out of mundane powers and it'd be nice to have someone I could talk to at any time (here's hoping they enjoy metaphysical ideas and societal observations more than "destroy Spider-man").

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
I think I'd be fine, since most of those symbiotes tend to make you fine with them. It's what they do.

If I had free will on the topic, though, it'd freak me out to no end, superpowers or not, unless I could be sure that it wouldn't eat me or turn me into a monster or something.