How would you react if future 3D Zelda games got rid of Z-Targeting?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I honestly don't know how I'd feel about it. We've had it since OoT and it always makes the combat feel awesome.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Let me put it this way - if a person was in favor of removing the Z-targeting system, I would have to consider them a member of the "Not Z" Party.

Friends don't let friends join the Not Z Party.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I'd swim to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto, find Eiji Aonuma, and slap upside the head Gib's style because if a 3D Zelda game didn't have it then combat would be a problem. 2D, isometric Zelda games would do fine without it, but 3D Zelda games would become a huge pain.

Ugh, just trying to imagine Twilight Princess or Wind Waker without Z targeting makes me sick. >.<

I mean, against Ganondorf in OoT you don't have it, but you can easily position yourself to play tennis with Ganondorf. If you were against say Ghirahim without some type of targeting then that'd be annoying.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Wait there is Z targeting? I always free lanced swung my sword. Ao impersonally wouldn't care. Then again i haven't played a zelda game since OOT, so i probably wouldn't care anyways.
Dead Seerius said:
Let me put it this way - if a person was in favor of removing the Z-targeting system, I would have to consider them a member of the "Not Z" Party.

Friends don't let friends join the Not Z Party.
Ha, clever.

Fine then , i'll make my own Not Z party! With hookers and blackjack! It will be the best Not Z party ever!

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I wouldn't mind so long as it's replaced with something better.

I think Wind Waker was the last Zelda game that I really dug the combat, all the sword fights and the ability to pick up weapons.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Yeah, that would suck. But do you mean all of the future Zeldas?

Only clarifying because I don't think Hyrule Warriors has it.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Aerosteam said:
Yeah, that would suck. But do you mean all of the future Zeldas?

Only clarifying because I don't think Hyrule Warriors has it.
I mean main 3D adventure TLOZ games.

Hyrule Warriors is just... a whatever.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
That I need to get home quickly because I'm clearly in an alternate dimension. Why in the WORLD would anyone get rid of that? The lock-on is an essential tool in any kind of action game.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Aiddon said:
That I need to get home quickly because I'm clearly in an alternate dimension. Why in the WORLD would anyone get rid of that? The lock-on is an essential tool in any kind of action game.
No it is an essential tool to overcome any games horrid camera control, if the underlying problem got fixed that would never be necessary.
But seeing as the resounding vote on Zelda is to keep it all the same devs really have no choice on the matter, they can only keep doing the old things as expected.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Mr.K. said:
No it is an essential tool to overcome any games horrid camera control, if the underlying problem got fixed that would never be necessary.
May I see a game with what you would consider 'good' camera control? I have yet to see a good 3D action game that wouldn't benefit from some kind of lock-on system.

I would be nonplussed if I heard they got rid of the targeting system. How would you aim your projectile weapons in a timely manner? How would you perform Jump attacks or Parry attacks?

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Well, given that we have Wii Motes, 3DS', and GamePads, it should be fairly easy to continue playing future 3D Zelda titles without the function of a Z-Targeting system.

So long as we can still strife and effectively aim, I don't think it will be such a hindrance. Parry and counter attacks might be tricky to pull off, but as long as they aren't flat-out broken like in AC3, that won't be too difficult to adjust to.