how would your life be if you never gamed

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
hi guys. i love to look at my evergrowing game collection and wondered what might have been in that shelf if i never decided to pick up gaming. so how will your life without gaming be like? for better or for worse

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Probably for worse. Games have shown me a lot of valuable things in life and I find them a great way to meet new people as well as just a time sink :p. Either way they have definitely improved my life

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Umm, I'd like to say I would have a girlfriend, a job, my license, etc.

But I'd be lying. The truth is I'm just an escapist (sort of why I'm here). If I didn't have games I would spend monstrous amounts of time reading, watching movies, drawing, writing poetry, anything like that.

It's a person's personality that draws them to video games. I play video games because I'm a reclusive misanthrope. Games didn't make me that way, they just make the lifestyle a little easier.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I'd have comitted suicide a long time ago. Games helped distract me when I was younger.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
SomeLameStuff said:
I'd have comitted suicide a long time ago. Games helped distract me when I was younger.
Same here. School was not a very pleasant place for me. Games helped and so did music. And I learned so many valuable lessons from the AWESOME RPGS OF THAT TIME.

Interestingly, at first I was scared of playing games. I'd always watch my uncle play them and any time he'd try to get me to play, I'd always say "no" and continue to watch him play. Well, the day finally came when my uncle got called by my grandfather to help him with some things and he gave me the controller and said "Have fun". When he came back, he asked for the controller back and I shot him look that pretty much said "If you reach for this controller, you will be pulling back a bloodied stump for an arm."

He has yet to get that controller back, as I am now the dominant gamer in our family.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Wouldn't be that much different, honestly.
Gaming has been and always will be a hobby that takes up time. If I wasn't a gamer, I would have probably just replaced the time I spent gaming with one of the many sports I play/played.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Not good. I'd probably have friends, an extroverted personality, bigger muscles and higher confidence. But I'm glad not to have those things if it meant I never gamed.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I would most likely have killed several other students in middle school and I'd be in a mental institution by now.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
SomeLameStuff said:
Same here. School was not a very pleasant place for me. Games helped and so did music. And I learned so many valuable lessons from the AWESOME RPGS OF THAT TIME.

Interestingly, at first I was scared of playing games. I'd always watch my uncle play them and any time he'd try to get me to play, I'd always say "no" and continue to watch him play. Well, the day finally came when my uncle got called by my grandfather to help him with some things and he gave me the controller and said "Have fun". When he came back, he asked for the controller back and I shot him look that pretty much said "If you reach for this controller, you will be pulling back a bloodied stump for an arm."

He has yet to get that controller back, as I am now the dominant gamer in our family.
Another one here, school life was shit, home life was shit, I had one friend that was no help, and no real hobbies.
Gaming was pretty much all I had, I'd definitely of killed myself by now without them.

Even without the whole "probably dead" thing, games have shaped my personality so thoroughly that I simply wouldn't be the same person if not for them.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I'd probably be doing another study.

CAPTCHA: Love, igneviri

Awwwww, I love you too igneviri.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'd be more bored during my spare time? I don't know.

Its not a way of life, its entertainment.

dolgion

Nov 20, 2010
I'd have read SO many books instead. Maybe wouldn't have been all that bad ...

McNoobin

Sep 8, 2009
I'd get my homework done! It's the only reason I don't have good grades, I do perfectly well on tests, but it is because I don't do my homework. But then again it all just boils down to self discipline. Other than that though I would just spend more time than I normally do practicing an instrument or soccer and nothing would really change.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
It would be terrible.

And I wouldn't have met my awesome, gorgeous, sexy gamer boyfriend. o.o
We met on a gaming forum. xD

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
loc978 said:
...I would most likely have killed several other students in middle school and I'd be in a mental institution by now.
Oh yeah, same here buddy. I use video games to vent frustrations and melt away stress. All that would be gone without video games.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'd probably still have my old girlfriend(I dumped her though, she didn't like my gaming!) and lots of my old friends.
Thanks for making me depressed!

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Everything would be the same, except i would be more bored...

I'd probably watch TV or something instead of play games, but most TV programs i find incredibly boring, so i certainly wouldn't be as happy.