how would your life be if you never gamed

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I'd probably never have met my best friend/girlfriend if it weren't for WoW.

I'd never have got my left arm tattooed if it weren't for Mass Effect 2.

I'd probably be in better shape, but a lot more bored.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Fulfilling and successful, probably.

Well, not really, cause it's an element of my personality that I find idle distractions instead of contributing anything to the world or making something of myself. Basically, if it wasn't gaming, it'd be something else. And I'm glad it is gaming.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Would spend equal amounts of time on any other form of entertainment... But probably in more productive and cheaper ways.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Meh, probably hanging around some university, working night and day to become a lawyer or a doctor instead of a game developer.

...Huh.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
dday4you said:
hi guys. i love to look at my evergrowing game collection and wondered what might have been in that shelf if i never decided to pick up gaming. so how will your life without gaming be like? for better or for worse
How would my life be without gaming? I really have no idea.. but if my games were taken away now it would be pretty bleak. Gaming is my main pleasure in life, its also my main motivation for making any sort of effort... I study and work so that I can game to put it simply.

tommy15994

Jan 22, 2011
moretimethansense said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
SomeLameStuff said:
I'd have comitted suicide a long time ago. Games helped distract me when I was younger.
Same here. School was not a very pleasant place for me. Games helped and so did music. And I learned so many valuable lessons from the AWESOME RPGS OF THAT TIME.

Interestingly, at first I was scared of playing games. I'd always watch my uncle play them and any time he'd try to get me to play, I'd always say "no" and continue to watch him play. Well, the day finally came when my uncle got called by my grandfather to help him with some things and he gave me the controller and said "Have fun". When he came back, he asked for the controller back and I shot him look that pretty much said "If you reach for this controller, you will be pulling back a bloodied stump for an arm."

He has yet to get that controller back, as I am now the dominant gamer in our family.
Another one here, school life was shit, home life was shit, I had one friend that was no help, and no real hobbies.
Gaming was pretty much all I had, I'd definitely of killed myself by now without them.

Even without the whole "probably dead" thing, games have shaped my personality so thoroughly that I simply wouldn't be the same person if not for them.
I'm currently in this situation. It's not precisely fun

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Without gaming I'd simply go deeper into my other hobbies. D&D, Magic the Gathering, creative writing, and more boring things like watching TV and movies and reading books.

I have plenty to keep me busy without gaming being in the picture despite it being by far my most time consuming hobby.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
drbarno said:
probably be watching a heckload more of TV
Pretty much this.

I barely watch any TV anymore. The only time I watch TV is when I'm...

-eating breakfast
-eating dinner
-Futurama is on

So, yeah. If I didn't play video games, I'd be...pretty bored.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Sadly (but truthfully) probably better.
But I have no way of confirming that until someone loans me a Tardis.

Auxiliary

Feb 20, 2011
I would have been a succesful person by now. I would be less likely to rape women and or attack people in a violent manner. I would also be addicted to cocaine to fill up my lack of euphoria which gaming provides me with.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
More books, more TV. More of a misfit, less of a connection. Possibly more D&D once I hit high school and didn't constantly have my parents looking over my shoulder.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, I would probably be going to school to become a writer instead of a game designer now. I would also have read many more books, and watched more sci-fi television. Beyond that, it is hard to tell. It is difficult to tell how your life would have turned out if you did something differently, don't you know.

I am only a man

Feb 25, 2011
I'd probably be a slightly better musician, but video game music influenced me as a musician and composer, so, my music would have been affected differently. Plus, hanging out with my girlfriend would probably be very different cause she likes video games.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
My life would have been a lot more stressful with out video games. High school would have been worse with out CoD there to let me kill Nazis and terrorists. And I never would have made it through the shittiest 13 months in my life that is paramedic training with out the stress relief of video games especially MW2.