Huh, so they've already made an animated adaption of The Dark Knight Returns before the 2013 one.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Its like the guys who made this older version ended up working on the newer movie YEARS later.

And Michael Ironside voicing Batman?! Sam Fisher as Batman?!

Give this guy a future Batman role more often Hollywood. He has The Voice.

Peter Weller in the actual movie also did a good job though so I'm split on this.

Peter Weller, Michael Ironside, and Kevin Conroy are the definitive Batman voices.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Yeah, they were both nice. The Animated Series version is the one I was first introduced to TDKR with. Still haven't read the book. Tried once. Don't know if I will now that I've watched the double movie.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Yeah, they were both nice. The Animated Series version is the one I was first introduced to TDKR with. Still haven't read the book. Tried once. Don't know if I will now that I've watched the double movie.
You'll be fine with the movies.

I am of the opinion that Adaptions of Frank Miller's work (his good ones before Dark Knight Strikes Again) are even better then his own original work. Despite somethings here or there.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am genuinely surprised that I have never heard of nor seen this before. That was actually quite good, I think they did a better job of replicating Frank Miller's art style than the more recent (which I still prefer more).