Hulk cut from The Avengers.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Hulk has never really translated to screen well. His best books don't really fit well into the standard narrative blueprint.

He is definitely in the film though

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Um.... Okay, a few things

-Mark Ruffalo has been signed on to play Hulk for some time now. He was introduced as "Bruce Banner" at an Avengers Panel at SDCC 2010.

-Also, The first official Avengers poster features features The Hulk. http://area51comics.com/2011/07/23/the-avengers-movie-posters/.

-IMDB lists Bruce Banner as one of the main characters, Joss Whedon confirmed this.

Jeeze, maybe do a google search or something before you make posts like this

siahsargus

Jul 28, 2010
Voxgizer said:
UberaDpmn said:
Voxgizer said:
The one with Eric Banna and Nick Nolte was garbage.

Edward Norton Hulk, though? Awesome.
siahsargus said:
The Hulk could be more compelling without his main antagonist being the Army, and actually having a more heroic foil like Thor or Captain America instead of it just being Hulk all of the Time.
Either way, The Hulk is the least interesting character that could have been in the Avengers. He's just all 'Grawr, I'm big, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry' etc... What possible story arc could he have filled?
That's true, and he could've taken some slack from Thor being the big dumb strong guy.
Ever read Ultimates? That's the story role he could have been in. It's obvious that they can't go for Loki as a villain like the first Avengers, as he was dispatched in the Thor movie, so having the Hulk as a villain for the first act could be very compelling. Also having his inevitable heel face turn make him the big damn hero during the climax.

Frankly, I just man to see Ant Man/Giant Man and Wasp in the Avengers movie.

sinboy666

Oct 21, 2008
While, Ruffalo is a good actor and I'm sure he gonna be good. I LOVED the Norton Hulk movie, it and Captain America are my favors of the Avenger series.
I would LOVE to see them do the Hulk more like Ultimate Hulk, a big strong guy who is at least a bit in control of his mind, but still pretty much driven by ID. The end of Incredible Hulk leave us with this as a possibility.
Also, am I the only one who hopes there is more of the Abomination? I think the new look of him was AWESOME!

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
siahsargus said:
Voxgizer said:
UberaDpmn said:
Voxgizer said:
The one with Eric Banna and Nick Nolte was garbage.

Edward Norton Hulk, though? Awesome.
siahsargus said:
The Hulk could be more compelling without his main antagonist being the Army, and actually having a more heroic foil like Thor or Captain America instead of it just being Hulk all of the Time.
Either way, The Hulk is the least interesting character that could have been in the Avengers. He's just all 'Grawr, I'm big, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry' etc... What possible story arc could he have filled?
That's true, and he could've taken some slack from Thor being the big dumb strong guy.
Ever read Ultimates? That's the story role he could have been in. It's obvious that they can't go for Loki as a villain like the first Avengers, as he was dispatched in the Thor movie, so having the Hulk as a villain for the first act could be very compelling. Also having his inevitable heel face turn make him the big damn hero during the climax.

Frankly, I just man to see Ant Man/Giant Man and Wasp in the Avengers movie.
Only a few, honestly. I did read Wolverine vs The Hulk, if you mean he played out that way, I'd be all for it. That was pretty awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Just to clear things up-

Here is the screenshot of Bruce Banner (actor Mark Ruffalo) in the recent teaser trailer.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Hulk is in, Edward Norton is out. We'll just have another hulk is all.

[sub]For the love of all that is nerdy, please don't mess this up Marvel...[/sub]

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
We've established he's in it. Now, I'm not the biggest hulk fan in his own movies, but he's my most anticipated part of the avengers. Why?

They're trusting a giant green murder machine on their super team.
Can't wait!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
So, I guess this thread is pointless now. What should this thread be about? I would cast my own vote, but I'm tired, about to sleep, and all I can think is pancakes. So I guess if no one has any better ideas, this thread is about pancakes.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I was extremely pissed off that Edward Norton wasnt going to be the Hulk, even though the new Hulk movie was a little less than meh, I think Norton played his character with perfection, but know he's replaced by some douche named Ruffalo, so it doesnt matter to me whether Hulk was cut or not.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
He's in it, but, wouldn't be much of a loss if he wasn't. Hulk is by a pretty large margin the least interesting Marvel character.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Hammeroj said:
No. However, what truly is scary, is this. The guy who was supposed to be Thor in that trailer looked nothing like Chris fucking Hemsworth. Now, I checked imdb right after getting back from the screening today, and apparently they haven't changed the actor, so... What the fuck was up with that shit?
I talked about this with my GF. she said she didn't notice, but from what I see they have made thor's hair longer than it was in his movie. It looks off, I'll admit, but it is chris hemsworth

OT: Bruce is in the movie trailer (as others have pointed out) and from what I've read they are doing the hulk look to be more like the actor so it's taking extra time to put him in.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Bruce Banner is in the trailer.
They got... uh... whatshisface... guy from Shutter Island and Zodiac to play him.
Mark Ruffalo! For some reason >_>
Not sure why they went with him. He doesn't particularly look like a scientist, much less Bruce Banner but, he's a good actor so I'm sure he'll pull it off.
Though, they have Lou Ferrigno credited as the voice of the Hulk so, yeah he's gonna be in it.
And it's speculated the plot of the film will be the comic arc where Loki tricks the Hulk into fighting against the rest of the team, so yeah he's going to be in it as the Hulk.
No need to worry :D
FangShadow said:
I talked about this with my GF. she said she didn't notice, but from what I see they have made thor's hair longer than it was in his movie. It looks off, I'll admit, but it is chris hemsworth
I noticed that too but... is it weird I thought he looked hotter cooler with his hair like that? No? Just me? <.<

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Bruce Banner is in the trailer.
They got... uh... whatshisface... guy from Shutter Island and Zodiac to play him.
Mark Ruffalo! For some reason >_>
Not sure why they went with him. He doesn't particularly look like a scientist, much less Bruce Banner but, he's a good actor so I'm sure he'll pull it off.
Though, they have Lou Ferrigno credited as the voice of the Hulk so, yeah he's gonna be in it.
And it's speculated the plot of the film will be the comic arc where Loki tricks the Hulk into fighting against the rest of the team, so yeah he's going to be in it as the Hulk.
No need to worry :D
FangShadow said:
I noticed that too but... is it weird I thought he looked hotter cooler with his hair like that? No? Just me? <.<
I thought he looked better with the shorter hair myself. But I'm guessing they think the longer hair will go better with the fact that his armor no longer seems to have chainmail underneath similar to ultimates thor (I'd post an image, but don't know how/have trouble doing things like that)

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
FangShadow said:
I thought he looked better with the shorter hair myself. But I'm guessing they think the longer hair will go better with the fact that his armor no longer seems to have chainmail underneath similar to ultimates thor (I'd post an image, but don't know how/have trouble doing things like that)
Oh yeah, that might have been what they were doing. I never read the Ultimate series but after seeing a picture, it looks like that's what they went for.

Longer hair, just a chest plate and nothing covering the arms.
So yeah, good eye there :D

And to post an image, just quote my post and see how I did that :p

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Donnyp said:
He was still there. In bruce banner form. Mark Ruffalo is playing him.
Mark freakin Ruffalo? You mean they replaced a Oscar caliber actor with some no talent schmuck? *facepalm* Geesh, Avi Arad(whose running Marvel films) needs to clear the rocks out of his head.

Bajinga said:
What's this? There is a Bruce Banner that isn't Eric Bana?
Damn them!
He played that roll well!
0_0.....I hope your joking....or high....

Fuloqwam said:
Um.... Okay, a few things

-Mark Ruffalo has been signed on to play Hulk for some time now. He was introduced as "Bruce Banner" at an Avengers Panel at SDCC 2010.

-Also, The first official Avengers poster features features The Hulk. http://area51comics.com/2011/07/23/the-avengers-movie-posters/.

-IMDB lists Bruce Banner as one of the main characters, Joss Whedon confirmed this.

Jeeze, maybe do a google search or something before you make posts like this
I will admit something...I knew he wasnt going to be cut, but I wanted to make a bold headline. Misleading maybe but I wanted to generate talk among the fans and gather intel. ;)

brunothepig said:
So, I guess this thread is pointless now. What should this thread be about? I would cast my own vote, but I'm tired, about to sleep, and all I can think is pancakes. So I guess if no one has any better ideas, this thread is about pancakes.
How bout no :p I think we should talk about if "Mr. Ruffle My Feathers" can do as good a job as Edward Norton did. I say no.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Julianking93 said:
FangShadow said:
Oh yeah, that might have been what they were doing. I never read the Ultimate series but after seeing a picture, it looks like that's what they went for.

Longer hair, just a chest plate and nothing covering the arms.
So yeah, good eye there :D

And to post an image, just quote my post and see how I did that :p
Can anyone explain to me why, with the exception of Iron Man, Marvel is trying to make The Avengers look like their Ultimate versions?

Does anyone even read the Ultimates line anymore? Im sure that when it was popular people didnt say "Oh yeah if they make a movie I want them to look like that!"

Well maybe they blind and dumb, but not normal folk.

I can forgive Sam Jackson as Nick Fury, because hey he's Sam Freakin Jackson! But other than that I want my marvel hero's the way they where ment to look.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Bajinga said:
What's this? There is a Bruce Banner that isn't Eric Bana?
Damn them!
He played that roll well!
Please tell me you are serious. I fucking hated the Incredible Hulk. It was waaaaaay too much of an action movie. 2003 Hulk was awesome.

Well, that, and I have no interest in half of the Avengers, or the movie itself. But I will see it just out of it having Whedon.

Farson89

Apr 16, 2009
Primus1985 said:
So in the trailer The Avengers, the one that played after Captain American,we get alot of bits and we see the whole team. Except for Hulk. Now I know they kicked Edward Norton off the project (even though he played the best Bruce Banner in years) but I never heard that they replaced him.

I didnt even see a of glimpse of Hulk not a flash of green.

Im calling it, he's not going to be in it.
The movie isn't even finished filming yet and you were expecting a fully rendered Hulk?

REALLY!?