Hulu Plus Opening Its Doors to All US PS3s Next Week

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Hulu Plus Opening Its Doors to All US PS3s Next Week

After a few months working out the kinks, Hulu's premium service is primed and ready to make a splash on the PlayStation 3.

Sony's PlayStation 3 is adding another string to its bow with the arrival of Hulu Plus for all American PSN users. Previously, the service had only been available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, and only a handful of those to boot, but now any PS3 owner who has signed up to the service will be able to watch it via their console.

Hulu Plus costs ten bucks a month, and grants subscribers access to thousands of episodes of TV shows, with a bunch of current programs, as well as a library of past classics. Subscribers will still have to watch the occasional ad however, just as with the free version of Hulu. It seems the subscription fee pays for access to a bigger pool of content and for the privilege of watching it on a wider range of devices, not the cost of showing the programs themselves.

The service is also available on internet enabled TVs from Sony and Samsung, some Samsung Blu-Ray players, and a variety of Applie devices, like the iPad and the latest iPhone. Hulu Plus is also coming to the Xbox 360 early next year, where it will require an Xbox Live Gold subscription to access.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66333]

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
You know what [bleep] the American entertainment industry. I would be willing to pay for such a service, or for tv shows and movies through PSN, but because of american copyright I as a non-american cannot.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Sorry but I have Netflix. And with that, Hulu has yet to justify to me why I should pay them as well as Netflix. Especially when I have to pay AND STILL watch commercials with Hulu.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
Sorry but I have Netflix. And with that, Hulu has yet to justify to me why I should pay them as well as Netflix. Especially when I have to pay AND STILL watch commercials with Hulu.
Not to mention you can just watch Hulu for free on a computer.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
You can't access Hulu outside the US can you?

While I think the idea of Hulu on PSN is good, I think the idea of paying for it is bad. I mean, the Hulu you pay for has no extra features versus the free Hulu, so it seems pointless.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
$10 a month? Isn't that kind of a shitty deal? My brother had Netflix last time he was home and it had a ton of TV shows on it. Neftlix is only $8 a month.

So yeah I'll pass on Hulu Plus.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee if ya live in canada ur screwed again you get no hulu , it's something to do with licensing , as for netflix ... will they take points cards ? probably not ... oh well due to the high price i pay for internet and traffic throttling making streaming and download painfully slow i won't be getting it

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
This is awesome. I was this close to getting PS+, and now I don't have to.