Humble Bundle Goes Indie Again - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Bundle Goes Indie Again - UPDATED

The Humble Indie Bundle 9 is yet another collection of some of the finest indie game offerings on the market.

There's a good likelihood that you already own some of these games, if not most (or even all) of them, but even if you're only lacking one of these outstanding titles there's no better time than now to remedy that situation.

The Humble Indie Bundle 9 has Trine 2: Complete Story, which includes the Goblin Menace expansion and the Dwarven Caverns level, Mark of the Ninja, the Eets Munchies beta and Brutal Legend. And you know the deal - pay more than the average, which is currently well under four bucks, and you'll also pick up FTL: Faster Than Light and Fez. Trine 2, Brutal Legend, FTL and Fez also include soundtracks, making it a solid deal for music fans, too.

As always, you pay what you want for the bundle, with monies divided however you like between the developers, charity - the EFF, Watsi and Child's Play - and the Humble Bundle guys. Paying a minimum of $1 nets you Steam keys where available as well as DRM-free downloads from the Humble store, and if you pay more than $3.99 you'll also get bonus games that will unlock later.

The Humble Indie Bundle 9 is live now and will remain so for two weeks, and although these games have been kicking around for awhile, they're all very, very good. If you're missing even just one out of the pack, three bucks and change to fill that hole is a deal you're not likely to beat.

UPDATE: With one week left on the clock, the promised bonus games have unlocked, and they are an impressive addition to an already-impressive bundle. Pay more than the average price - still well under five bucks - and along with Fez and FTL you'll also score Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion and Limbo. Yowzah!

Source: Humble Bundle [https://www.humblebundle.com/]

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I'll still probably pick up this bundle, but man. This is the first bundle where I've owned most of the games that hold any appeal for me. I have Fez, FTL, and Mark of the Ninja. Hopefully they'll add some games I don't already have

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Awesome collection of games. I do own most of these already but I've yet to check out Fez and a native Linux version of FTL won't go amiss :D

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Beat me to it by a minute. You win this round, Andy. That must be why you're a news contributor and I'm just a scrub.

OT: I already own FTL and Mark of the Ninja. Both are great, FTL was one of my favourite games last year. Both are worth at least twice the current average each, in my opinion. That makes it a good deal. May well pick this up regardless for Fez and whatever is added in a week or so.

The Artificially Prolonged said:
..a native Linux version of FTL won't go amiss :D
Now there's an idea.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Good to hear that, we don't really need no AAA publishers getting involved in what is supposed to be for indie titles.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
MinionJoe said:
How is Brutal Legend considered "indie"? EA have their dick all up in it. http://www.ea.com/brutal-legend
EA is only the publisher for console distribution, Double Fine has full right of the game on PC.

Ghonzor said:
I'll still probably pick up this bundle, but man. This is the first bundle where I've owned most of the games that hold any appeal for me. I have Fez, FTL, and Mark of the Ninja. Hopefully they'll add some games I don't already have
Brütal Legend soundtrack fully worth it. =p

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
It's like Humble Bundle knows what games I want to buy currently and puts them in a cheap bundle just for me...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Well, I feel kind-of dimwitted for buying Brutal Legend and its soundtrack a few weeks ago at 75% off. Same for getting Mark of the Ninja months ago.

Also, I got Fez at full price on 360 (not quite worth it for me and my feeble mind) and don't care about Trine 2 after Trine 1 boring me. Eets Munchies and FTL don't interest me, so I have no reason to get this bundle.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
Wow, this bundle is absolutely amazing value. I've been gormlessly recommending Mark of the Ninja to everyone who'll listen and the hours logged on FTL is huge.

If you don't own any of the games in this bundle, you're a silly bugger for note spending the required four dollars on 'em. Huge value to be had here.

Robeltu

Sep 19, 2012
MinionJoe said:
How is Brutal Legend considered "indie"? EA have their dick all up in it. http://www.ea.com/brutal-legend
Yes, but Double Fine bought the publishing rights off EA and they are an indie company. They self published it on PC and thus is considered indie.

And Double Fine is the best :D

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
This is the first humble bundle where I can say that In own a majority of the games. I don't care about getting fez or Eets and I own everything else.
If it came with the mark of ninja dlc I might have bought it but for now I will just keep an eye out to see whats games they add.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
This is actually one of the better ones. Of not however since I didn't see it in the article this HiB is different in its pricing structure from all other ones. Now if you want to get the second week unlocks you have to BTA, whereas before as long as you bought before the second set of games were released you got them automatically.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that eets is a beta and not the game? While I can look at it as adding a beta onto a good bundle, I really don't like the concept that humble will think betas are a good option for filling up bundles. Or is it going to upgrade to the full game when it comes out of beta? I can't find any information pertaining to this so it seems doubtful.

Other than that its a good list of games(brutal legend aside due to my own personal hate for that game and its circumstances).

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
It's odd that it feels like the indie bundles are already starting to repeat themselves. A lot of these were featured in the last few indie bundles and have had tons of sales. I thought the Bundle was supposed to highlight and package for cheap games that people wouldn't normally consider. HB, please don't fall pray to the tunnel vision that so many other game providers/services do.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Robeltu said:
MinionJoe said:
Yes, but Double Fine bought the publishing rights off EA and they are an indie company. They self published it on PC and thus is considered indie.

And Double Fine is the best :D
This ^. Double Fine put a lot of $ into personally buying back every IP they've ever published. The game WAS owned and published by EA, but they will no longer see any profits from the brand. Schafer technically has the first 'AA Indie Studio' of which we are seeing more and more. I expect to see even more of these pop up with the next gen indie boom.