Humble Bundle Offers Civilization-Focused Sid Meier Collection

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Humble Bundle Offers Civilization-Focused Sid Meier Collection

The Humble Sid Meier Bundle includes three Civilization games, two expansion packs, and some additional classics for good measure.

It's a testament to Civilization's gameplay that each entry in the series can be enjoyed years after their initial release dates. Many have their favorites among the sequels and expansions; I'm personally split between Civ II and V, while some friends swear up and down that Civ IV was the best of the series. If you can't decide where to start, clearly the answer is to pick up several games at once, something that the Humble Sid Meier Bundle will help you with for the next two weeks.

The latest Humble Bundle includes Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete, Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, and Civilization V for paying above the average. You can even get the Gods and Kings and Brave New World expansions with a $15 payment, putting you well on your way to collecting the entire Civ V package. There's no sign of my beloved Civilization II, but that's still an impressive set that will keep you busy for many, many turns.

If you're not a fan of society-building gameplay, perhaps one of the other Sid Meier titles will draw you attention. Sid Meier's Ace Patrol, Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, and Railroads! round off the bundle, and it's possible more will be added before the deal ends. Basically, if those <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131024-Good-Old-Reviews-Sid-Meiers-Alpha-Centauri>Sid Meier games we showcased <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131230-Good-Old-Reviews-Sid-Meiers-Colonization>last month couldn't <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131451-Good-Old-Reviews-Sid-Meiers-Covert-Action>satisfy your <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131628-Good-Old-Reviews-Pirates-Gold>old-school strategy craving, you'll probably find something here that will.

Source: Humble Bundle

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
You know I said I'd stop buying every humble bundle they released no matter how tempting. But since I've lost my copy of Civ III and never played Civ IV: Colonization I guess it's going to have to be just...one...more...purchase :p

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
These things sure do manage to make me feel like a sucker every time I buy something the normal way. Civ 5 + DLC was expensive. Oh well, at least I've not got 4 and 3.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
I kept hoping they would put Brave New World on (better) sale. I didn't really want to go up to $15 but with the other stuff there I guess it's worth it. At least it's not $30.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Nabbed!

Thanks for the top tip, been after Civ V for ages, and for the bargin price of £12 I got em all!

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Is Civ II proving too much of an arse to port to 64-bit Win 7 or something? GOG and Steam still don't have it either.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Oooh, I can get the expansions for Civilization 5 at a 75% discount, very nice. And several other games to go with it and even give away the Civilization 5 code.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Risingblade said:
The only thing I want is brave new world, blah should have bought it when it was on sale :/
It's 15 bucks, that's still 50% off the going price right now if that's the only thing you need. And you can always trade the codes for the other games...I think you can do that anyway...

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
otakon17 said:
Risingblade said:
The only thing I want is brave new world, blah should have bought it when it was on sale :/
It's 15 bucks, that's still 50% off the going price right now if that's the only thing you need. And you can always trade the codes for the other games...I think you can do that anyway...
That's assuming they haven't tied it all in a bundle though. No one I know likes civi anyways so those codes would go to waste.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Risingblade said:
otakon17 said:
Risingblade said:
That's assuming they haven't tied it all in a bundle though. No one I know likes civi anyways so those codes would go to waste.
It is, however if you want the expansion and plan on getting them anyway you might as well get it. It's still far cheaper than buying it otherwise.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
civ 4 was my most played non-MMO game with over 400 hours of gametime. It is awesome game.
I never tried colonization so its definatelly tempting. Im still debating whether to get the 15 dollar pack for the expansion, but i feel its really worth it considering how consistently good civilization series have been.

ah, who needs money, time to buy it.

Risingblade said:
I just bought the full package. the keys are all individual. Out of 6 humblebundles i bought only 1 had all keys tied together.

otakon17 said:
It is, however if you want the expansion and plan on getting them anyway you might as well get it. It's still far cheaper than buying it otherwise.
no, it isnt. you have individual key/redemption.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I got it last night.
I've been wanting to play civ for ages.
Even though I never understood a thing about them. Well, time to learn, I guess.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I played the living bejeezus out of Civilization II gold when I was a kid.

Came back to the series for Civ IV, but I could never get into it as much. It felt like the game was moving 10x faster than Civ II, while the "slowly creeping forward" feel was what I liked best. Not sure if I just missed a few settings though.

Perhaps I'll check out this bundle.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Fdzzaigl said:
I played the living bejeezus out of Civilization II gold when I was a kid.

Came back to the series for Civ IV, but I could never get into it as much. It felt like the game was moving 10x faster than Civ II, while the "slowly creeping forward" feel was what I liked best. Not sure if I just missed a few settings though.

Perhaps I'll check out this bundle.
if you got the latest patch or any of the expansions you can set it on "marathon" speed and get that slow creeping forward feel back.