Humble Bundle Offers Image Comics Collection - Update

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Humble Bundle Offers Image Comics Collection - Update

Update: Humble Bundle and Image Comics has added three additional volumes to the DRM-free collection. The Humble Image Comics Bundle now includes the first volumes of the dark alternate history The Manhattan Projects and conflicted teen superhero Invincible, as well as volume two of the Hugo-award-winning Saga.

Original Story:

Pay-what-you-want for digital volumes of nine titles from Image Comics, including Saga, The Walking Dead, Lazarus, and East of West.

The Humble Bundle is adding digital comics to its DRM-free shelf. Announced today, the Humble Image Comics Bundle offers nine Image Comics titles. Pay anything to get the first volumes of East of West, Lazarus, Morning Glories, and Fatale. Pay over the average to get the first volumes of Revival, Chew, and the Hugo-award-winning Saga. Toss in more than $15, and you get two volumes of The Walking Dead. You'll receive the first volume, which launched the book's popularity, and the latest volume, volume twenty. The comic books are DRM-free, and come in several formats, including CBR, CBZ, PDF, and ePub. The Humble Image Comics Bundle ends Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11 am PST.

Each digital comics volume collects several individual issues of each title. The Eisner-nominated East of West explores a world where the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have come. Lazarus, nominated for the 2014 Eisner Award for Best New Series, explores a dystopian future where powerful corporate families defend themselves with a powerful Lazarus. Morning Glories finds students at a prep school trapped with something sinister, and Fatale mixes American crime noir with Lovecraftian horror. Revival is a murder mystery in the midst of the dead suddenly returning to life in rural Wisconsin, while Chew follows a detective with the ability to gain psychic impressions from whatever he eats. Zombie apocalypse series The Walking Dead is the inspiration for the television and adventure game series of the same name.

Like all Humble Bundles, sales from this bundle are split between the creators, charity, and the Humble tip. The charity proceeds for the Humble Image Comics Bundle go to the digital comics [http://cbldf.org/] DRM-free through its online storefront.

Source: Humble Bundle [https://www.humblebundle.com/]

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
So kinda interested in this, though the only comic on there I've read before would be Walking Dead. Anyone read the other comics, gimme a heads up about whats good, whats bad and whats meh? Would be much appreciated.

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
Chew is one of the most entertaining image comics out there right now. Ditto for Saga, it's certainly worth making sure you get these 2 in the bundle. Both contain highly original stories with distinctive individual artwork. Image are really riding high right now with some of these titles.

Morning Glories and Revival have their moments, although the former is starting to feel a bit like lost in high school. East of west is one I've been thinking about trying, only heard good things.

Defo seems like a bundle that's worth checking out.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Isalan said:
So kinda interested in this, though the only comic on there I've read before would be Walking Dead. Anyone read the other comics, gimme a heads up about whats good, whats bad and whats meh? Would be much appreciated.
Lazarus and East of West are definitelywortht a look

East of west has gorgeous art

Willstown said:
Morning Glories and Revival have their moments, although the former is starting to feel a bit like lost in high school. East of west is one I've been thinking about trying, only heard good things.
well thats pretty much what it is isn't it?

[sub/]and I like Revival....[/sub]

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Fatale is one of my favourite comics out right now. It strikes that perfect balance between Noir and Lovecraft. As a fan of both, it pleases me greatly. Plus, it's by Brubaker and Philips, possibly one of the best pairings in comics at the moment.

Have been looking to try Saga, Morning Glories and East of West, so I shall definitely be picking this up.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I found Lazarus, Saga, and Chew to all be very entertaining. Word of warning on Saga though, extremely sexually explicit and I'm not just talking about those two small gay images that people were in a huff about either. All kinds of nudity and sex. Very interesting universe though.

Of the list, Chew is my absolute favorite. Lazarus was very interesting and has a lot of promise but I've only read the first volume so far.

As for Morning Glories and Fatale. I was somewhat bored. I could see this being the opposite depending on your tastes. Had trouble getting past Fatale's art style. I prefer clean/neat lines.

Walking Dead is, as ever, worth it. Haven't read anything I didn't touch on.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
MarlaDesat said:
Pay-what-you-want for digital volumes of nine titles from Image Comics, including Saga, The Walking Dead, Lazarus, and East of West.
Go ahead and call me nitpicky, but it's only pay what you want for 4 of the titles. Saga, Revival, and Chew all require that you donate above the average, and Walking Dead requires a preset minimum donation. Also, it isn't nine titles, it's nine issues from 8 titles. ;P

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Isalan said:
Saga is really, really great. Extremely explicit content, but great. That alone kind of inspired me to spring for the bundle since my friends got my interest piqued.