Humble Weekly Sale Goes Adventuring With Daedalic

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Weekly Sale Goes Adventuring With Daedalic

The latest Humble Weekly Sale is a big pile of Daedalic adventures including Edna and Harvey, Deponia and something brand new.

If you dig point-and-click adventures, then you'll dig this week's Humble Weekly Sale. It's a collection of games by German developer and publisher Daedalic Entertainment, the biggest name in the adventure biz these days, and there's some very good stuff inside.

For a minimum of $1, you get The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet, The Chronicles of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Whispered World, A New Beginning: Final Cut and Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes. Pay $6 or more and you'll also pick up Deponia, The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Journey of a Roach, the new release from Daedalic that just came out on November 4.

All the games come with soundtracks, and the bundle also includes the full-length documentary An Inconvenient Game as well as a digital art book. All games in the bundle are available as DRM-free downloads and everything but the Chronicles of Shakespeare titles may also be had on Steam.

Harvey's New Eyes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9864-Deponia-Review] and Chains of Satinav are each worth the price of admission on their own, and Journey of a Roach looks pretty solid too. The rest are a roll of the dice (although I've heard good things about The Whispered World) but you really can't go wrong for six bucks, especially since you can divide your payment up as you see fit between Daedalic, the Humble guys and two very worthy charities, the American Red Cross and Child's Play.

The Daedalic Entertainment Humble Weekly Sale is live now and runs until November 14.

Source: Humble Weekly Sale [https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly]

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Personally, i am more interested in the Humble Bundle, Arkham Asylum, City and scribblenauts for 4.63 is damn tempting.

These deals are gonna make me broke one day.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Damn, I was hoping they would have more of the Deponia games instead of just the one. It's still a good deal all around, but I was hoping to pick up the series in a single bundle. Though I've heard good things about the Dark Eye too. hmmmm...

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
dragongit said:
Damn, I was hoping they would have more of the Deponia games instead of just the one. It's still a good deal all around, but I was hoping to pick up the series in a single bundle. Though I've heard good things about the Dark Eye too. hmmmm...
Deponia is good, but the sequels fall a bit short. Chains of Satinav goes the other way - it's good but the sequel, Memoria, is much more interesting. That's the one I'd be more interested in playing sequentially, tbh.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Two excellent deals (weekly and the main bundle). I'm going to be out some more money it seems.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
I still wonder why these articles keep showing up. They are WEEKLY bundles, we don't need a reminder that Humble Bundle exists. anybody who is interested has them bookmarked or newslisted by now. I'm starting to wonder if Humble Bundle pays gaming sites to write articles as advertising.

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
deathzero021 said:
I still wonder why these articles keep showing up. They are WEEKLY bundles, we don't need a reminder that Humble Bundle exists. anybody who is interested has them bookmarked or newslisted by now. I'm starting to wonder if Humble Bundle pays gaming sites to write articles as advertising.
I haven't got it bookmarked - and I'm sure as hell interested in them. But even if I did bookmark them, I wouldn't always remember to check. They're excellent deals AND for charity for pete's sake -_-'

So the answer is, the articles show up because the author thinks we should know about them AND plenty of people view them.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Mromson said:
So the answer is, the articles show up because the author thinks we should know about them AND plenty of people view them.
I'm not sure that many people actually view them, but I write up bundles whenever I see one that strikes me as a particularly good deal or has particularly interesting games. It's pretty much completely arbitrary. :)

(And in my defense, it's relatively rare that I write about a Humble Weekly Sale. But this one was too good to ignore.)

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
!

I pretty much purchased the GOG $5 bundle just for The Whispered World, (not that great btw) and now it's on here. bah! Ah well, I've heard some decent things about Edna & Harvey. I was always dubious about Deponia too, as the main character seems like a rather unfunny Guybrush Threepwood clone. At least now I can find out.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Bug MuIdoon said:
!

I pretty much purchased the GOG $5 bundle just for The Whispered World, (not that great btw) and now it's on here. bah! Ah well, I've heard some decent things about Edna & Harvey. I was always dubious about Deponia too, as the main character seems like a rather unfunny Guybrush Threepwood clone. At least now I can find out.
I just finished the game (picked it up last year from some bundle) and I have to say he pretty much is. Plus also more of a dick than Guy by a lot. The puzzles were decent but not great and same with the story.