Humorous banned words

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
For anyone who has been to a few forums, or basically anything you can post on the internet you have probably encountered banned words that you weren't allowed to use. Some of them are funny and others are just a mystery why it is banned.

On gamefaqs earlier I posted a topic "So, I'm 12 hours into the game". It wouldn't take it because I said "I'm 12".

The other one in recent memory was naming a class on Black Ops. The class was using the famas so I named it famas. Sadly famas is apparently profanity.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I abused my Moderator power on a forum once.

I censored "The" and replaced it with "kittens".

Needless to say, confusion ensued and I soon lost my moderator priveleges.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I remember a while ago, willy was banned on a movie review site, it was hilarious because it was on the review for Free Willy.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
In Runescape, do NOT proceed a period with any sort of word that contains a web domain thing like .ca . You will be laughed at for breaking the swear filter that's turn-off-able.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Necromancer Jim said:

I envy you.

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
I was once banned from a forum for putting the forum administrator's username in a post.

First ever "infraction", permanent ban.

I didn't say anything insulting in any way, I was actually trying to be fair and defend him against some of the criticism in the thread.

The guy was an utter douchenozzle. The forum died a while back, I'm guessing people got fed up with him.

EDIT:
Necromancer Jim said:

I don't understand, what was kittens point of that?

EDIT: My sense of humour utterly sucks.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Our school banned a web page about the Eiffel Tower because 'it was erected in 1889'

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I'm pretty sure George Carlin covered the majority. Aside from those seven, I doubt anyone really cares enough.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I... I have never encountered such a thing... Even those George Carlin covered have been free to use everywhere I've been.

But then, the internet was born in my early adulthood.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Our school technician made it so keywords where blacked out on web pages. This included all the usual, like fuck, shit, sex, y'know. We knew what they where, because if you highlighted them, you could see what it was hiding.

All was gravy until we found that 'comic-sans' was also filtered. Lol

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Necromancer Jim said:

that is kittens best thing i have ever heard.

and if you want stupid censorship, kittensn play Runescape. if part of a word is a swear, it gets censored. kittensn you get confusion.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
For some reason, one of my dead usernames, Aerocon, was blocked by Runescape sensors. WhatisthisIdonteven ensued whenever someone addressed me (and then to get around it, most people shortened it to 'con', which was also blocked).

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:

That statement is made even better by your avatar.

Oh, and I agree with the whole Runescape censor malarky. I lost count of the amount of times I saw some poor soul type out a long message in chat, only for it to become a mass of asterisks interspersed with a few letters as the censor went crazy and wiped out a load of perceived curse words.

docSpitfire

Jun 13, 2011
When CBS implemented the swear filter on their forums there were a few most notable Pregnant and cowgirl

which was funny because 3 actresses all got pregnant and so a lot of hilarity ensued.
(AJ Cook from Criminal Minds, Emily Proctor from CSI Miami, and Alyson Hannigan from How I Met Your Mother)

However those forums were god awful and continually got worse and worse until several of us migrated to a new forum at one of those free forum hosting sites... I'm the admin now so as a joke I've added pregnant to the chat filter... however you can turn off my chat filter. (CBS's was turned on no matter what)

KingHodor

Aug 30, 2011
There is a perfectly harmless German 4-letter-word that translates to "thick", "fat" or "big" in English. Unfortunately, its spelling is identical to that of an English slang term for the male genital or an undesirable person, so it very often falls victim to auto-censorship systems.

I won't spell it out here, but you'll probably be able to guess it after watching the following German TV ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfpJnqXCUY8

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In monster hunter tri, the word "behind" is banned, it just doesn't show up in text, which makes for some confusing tactics when you cant tell anyone to "get behind the monster to cut off its tail"

Apparently "behind" is German slang for something and that is why its banned.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Round my friends house on his Xbox 360 it wouldn't let me set my clan tag as PS3, it was a banned phrase, on my PS3 it let me set my tag as XBOX and X360, I find it amusing to put the wrong one into whichever one I'm playing.

One of my friends from college told me that when he was in school if they were typing up an Analysis their computer got locked for typing the word anal.

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Worgen said:
In monster hunter tri, the word "behind" is banned, it just doesn't show up in text, which makes for some confusing tactics when you cant tell anyone to "get behind the monster to cut off its tail"

Apparently "behind" is German slang for something and that is why its banned.
And here I thought "behind" meant someone's ass or rear end, but what do I know?