Hunter Biden CBS interview sees him admit the laptop could be his but blames Russian hackers

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden is opening up in his first TV interviews since his father took office. In separate interviews with "CBS Sunday Morning" and "CBS This Morning," he answered questions about a Department of Justice investigation, whether a computer reportedly containing confidential information was his, his battle with substance abuse, his new memoir and more.

Biden described an emotional intervention his family staged at his father's home in Wilmington during the 2020 presidential campaign. After a tense confrontation, Biden stormed out of the house, only to be chased down the driveway by the future president.

"I tried to go to my car, and my girls literally blocked the door to my car, and said: 'Dad, Dad, please. You can't. No, no.' This was the hardest part of the book to write," he recalled.

For the interview on "CBS Sunday Morning" he told Tracy Smith he didn't know if it was his laptop but that it could have been.

"There could be a laptop out there that was stolen from me. It could be that I was hacked. It could be that it was the — that it was Russian intelligence."
So the laptop and leaked photos seem like they were real but somehow the Russians were the ones supposedly behind it?

Should that cause some concern that somehow Russian Agents were so easily able to get into Biden's company and steal a laptop he used for personal use?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So the laptop and leaked photos seem like they were real but somehow the Russians were the ones supposedly behind it?
Yeah... that's not at all what he said.

"There could be a laptop out there that was stolen from me." - a laptop (which is categorically different from the laptop you're talking about) might or might not have been stolen from him at some point in time
"It could be that I was hacked." - it could also be that he (not it as in the laptop) was hacked
"It could be that it was the - that it was Russian intelligence." - the entire scenario could be made up by Russian Intel

Considering the only actual proof we've seen that 1. the laptop event exists, 2. it contains confidential info or compromising info, 3. Hunter Biden is the owner of the laptop, and 4. Hunter Biden knew the info from point two was on it and/or put it there is nothing but hearsay from the usual right-wing grifters, this is still a nothingburger.

What's next from the greatest hits album? Got some Benghazi updates? Or maybe more buttery males?

The fact that even Tucker 'doesn't state actual facts'[1] Carlson has dropped this bovine excrement should be a hint that maybe you should too.

[1] Could also use 'non-literal commentary' or 'crude and hyperbolic manner' here. Thanks Fox legal team! https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/9177...s-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeah... that's not at all what he said.

"There could be a laptop out there that was stolen from me." - a laptop (which is categorically different from the laptop you're talking about) might or might not have been stolen from him at some point in time
"It could be that I was hacked." - it could also be that he (not it as in the laptop) was hacked
"It could be that it was the - that it was Russian intelligence." - the entire scenario could be made up by Russian Intel

Considering the only actual proof we've seen that 1. the laptop event exists, 2. it contains confidential info or compromising info, 3. Hunter Biden is the owner of the laptop, and 4. Hunter Biden knew the info from point two was on it and/or put it there is nothing but hearsay from the usual right-wing grifters, this is still a nothingburger.

What's next from the greatest hits album? Got some Benghazi updates? Or maybe more buttery males?

The fact that even Tucker 'doesn't state actual facts'[1] Carlson has dropped this bovine excrement should be a hint that maybe you should too.

[1] Could also use 'non-literal commentary' or 'crude and hyperbolic manner' here. Thanks Fox legal team! https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/9177...s-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye
oh right so he's totally not talking about the laptop that was alledgedly dropped off at a repair shop, the one that people would actually be interested in hearing about.

So somehow he lost 2 of his laptops with private info on?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Oh, the content of the laptop was absolutely authentic, not a doubt in my mind.

The real controversy is why the hell Hunter Biden is doing interviews. It makes me uncomfortable that he's that dumb.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Fuckin' hilarious.

This kind of mentality is what makes arguing with Trumpets fuckin' pointless. Just let them live in their own litter fantasy world.
Well Biden admitted in the interview he had done drugs and the laptop could have been his..............

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
All I remember from the laptop is that Hunter has a huge dick. Truly America’s son.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Fuckin' hilarious.

This kind of mentality is what makes arguing with Trumpets fuckin' pointless. Just let them live in their own litter fantasy world.
So information comes out that people have Hunter Biden's emails, messages, etc. Neither he nor anyone related to him disputes the authenticity of the emails. The content from the supposed laptop contains pictures and videos of Hunter Biden, also to my knowledge are undisputedly real. The laptop they supposedly came from is in the possession of the FBI, who are acting under the assumption that it is Hunter Biden's laptop. When asked in an interview if the laptop could be his, Hunter Biden not only says that it could actually be his laptop, which would mean the content is authentic, he offers alternative explanations for how someone might have gotten their hands on his actual computer's content. He does not dispute that the content found on the laptop is real.

And you think it's a fantasy world that I don't dwell on the possibility that someone fabricated the laptop with fake content that's fooled the FBI, and that Hunter Biden knows it's fake but chooses to suggest on television that it could be his real files, stolen or hacked from him.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Should that cause some concern that somehow Russian Agents were so easily able to get into Biden's company and steal a laptop he used for personal use?
Didn't a blind computer repairmen steal Hunters laptop?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
All this "could have" is legalese, he doesn't wanna say anything definitive to avoid being called a liar, so he is using sneaky wording to be able to claim he never said what he is clearly saying later on.

But yeah the random russians thing is so pathological at this point. Why couldn't it be just republicans or dirty CIA agents working under trump or something, why did it need to be russians? That their reflex is to blame russians is just bizarre.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
But yeah the random russians thing is so pathological at this point. Why couldn't it be just republicans or dirty CIA agents working under trump or something, why did it need to be russians? That their reflex is to blame russians is just bizarre.
Not entirely bizarre since Russia is an openly hostile entity that Trump has always been very openly chummy with. And a lot of Trump's policies like estranging America from Europe do benefit Russia more than anyone else.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
All this "could have" is legalese, he doesn't wanna say anything definitive to avoid being called a liar, so he is using sneaky wording to be able to claim he never said what he is clearly saying later on.

Did you hear that, after Jan 6, Hillary talked about how Trump was on the phone to Russia coordinating the riot?

Yes, the Dems have taken the Russia thing way too far sometimes with no evidence

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Did you hear that, after Jan 6, Hillary talked about how Trump was on the phone to Russia coordinating the riot?

Yes, the Dems have taken the Russia thing way too far sometimes with no evidence
I wouldn't even put that on the Dems as a group, that's just Hillary Clinton. According to her, Russia was running Trump, Tulsi Gabbord, Jill Stein... essentially every candidate that wasn't named Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not entirely bizarre since Russia is an openly hostile entity that Trump has always been very openly chummy with. And a lot of Trump's policies like estranging America from Europe do benefit Russia more than anyone else.
Well the funny thing is the claim constantly repeated has been that the Russians have leverage over Trump in the form of some scandalous photos or videos.

So it's more hilarious to see Hunter blame Russians because we don't know all the content of the laptop only some leaked online. So Hunter is admitting the Russians now have compromising info on him and potentially his father too?

So for all the push to replace Trump cause he's a Russian asset or some stuff now Hunter Biden is admitting basically that he and also Joe Biden could easily be influenced by the Russians with dirt they according to him himself now potentially have?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
What was important about the laptop? What does this implicate him in?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
What was important about the laptop? What does this implicate him in?
Well it's the laptop her used for dealing with the company he was working with where it's alleged Biden pulled some strings in the country it's based in to get them to stop looking into the company and his sons indiscretions.

What was shown:

Photos of Hunter in bed with prostitutes smoking crack.

What else is alleged to be on the laptop:

More photos many of which are more sensitive than the ones shown and some described out downright illegal.

Private correspondence between Hunter and his family including Joe Biden and Jill Biden

Private correspondence between Hunter and the company he was working for at the time.

A range of documents relating to corporate contracts and workings of the company Hunter worked for.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What is new in this neverending saga of Hunter Biden's laptop?

Why, Tucker Carlson, he who always looks confused as if hearing the English language for the first time, has done a scandalous exposé, showing Biden jr on a bed having a threesome with two prostitutes. There's also a dog there. And a Squirtle.
There's also a gif out there, showing everything in its horrid lewdly animated glory. Obviously nsfw

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
What is new in this neverending saga of Hunter Biden's laptop?

Why, Tucker Carlson, he who always looks confused as if hearing the English language for the first time, has done a scandalous exposé, showing Biden jr on a bed having a threesome with two prostitutes. There's also a dog there. And a Squirtle.
There's also a gif out there, showing everything in its horrid lewdly animated glory. Obviously nsfw
Oh no! An adult having consensual sexual relations with other adults! The horror!