Hyrule Warriors Review - Triforce, Trifurious

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Hyrule Warriors Review - Triforce, Trifurious

A beautiful blend of button mashing madness and Zelda-flavored silliness.

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I was just listening through the old Podtoid episodes. Man, this game must have been a dream come true for you, Jim! :D

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Games like this are making me seriously question whether I want to get a Wii U or PS4 this Christmas.

Maybe I'll compromise and get an Xbone. That's how compromises work, right?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
#IStandWithGanondorf!

Anyway, good to here that this is great from one of the few people I agree with when it comes to this style of game. :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This review doesn't surprise me in the least XD

Next Friday can't get here sooner!

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
A wonderful review, a nice treat to actually read a review from someone who enjoys Musou gameplay (there does seem to be a tendency to have those who do not enjoy or are neutral on Musou games review them), and I shall be eagerly obtaining my copy this Friday.

It is a shame that series representation primarily focuses on just three Zelda games (Tingle was my most wanted playable character of all), but still, it'll be great to go through the Musou gameplay, tearing down hoards of enemies as Fi and Darunia.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I haven't played a warriors game since DW4 and SW2, and sure as hell don't enjoy Zelda games (tried WW and OOT but was bored half way through), but I'm certainly hyped for this game so much I preordered it two months back!! That blue haired girl and Impa, Midna sure look super fun to use!! Can't wait to play it!!

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
I would get a Wii U for this and Bayonetta 2... if I had any faith in Bayonetta 2 being as amazing as the first one. We'll see.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fappy said:

Agreed. Luckily I preordered so I just have to go and pick it up. Plus I get the Skyward Sword DLC with it, which looks hilarious because Skyward Sword's Zelda had such a passive personality in the game, and seems like the last person I'd see destroying a horde of enemies. XD

MrSir231

Oct 24, 2013
Eh... At the end of the day it's still a Dynasty Warriors game to me, and I only pick those up when they're cheap and i'm really bored.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Neronium said:
Fappy said:

Agreed. Luckily I preordered so I just have to go and pick it up. Plus I get the Skyward Sword DLC with it, which looks hilarious because Skyward Sword's Zelda had such a passive personality in the game, and seems like the last person I'd see destroying a horde of enemies. XD
I pre-ordered from Best Buy as well just so I could have that specific Zelda costume!

Would have preferred Gamestop since there is one way closer to my house, but it'll be totes worth.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
So, how long until the accusations of bias come around? How long until "you only gave this game a good review because you like dynasty warriors" or something like that?

OT: I haven't played a Warriors game in a long time, so this sounds like a perfect one to pick up. Going to register on Club Nintendo and stomp fools as OoT Ganondorf.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
I expected a review like this after seeing Jim's reaction to its announcement. I may not have played a Dynasty Warriors game yet but if this game proves fun enough I may start checking the actually series out.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
The complaint about facing enemy generals (heroes?) sounds like it will really annoy me really quickly. Facing enemy generals in Samurai/Dynasty Warriors games was already my least favorite thing to do, especially when they were so hilariously broken. There was one mission in Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper where I kept losing over and over and over again because I'd get caught by the end generals Musou move and go from a full health bar to dead on medium difficulty. Wasn't even underleveled either. I wanted to tear my hair out.

I'll still pick it up, but I hope it isn't as obnoxious as it sounds.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Caiphus said:
Games like this are making me seriously question whether I want to get a Wii U or PS4 this Christmas.

Maybe I'll compromise and get an Xbone. That's how compromises work, right?
"Hmm...do I want sweet or do I want savory? I know! I'll go teabag an angry pitbull instead!"

OT: I've always loved the Warriors series of games. I've tolerated Zelda. This? This is gonna be a lot of fun.

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
So, how long until the accusations of bias come around? How long until "you only gave this game a good review because you like dynasty warriors" or something like that?

OT: I haven't played a Warriors game in a long time, so this sounds like a perfect one to pick up. Going to register on Club Nintendo and stomp fools as OoT Ganondorf.
I think this review proves Jim is being the bias against his own bias to pander to those outraged gamergaters. We all know he really wanted to give the game a 6 million out of 5 but he changed his score to not upset them.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Fappy said:

Said the same thing myself when I saw who was reviewing. HOWEVER! It seems fair enough.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
shintakie10 said:
The complaint about facing enemy generals (heroes?) sounds like it will really annoy me really quickly. Facing enemy generals in Samurai/Dynasty Warriors games was already my least favorite thing to do, especially when they were so hilariously broken. There was one mission in Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper where I kept losing over and over and over again because I'd get caught by the end generals Musou move and go from a full health bar to dead on medium difficulty. Wasn't even underleveled either. I wanted to tear my hair out.

I'll still pick it up, but I hope it isn't as obnoxious as it sounds.
Well, my experience with Dynasty Warriors comes entirely from the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series, (I have no interest in the Chinese epic the other series tend to be based on) and in those I didn't find enemy pilots to be particularly hard or cheap or anything because most every mobile suit has at least 1 combo attack designed specifically for killing them and it doesn't take long to figure out how to best counter them. I don't know about the rest of the series.

As for this review... I was excited about Hyrule Warriors up until reading it because I've looking for another Dynasty Warriors game that is outside the Chinese stuff, but I'm a bit leery about about the game after what this review reveals. I mean, I already don't like that they only have 13 playable characters, the story mode doesn't seem like something that would last long, and the adventure and challenge modes sound like they'd get tedious and samey after awhile.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
With Bayonetta 2 just a month away and this review, the day when I get a Wii U needs to come sooner (come on time, keep ticking forward).

I'm going to guess that other TLoZ games will come as DLC or something.