Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh, I got a new one.

I'm 40 and I never got a speeding ticket.
Lead foot here; I've had a LOT of speeding tickets. I tend to see speed limits more as suggestions than rules. But, I'm a great driver; never had an accident despite most anyone who's ever been in my passenger seat claiming I tried to kill them.

My "favorite" ticket was back in '99. I had just left the theater after seeing The Matrix; I was hopped up on adrenaline, it was about 1 am and the highway was empty, so I floored it. Got her up to almost 120 mph before I passed another car... a COP car. I started pulling over before his lights ever came on. Turned out to be probably the most amicable interaction I've ever had with a cop; he was actually laughing when he approached my window saying "I guess you know why I pulled you over?" He ended up just giving me the simple "+15 mph over the limit" ticket instead of the much more severe "reckless endangerment" citation he would have been well within his rights to.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Lead foot here; I've had a LOT of speeding tickets. I tend to see speed limits more as suggestions than rules. But, I'm a great driver; never had an accident despite most anyone who's ever been in my passenger seat claiming I tried to kill them.

My "favorite" ticket was back in '99. I had just left the theater after seeing The Matrix; I was hopped up on adrenaline, it was about 1 am and the highway was empty, so I floored it. Got her up to almost 120 mph before I passed another car... a COP car. I started pulling over before his lights ever came on. Turned out to be probably the most amicable interaction I've ever had with a cop; he was actually laughing when he approached my window saying "I guess you know why I pulled you over?" He ended up just giving me the simple "+15 mph over the limit" ticket instead of the much more severe "reckless endangerment" citation he would have been well within his rights to.
I get a speeding ticket every couple years or so. I just thank the officer for doing their job, accept the ticket and pay it off ASAP, because I was speeding and they had me dead to rights. Part of it being that I've sped so many times without getting caught(especially times I damn well should have been and somehow I was never pulled over) and even gotten verbal warnings instead of tickets a time or two, I chalk it up to "Well, the universe caught up to my driving. I'll own it". It doesn't make any real sense, really, because I know that's not how such things actually work.

Never been in an accident worse then a light fender bender(both from others or myself).

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I get a speeding ticket every couple years or so. I just thank the officer for doing their job, accept the ticket and pay it off ASAP, because I was speeding and they had me dead to rights. Part of it being that I've sped so many times without getting caught(especially times I damn well should have been and somehow I was never pulled over) and even gotten verbal warnings instead of tickets a time or two, I chalk it up to "Well, the universe caught up to my driving. I'll own it". It doesn't make any real sense, really, because I know that's not how such things actually work.

Never been in an accident worse then a light fender bender(both from others or myself).
That's my sentiment as well; I know I speed, so any time they catch me, it's once in the hundreds of times I've done it and will do it again. Fortunately, I live in Texas and they have deferred adjudication; you can pay the fine, but you can opt into a 3-month probationary period during which, if you can avoid another moving violation, the points don't hit your driving record. Despite my having paid probably 8-10 tickets in the 11 years I've lived here, I have a perfectly clean driving record!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm in my early twenties and I still can't fold my sleeves. Which sucks for someone who lives in a tropical country, long sleeved shirts are hella hot. Always end up having my mom do them for me, which is as embarrassing as it sounds. I've watched videos on how to do it and all, but I just can't manage.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm 31 and still do the "30 days hath September" rhyme in my head just to remember how many days a month.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Almost 40 and I don't know how to ride a bike or ice skate. I have excuses, but weak ones.