I am getting married next Saturday

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Would it be in bad taste to have the band play Rains of Castimire during the reception?

Maybe a little stabbing.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
Well, they say there's nothing quite like a woman in red, an practically everyone has a white wedding. Go for it, scare the crap out of your more geeky guests; but it would be wise the get permission from your spouse to be.

Edit: Of course, these days everyone watches game of thrones, so it wouldn't just be the geeks you'd freak a little.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Socius said:
Well, they say there's nothing quite like a woman in red, an practically everyone has a white wedding. Go for it, scare the crap out of your more geeky guests; but it would be wise the get permission from your spouse to be.

Edit: Of course, these days everyone watches game of thrones, so it wouldn't just be the geeks you'd freak a little.
I already asked her, she is down.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
bdcjacko said:
Socius said:

Then I say do it, and post (if any) hilarious results.

Kontar

Jan 18, 2008
bdcjacko said:
Socius said:

You almost have an obligation to do it now.

You should try to video it too in case there are some hilarious reactions. I know I would personally freak out and get the hell outta the church/building the wedding is in.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Apparently an associate of mine was at a wedding last week where the song was played twice.

And the groom's last name was "Frey".

So I'd say go for it.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Socius said:

I assume the instrumental version?

Even better if you have an actual string band doing the wedding...

Just because nobody has dumped it here yet. Even though we've all heard it.

It was a great surprise appearance in the episode where Jaime goes back for Briene, too.