I am so sick of entitlement

Nov 19, 2009
three for me

1) Truth
2) random; srsly fucking ppl use it in the worse case
3) ironic; the fucking irony is that ppl are using the word ironic for wrong applications!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Lilani said:
Also, "I could care less." No, it's you COULDN'T care less. If you COULD care less, that means you still care.
I agree that most people say 'I could care less' use it to signify that they 'Couldn't care less' however it does carry a certain sting if you mean it the way you say it: Sure, there are things I could care less about but [insert thing] still doesn't rank high on my care list, or alternatively list the things that you could care less about.

OT: I hate X because of X's fans.

Applicable to any celebrity, movie, game, comic, anime, ect. It makes little to no sense to do so, especially if you've never tried X before.

EDIT:

some1stolemyusername said:
3) ironic; the fucking irony is that ppl are using the word ironic for wrong applications!

sorry, had to do it.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
Begs the question. That's one that bothers me the most. It doesn't mean "to raise a question," it's a logical fallacy in which a statement proves itself!

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

I just don't like that word, it doesn't make sense to me.

A phobia is a fear, so "homophobic" would mean a fear of gays.
And it's funny cause Heterophobia isnt a word! Come on I've seen people down right terrified of straight people!
It depends on who you talk to I guess. Heterophobia is a word used quite a bit in the gay community where I am. Some gays segregate themselves out of a fear of homophobia and its just the exact opposite. It's heterophobia. Although I do concede gays have more of a right to fear since you don't see much violent 'straight-bashing' going on anywhere. You don't hear about anyone being beaten and left to die for being straight.

OT: Really? No one has mentioned 'like' yet?
The only two ways that word is acceptable are if you are expressing interest in something (as in 'I like ice cream') or you are using it in a simile (as in 'that cloud looks/is like a big pillow').
It grates on me that people pepper speech with it SO much. So as you can imagine I am annoyed while talking to others A LOT.

TheMoatMonster

Dec 15, 2008
Not caring about the difference between "your" and "you're". I don't mind people who simply aren't AWARE that they're different, but the people who act like it doesn't matter really irritate me.

InterAirplay said:
"douche" or "douchebag" coming from the mouth of a british person.

Shut the fuck up. Stop it, now.
Yes, thank you! I agree completely! Same goes for ass, and other silly Americanisms. An ass is a donkey and a butt is something that collects rainwater.

I better stop before I enter some kind of silly uptight rant about the English language.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Completely agree, I was gonna post that you shouldn't use entitlement because there is a complete fucking difference between entitlement and not wanting a developer to purposely cut parts of a game because you couldn't afford it new.

Not paying as much? You know what i'm paying with? Time. That's the currency poor people use when they want to get something that they can't afford, we pay with time. Everyone else has spoiled the ending, played it, etc. We wait and then buy it used when the interest has died down.

What part of wanting what we buy after we wait all that time, to be complete is entitlement? I'd love to know. /rant

I really wanted to post that earlier but I was angrier than I was now and it would have gotten me yet another warning and this is relevant.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Following the aftermath of all the riots over here in the UK I am getting incredibly sick of the phrase 'knee-jerk reaction'
Seriously can't go 5 minutes without hearing it and its starting to make my skin crawl.

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
Flamezdudes said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

How does that not make sense to you? Homophobics hate and fear homosexuals.
I have met plenty of stupid people that hate homosexuals, but never have I met anyone that fears them, and honestly I find the thought rather absurd.

Hides His Eyes

Jul 26, 2011
Pandalink said:
Hydro14 said:
'Decimate'

Apologies to anyone who was trying to get in before this one cropped up. So often misused and it actually makes me flinch.
Just curious, but in what contexts is that word misused?
I've pretty much always seen it used correctly.
Strictly speaking it means to kill one in ten of a population, I think. That's why it's DECimation. But people just use it to mean fuck something up.

I think for some of these things you have to accept that meanings change over time, that's how languages develop. Like decimate, as an example: do we have any need for a word meaning to kill one tenth of a population today?

But I still get pissed off by many such things. Irony is the biggest, for me. Also, "who" and "whom". I have no problem with people saying "who" when they mean "whom", as it's kind of obscure and I don't remember being taught it in school. It's when they do it the other way around that gets to me, because it makes them seem like total wankers trying to show off how smart they are, which would be bad enough but they're obviously NOT smart. I want to ***** slap anyone who says "whom" when they mean "who".

blaqknoise

Feb 27, 2010
4173 said:
blaqknoise said:
Flamezdudes said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

How does that not make sense to you? Homophobics hate and fear homosexuals.
Hate, yes, but not fear.
In a non-clinical setting, phobia frequently encompasses terms like dislike, or aversion.

And really, outside "buttsex is icky," I think most arguments boil down to afraid of being around/being hit on, afraid of children being converted or afraid of being converted themselves.

Or I suppose, fear of hellfire and damnation, either for self or others.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

They don't react to seeing gay people like someone who is afraid of spiders would react to seeing a spider, though. That's sort of how I'm thinking about it.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
J03bot said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

Technically it means fear of the same.
Ahhh, I see what you did there... or did you?

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
TheMoatMonster said:
Not caring about the difference between "your" and "you're". I don't mind people who simply aren't AWARE that they're different, but the people who act like it doesn't matter really irritate me.

InterAirplay said:
"douche" or "douchebag" coming from the mouth of a british person.

Shut the fuck up. Stop it, now.
Yes, thank you! I agree completely! Same goes for ass, and other silly Americanisms. An ass is a donkey and a butt is something that collects rainwater.

I better stop before I enter some kind of silly uptight rant about the English language.
I hate hearing Americans use silly Briticisms, its not an Action Man turd-burglar its a G.I. Joe! and don't get me started on rhyming slang, If I hear an American using rhyming slang I feel like I'm about to be accosted by a bridge troll. Are you going to rhyme me a riddle? Do I get three guesses? Can I cross if I guess correctly? I'm sure you see what I mean.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
One word i'm sick of is bro. Neil Patrick Harris is the only person in the world who I can hear say that word without feeling extreme rage.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
viranimus said:
Seriously, I am. If I never hear that word for the rest of my days on this planet it will be too soon. I dont know If I am aware of another word so highly overused and misused. Another one is Nuclear. Having heard its pronuciation butchered so often by so many people it grinds my teeth to hear it anymore.

Think we all have words that grate on our nerves like this, So the question is, what words are you tired of /hate hearing?
One of my friends is a nuclear chemistry PhD student and he pronounces it "nucular". I facepalmed so hard...

Entropyutd

Apr 12, 2010
viranimus said:
Seriously, I am. If I never hear that word for the rest of my days on this planet it will be too soon. I dont know If I am aware of another word so highly overused and misused. Another one is Nuclear. Having heard its pronuciation butchered so often by so many people it grinds my teeth to hear it anymore.

Think we all have words that grate on our nerves like this, So the question is, what words are you tired of /hate hearing?
Entitled is pertinent in the accurate description of many of the gaming community, Which is why as a member of that community you are going to hear/see it a lot.

One thing that really pisses me off is the usage of "Then" when people mean "Than"
I am still not sure wether this is deliberate, or ignorance.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
"The N Word"

Not the word ****** but the phrase "the n word". It is just for people to afraid to actually say the word, a cant do much harm.

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
"I could care less".
So it does matter to you slightly then?
"No"
So you couldn't care less, because you do not care at all?
"What?"