I am so sick of entitlement

whtkid6969

Jul 11, 2010
I've been getting quite sick of hering 'like a boss'. I mean there have been situations where were doing something like playing Brawl, and I beat someone and someone else says 'Like a boss!!'. It's becoming iritaiting as heck.

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
I don't have a problem with the NooKyooler/NewClear difference. Why? Because I understand exactly what a person means regardless of the pronunciation. It's when people say or type things incorrectly such that I don't understand (or have to assume) what they are saying that I get annoyed.

My personal pet peeve is "literally" when someone means "figuratively." As in: "When I heard that, I was so surprised I literally crapped my pants." WHO WOULD ADMIT THAT??? Of course you meant figuratively, right? Please, please let that have been a figurative reaction, not a literal one. People use literal as a kind of hyperbole, but when it comes out like that I can't help but laugh out loud and nobody understands why.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Zoomy said:
People who express how little they care about something with "I could care less". No, you fools, it's couldn't.
This.

The amount of times i've seen someone say "I could care less" and someone else say "so you do care then" and the first person stuttering because he/she doesn't know where they fucked up the first time.

Also any abbreviation of please. Plox, plix, plz or plx ..... in fact the whole "text" or "leet" or whatever the hell type of chat they want to call it.

If people can't be bothered to type out a sentence properly then I can't be bothered to answer them.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Smithburg said:
geK0 said:
It drives me insane when people use the word "ew" out of context!!

"ew I know him!"
"what? do you not like him?"
"he's one of my best friends, why wouldn't I like him?"

I think they're saying it like "Oooh"
bad example maybe,there's also:
"ew I dont like shopping"
"ew that guy has a lot of money"
ew that will take too long"

Maybe people just say that a lot in the highschool I went to = \

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
I read this and thought people would be talking about being sick of people acting entitled. I had a great comment and everything... *sigh*

OT: I personally am sick of hearing BAMF everywhere. I don't know how widely it is used elsewhere, but in my town and among my friends I hear that almost literally every time I go somewhere.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Hydro14 said:
'Decimate'

Apologies to anyone who was trying to get in before this one cropped up. So often misused and it actually makes me flinch.
What does actually mean? I always assumed it was something along the lines of destroy/divide up.

'Random' tends to grate with me a bit. As does 'fam' and 'lol' when people actually say it out loud.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
Probably people in real life go "innit", though that's fairly amusing and not rage enducing.
I think that's a British thing.

OT: probably "hater".

ExplosiveTiger

Jul 4, 2011
People saying internet terms in the real world. For example, I made a joke to an aquaintance and he said "LOL." You seriously couldn't have just laughed, giggled, silent laughed, anything else?

Also, "rape" I'm seriously sick of it.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
God, don't remind me, I was enjoying going back to school and seeing my friends. Living in Texas, I'm surprised the dictionary doesn't just say "nuculer" and call it a day. Same with "libary", which gets on my nerves worse than you would imagine.

Geekeric

Sep 8, 2010
The one I'm tired of hearing is "El Shaddai". It seems everywhere you look these days you see those words, sometimes followed by the words "Ascension of the Metatron". The idiotic hype is enough to make me go nucular.

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
the only one I care about is "pronunciation" because the only situation in which it's mispronounced is someone talking about someone else mispronouncing

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
lol, doesn't reflect laughing at all, when I see it I can't help but think that the person isn't really laughing, but is just programmed to type it in with EVERY sentence.

I can already see someone replying to this with lol. Please don't

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Eggbert said:
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had excellent writing," is ironic, and I won't explain why.
Don't want to be a twat, but isn't saying one thing when you clearly mean something else sarcasm? (Not a rhetorical question)

On Topic: I think I'm rather too self-conscious about my own speech mannerisms to not feel a hypocrite about getting annoyed when somebody else has their own set.
In their own way mannerisms (god, that word sounds awful in plural) are a good thing: they provide a tested-and-true method of delivery at times when you can't or won't spend five minutes phrasing your next sentence or description.

Some people, however, seem to need five minutes to phrase very, very simple things.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
'Troll.' That noun has been tortured over the course of a few years because of the internet. I don't even understand what people think it means anymore.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
'noob' and it's iterations annoys me although it has become quite scarce these days.

I'm sick of text style short forms. 'teh', 'u' and the dozens of others just bug me.