I can do this, I just don't know if I want to take the chance...

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
i've gleaned a few things trying to decipher your problem.

1) You are panicky. Stop that. Panicky is no way to enter a relationship. Calm down. Take deep breaths. Relax.

B) This girl sounds weird. I mean, who doesn't like compliments? Maybe she doesn't like compliments from you? Or maybe she's into being abused in which case you should be a dick to her and tell her she looks like crap.

III)You think she would say yes even though she might not say yes? Your logic makes me feel panicky. If she's dating another guy, I'm pretty sure that she will say no unless you actually want to be in that "friend zone" because that's where she'll have to put you if you start hanging out and stuff.

4)You act like she's the last girl on earth just because she's different. Hell, I dated a "different" girl once. She nearly strangled me to death because she "loved me so much". I wish I was kidding because that crap is traumatic. Being different doesn't make a girl special. It's not the differences you should be thinking about, its the similarities you and her have.

Final word: Don't want her. From your description, there is disaster written all over this scenario, the kind of disaster that leaves you more miserable after than you were before. If I were you, I'd skip this girl in favor of someone more close to home. Someone who likes most of the things I do but has a mind of her own. Someone who likes adventure but also enjoys the comfort of home. Someone who hates night clubs but loves bars...

I'm sorry. I was projecting. Anyway, forget that girl.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
If you weren't trying to get into a relationship with this girl, would you still want to talk to her? If the answer is no, you need to rethink your priorities.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
OMG, I just had an epiphany. I now understand why I'm so emotionally withdrawn from social relationships. This is so I don't have to deal with emotional stuff like the OP.

OT: If you want it, the only person stopping it is yourself. Stop listening to yourself and just do it (no pun intended). Also, if she's different, try something different to get her attention. No point trying the same things.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Find another girl who:
1: Isn't with someone else
and 2: Doesn't sound as much like some sort of crazy witch.

There are other fish in the sea that won't eat you.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
From what I've seen, you're meant to try for more natural, genuine-sounding compliments. Someone a person might actually remark in passing simply because they notice it. I have, at times, been complimented that "That scarf looks good on you", or "Your hair actually looks really nice." Don't try to make the compliment seem important or "sincere", just say it like it has no strings attached. People like being complimented in simple ways.

That said, it may unfortunately be too late once a bad first impression is made. Also, you should know that despite my numerous attempts to be nice to girls, they have all fell flat and I have no one.

To those saying "What do you have to lose?" I should know from experience, there is a lot to lose. You lose self-confidence, your personality may get weaker, and worst you may lose self-esteem, especially if it happens more than once. Don't be so disingenuous as to simplify it.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Be yourself. Go talk to her. Don't say cheesy things like "you're the most beautiful girl in the world". At least at some unique charm to the sweet nothings.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
Adopt a movie personality then quote that movie mercilessly. That'll woo her without giving her compliments.

Rockdrake

Aug 27, 2008
Ok first GET A BAG! After you do that you take a dump in the bag and then put the bag on her front porch or in front of the apartment door. Make sure you light the bag on fire and she'll stomp it out proving that she loves you because she'll put up with any shit you would give her.

OR

I guess you could do all the other gay stuff in this thread aswell...

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Be yourself, take a deep breath, go up to her and ask her out to coffee. If she says yes, there you go. If she says no, the begin plotting to get rid of her boyfriend. Non-lethally of course.