I can see clearly now MWII is gone!

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Doktor Merkwurdigliebe said:
I WILL play MW2, but without paying for it, if you know what I mean.

Now, talking about this fine beauty, yes, I can't wait to play it on the multiplayer.
Hear Hear!

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
I'll be playing Bad Company 2 because I chose the original over Cod4:MW anyway, so the plot to CoD4:MW2 won't make sense to me anyway.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Looks great, but I hope every level isn't in the Snow. Might get a bit boring if it's just the same environment.
It's not. What is in the video is ONE map. BF maps are very large.

I've played the desert/dock type level (the one shown with the tanker grounded and the small village nearby), and it's far, far, FAR superior to BC1. It feels like a proper BF game with all the physics and gameplay improvements.

MW2 has nothing on BC2.

Lt. Vinciti said:
I played the demo of BF:Bad Company and was not impressed since it takes like 4-5 seconds to stab myself in the chest to heal and all the walls were swiss cheese in like 5 seconds while I tried to get cover.
BF:BC2 is a vastly different animal to BF:BC.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
PLay them Both and then decide.
But from what i've seen (and heard) MW2 will not live up to the hype.
But what ever does?

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
Char-Nobyl said:
Caliostro said:
Wasder said:
You mean anyone that wants their money's worth on the PC.
The consoles are still being ripped off their money, it's just harder for you guys to notice anymore.
So we're stupid now? Please, just say it.
The only reason I ever buy stuff on the PC is the stuff like dedicated servers and mods.

The ONLY REASON.

It's far easier, less hassle, less costly and overall, more convenient with a console.

I'd rather have a console for xYears with a ton of games, than have to upgrade my PC to get the best graphic/gameplay/physics performance every yMonths, as well as the cost of the games. So I compromise, get some games on PC, and only upgrade like, every two years, all the other games get to be played on my TV, with my 360.

It's better budgeting.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I am, there's a reason Bad Company 2 has like twice the pre-orders MW2 has on PS3. Because right now PS3 owners have better games to play than MW2, and Bad Company isn't made by overpricing assholes who re-skin the shit out of their unbalanced games.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I'm one of those rare weirdos who is primarily interested in the single player campaign, and am thinking Christmas Gift. I also enjoy CoD games. I suspect I will probably get MWII. But the fact that IW are being a bit prickish makes me at least feel kind of bad about that fact. I fully acknowledge my hypocrisy here, but still wish great success and good fortune to those speaking their mind with their wallets, by going to Bad Company.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Battlefield is a different kind of shooter. It's more vehicle and tactics based, whereas the CoD series is a very twitch type of shooter.

Also, all this Modern Warfare boycott business is funny. It'll still be more popular than Christianity and will sell more copies than an automatic blowjob machine.
False, no way an automatic blowjob machine would be outsold!

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
This game looks truly amazing. I loved BF2 on the PC, spent many, many hours of fun online :D
I'll definitely be buying this game, but only for the MP. SP on BF games isnt really necessary, nothing can compare to the awesome of online play.

I will be getting MW2 at some point, but I'm gonna bide my time and see how the whole "no dedicated servers" thing pans out.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ace of Spades said:
That's what happens to PC gamers. They always get screwed. Turning my back on the PC was the best decision I've ever made.
With the MASSIVE exceptions of Mirror's Edge, any RTS, half the FPSs, and Civilization, obviously.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Ironic said:
Char-Nobyl said:
Caliostro said:
Wasder said:
The consoles are still being ripped off their money, it's just harder for you guys to notice anymore.
So we're stupid now? Please, just say it.
The only reason I ever buy stuff on the PC is the stuff like dedicated servers and mods.

The ONLY REASON.

It's far easier, less hassle, less costly and overall, more convenient with a console.

I'd rather have a console for xYears with a ton of games, than have to upgrade my PC to get the best graphic/gameplay/physics performance every yMonths, as well as the cost of the games. So I compromise, get some games on PC, and only upgrade like, every two years, all the other games get to be played on my TV, with my 360.

It's better budgeting.
If you're upgrading your computer every month, you're either doing it ALL wrong, or you have electronic OCD. Ive gone years without an upgrade and never had a problem playing games on my PC with performance equal to or better then a similar console. There is a balancing act of Pros and Cons between all the platforms, in all areas. Your examples of the strengths of consoles are what I would say are the strengths of PC. Well, okay, except easier part, popping a disc into a tray and it being guaranteed to work without hassle is very easy, and an enviable quality. But everything else, for me personally, is a chalk mark for the PC. That's why I lean towards the PC. I think that the general rule is that people choose there platform of choice for a reason, and whatever they lean towards, that is probably the best for them in terms of price, value, simplicity, entertainment, etc. IW is failing to properly cultivate their PC base by specifically undermining the strengths of the PC platform. And it will make a dent in there wallet, and hopefully that dent will make them create a better product for all consumers. Sometimes, things like this arn't some insidious undermining of an entire industry, they are simply the sometimes rocky process in which things slowly get better.

hansari

May 31, 2009
miracleofsound said:
I noticed that too... the gun seems very far to the right or something, it's a little disorienting.

Still looks like good fun though.
Yeah, but it returns to the center when you aim down the sight...

philzibit

May 25, 2009
yeah...i'm still gonna buy MW2, and it's still gonna be years of fun, just like the first MW

Aug 17, 2009
Modern Warfare lost me when it started being branded as the greatest thing since sliced bread, while making homophobic cracks and being nothing more than a competent FPS that's been blown WAY out of proportion. Sort of like how I hated Halo-mania (but I actually do like Halo).

I also loved the story from Bad Company 1, so I probably will pick Bad Company 2 up.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Bad Company is a better game but requires a little more tactics than most shooter because of it's extremely large enviorments, which is why it gets less attnetion.

Not enough foru year olds runnig around with the M16

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Wasder said:
wow you are a IDIOT, they said it would be for 360 and the ps3, jesus, if I wouldn't get suspended I would call you a dumb piece of shit.