I can see clearly now MWII is gone!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
After the recent wave of monumental failure [http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180393] after monumental failure [http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11/pc-modern-warfare-2-its-much-worse-than-you-thought.ars] (not to mention the spike up in pricing) I think anyone with half a functional brain that wants their money's worth has long since abandoned the purchase of this crap.

That said, a lot of people who did so started looking at replacements for their previous warfare-based shooter of preference. I did too. And then I stumbled across this beauty.

Be still my beating heart... This looks bigger and better than MWII ever did. I never took a good look at Battlefield games simply because... I didn't. No reason, I was just "busy" with other warfare shooters.

Thus I'm ever so glad IW decided to shoot themselves repeatedly in both feet with a shotgun, since it made me discover this.

I feel like I'm back in high school. Was enamored over a girl that wasn't that big a deal, but I had such a crush on her I couldn't look at any other. Then she became a complete *****, I saw her for what she was, and with that I discovered a much prettier and smarter girl who had been looking at me all along.

In short, anyone else kicking MWII to the curb in favor of Bad Company 2?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be being both eventually. Seeing as I don't have LIVE the changes to the 360 version won't affect me. I missed out on the first Bad Company but played the demo often. BC 2 looks pretty good.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I wasn't even that interested in MWII to begin with, but BC2 has peaked my interest now. I'll probably pick it up, if my economy allows it.

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
To be honest, I quite likes BF:BC on xbox but something that really gets me is the perspective. There's something just wrong about the way you see your gun and how the visuals look at the prehipheral. Thus I prefer other shooters when playing for long stretches.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Wasder said:
You mean anyone that wants their money's worth on the PC.
Being screwed out of your money isn't just pc based, i'm being asked to fork over £55 if i want to buy this which i increasingly don't, according to a conversion website thats $91. lame.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
If this is for PC, and I have the money for it, I might just buy it. It looks awesome :D
While CoD in general have always looks rather... bland IMO.

Jun 11, 2008
Well I am so getting this game until they fix COD MW2 because they have fucked it up so so badly this game looks amazing compared to CODMW2 after they have done.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Looks great, but I hope every level isn't in the Snow. Might get a bit boring if it's just the same environment.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
For me, it's the single player game that makes CoD so great. The first Bad Company had a terrible single-player experience - here's hoping they fix that.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Looks great, but I hope every level isn't in the Snow. Might get a bit boring if it's just the same environment.
They aren't.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Wasder said:
You mean anyone that wants their money's worth on the PC.
The consoles are still being ripped off their money, it's just harder for you guys to notice anymore.

Jaqen Hghar said:
If this is for PC, and I have the money for it, I might just buy it. It looks awesome :D
It is for PS3, Xbox360 and the PC. Unlike IW, however, DICE has reassured it's fanbase that they will not forsake them [http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/10/26/dedicated-to-our-pc-players.aspx##].

Totally a buy for me.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
D_987 said:
orangebandguy said:
They aren't.

Well I guess I'm buying the game then. I should have looked it up myself really but thanks anyways.

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
No matter how many whiney posters try to persuade me otherwise, I will buy MW2.
See, I think there's a good chance that the developers of the game knows more about building the multiplayer parts, than any random interweb whinger.

So, I'll run with it, see where it takes me:)

Also, I do have a fully functioning brain, thankyouverymuch you condescending twerp...

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
Just saw some MP footage and it looks really good. Theres a PS3 MP beta so i'll check that out when released. Theres plenty of time between MW2 and this for me to enjoy both.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
That's what happens to PC gamers. They always get screwed. Turning my back on the PC was the best decision I've ever made.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Saul B said:
To be honest, I quite likes BF:BC on xbox but something that really gets me is the perspective. There's something just wrong about the way you see your gun and how the visuals look at the prehipheral. Thus I prefer other shooters when playing for long stretches.
I noticed that too... the gun seems very far to the right or something, it's a little disorienting.

Still looks like good fun though.

jigs160

Oct 18, 2009
? DLC will be a charged item for PC
? No dedicated servers
? Matchmaking system used to play with similarly ranked players
? VAC instead of PB
? Semi-capable password servers
? Semi-capable ad-hoc servers
? Competitive play is dead
? MW2 mods would not be possible (not directly stated/confirmed)
? Full integration into Steam-I dont like steam that much especial mine got hacked 2 times already
9v9 only

i cried a little...