I.... can't bring myself to play evil?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wait... what does everyone think what category Nazi fall into? I definitely see them as the epitome of Lawful Good or White mana in MtG (especially sacrificing one for the benefit of the rest). They do everything that will (in your or your groups' eyes) benefit society. They didn't mass murder for the enjoyment (generally). They did it because they thought it would benefit the world. History deems them as evil. Being evil is more about being selfish, like stealing, killing or raping for your pleasure, any slavery including low payment exploitation or banks giving out stupidly high risk loans that crushes the economy for a few extra bucks (or the people who set up that system and are still raking in the money because congress is yet to tighten laws).

I found Batman Origins compelling in this regard, as he is lawful good too. Not matter how many people a bad guy has or will kill, Batman will always save them. His "good" code is totally different from the Nazi but they follow it without question and always with the other person in mind. I found this to total break my immersion in the game, as I knew he was going to kill again. One life to save the many imo.

I role-play as a person who will do whatever it takes to get what he/she wants. If I play nice some people will give me extra rewards while other will give me more for being nasty. I generally am not nasty in Bioware/ Bethesda games as it blocks many rewards. Casaer Legion could have been a viable option for me if there were any rewards. I remember telling the Quarians and the Geth that they were idiots and they should have done more to stop a war up to the point of retaining rewards. I will always steal anything that doesn't have a consequence. I will also pick Anders in DA2 as I see freedom being important to me. I am probably best defined as chaotic good.

edgecult

May 4, 2011
I prefer to a subtle kind of evil mainly because trying to roleplay Luca Blight is something my brain can't work out..

but I see your issue. I could never play evil in fable because well.. why would I? There's no fun in getting booed at in town as you go by.

Couldn't do it in kotor or mass effect at least not fully anyway... (There's a few moments where that renegade interrupt just isn't resistible...) Hell the only times I even work to dark is because I'm playing chaotic or lawful (ToR fluxing jedi knight doesn't like living by the code but Imp agent is job comes first and the empire's will is absolute.) rather than good or evil.

And the big thing in my games is I can't no matter how much we differ or what they've done to me in game can I bring myself to hurt the people who go into battle with me. The people I call my friends, no matter how "evil" I try to be in games. Big Z will never have choke out mission.. Wrex will always live to see his people restored... Whisper will always leave the arena with the prize... The Ashes of andraste are never defiled.. Not because my character gives any two ways about her but because their friends do. Can never knowingly hurt my friends in games reguardless of good or evil -shrug-