I can't sign in to YouTube on my PS4.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
For some reason, it has me signed out, even though I've always had it checked to keep me singed in. It say my email and phone number is unrecognized. I test this out on my laptop and phone, and I can log in just fine. Any ideas on what the hell is going on?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never mind. I had to sign in through my phone to work on PS4. I still don't know why I could not do it on the console itself.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Why would you even want to use youtube on your playstation?

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Because I like seeing my favorite content on a screen bigger than my laptop.
I would really recommend buying a $30 chrome cast. Works better than using your PS4 for things like youtube and netflix. Personally though, watching youtube on anything other than a PC is completely not worth the effort because of certain things you can do on a PC that you can't do on a playstation.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I would really recommend buying a $30 chrome cast. Works better than using your PS4 for things like youtube and netflix. Personally though, watching youtube on anything other than a PC is completely not worth the effort because of certain things you can do on a PC that you can't do on a playstation.
I appreciate the advice, but I don't need anything special. It helps me relax at times, and I enjoy it. Thank you, though. I will do you a solid, keep that idea in mind. Sounds like a great alternative.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I appreciate the advice, but I don't need anything special. It helps me relax at times, and I enjoy it. Thank you, though. I will do you a solid, keep that idea in mind. Sounds like a great alternative.
If you have a smart TV then you might be able to just cast to it without having to buy anything. You can do it straight from your phone or laptop chrome browser.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you have a smart TV then you might be able to just cast to it without having to buy anything. You can do it straight from your phone or laptop chrome browser.
I don't have a Smart TV, but I will keep that for record keeping.

Reactions: Worgen

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I don't have a Smart TV, but I will keep that for record keeping.
Yeah, I loaned my dad my PS4 for like a year when I wasn't using it because he needed something to stream netflix, hulu, and youtube from and doesn't have a smart TV. I needed my playstation back so I bought him one of the new chrome casts (I was considering getting him an Nvidia shield but figured he wouldn't use most of the features). He likes the chrome cast better than the playstation. The UI is better for video streaming and it's snappier. 100% recommend if you have an extra HDMI port in your TV that's unused.