I Can't Stop Playing Blood of the Werewolf

Encaen

May 6, 2005

After a hard day?s work, a few hours of classic platforming is just what the doctor ordered.

Read Full Article

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Fun fact! If you're interested in getting Blood of the Werewolf right now it's currently available from http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-bundle/ on the cheap. $3.50 for it and a bunch of other games, which is a pretty good deal since it's $9.99 on Steam right now.

Sellon88

Sep 15, 2013
it's nice this game get's attention. A good game as well as having a strong female lead in this day in age is refreshing to say the least.

Ganrao

May 23, 2013
I had actually taken this off my wishlist after seeing some mixed reviews... but I'm going to put my faith in Escapist personalities that are not Jim, Yahtzee, or MovieBob for once and see how it pans out. During the xmas sale of course...

NKRevan

Apr 13, 2011
If you like Platformers, give Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams a try. Admit, I worked on it a bit myself, so it's a bit of a plug, but I genuinely think it's pretty good albeit, apparently horribly challenging and sometimes frustrating. >.>

http://www.gog.com/game/giana_sisters_twisted_dreams

Gonna give Blood of the Werewolf a try, too methinks. Looks fun. :)

red ant

May 18, 2009
I like a challenge as much as the next person and as long as it is easier than IWBTG it should be cakewalk, though it is anything near IWBTB it will be quite a pain. It looks easier than the rest and the reviews are mostly decent except some people really do not like it. Already finished Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Contra quite a while back so I might just pick it up for the trading cards a few hours of fun.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Encaen said:

After a hard day?s work, a few hours of classic platforming is just what the doctor ordered.

Read Full Article
I would love to see your take on Megaman X6, if you love checkpoints.

X4 had a great balance of difficulty vs checkpoints, but X6 blew it all out of the water. There were checkpoints all over the place and extra lives were easy to come by, but the number of utter bullshit deaths was just unbelievable.

I still remember one level with a lift sequence, full of enemies and spikey platforms, which allowed me to farm 99 lives but never actually finish the sequence. Or maybe I did eventually finish, but by then I was just so bored.

My point is, you seem to love the horrendously-difficult-but-checkpoint-loaded situation, and I happen to know how much is too much for my tastes. So if you were able to give a comparison that would be very useful for me.