I Choose to Blow Dudes

Spence Thompson

Jan 20, 2012
I resent the idea that homosexuality is some condition that is the ultimate result of some less-than-ideal condition in the womb or the environment or my genes or the function of my brain, or whatever. What if I just choose to suck cock? What if I just like dick better than pussy? What if, in an absurd expression of the very kind of macho anti-feminism endemic to video game culture, I just prefer to get off with guys rather than ladies?

I mean, it's not as if my sexual history with women is nil. And it's not as if there aren't things about it I don't appreciate. But I dunno, being queer as fuck is just tons more fun. Can you blame me? Have you been to a drag show, recently? Hilarious. And attractive men tend to be not near as inaccessible as attractive women. The odds are simply more favorable. As often as I'm approached by an attractive woman at these clubs (as they've started flocking here to avoid the straight guys, anyway) I might already have been approached by three men who are just as if not more attractive, and more sexually versatile. Maybe that makes me a "******," and I'm sure a lot of people are just going to say "Dude but you're bisexual that's just science!!" but I'm being practical here. If the inevitable conclusion of this preference is that I'm likely going to find a guy and want to settle down with him, or run a business with him, or live with him, or do any of the things casual partners who might become serious lovers do, why should I be denied any those legal rights simply because I preferred not to do it with any attractive lady?

Many people are for these rights, but they seem to be so only because a heterosexual relationship simply isn't manageable because of my genes, or the function of my brain, or my mother's diet while I was in the womb, or whatever. These same people will decry conversion camps, but these very camps are encouraged by the line of reasoning that homosexuality is a condition arising from some to-be-discovered factors. Thinking of homosexuality as a condition, and not something a reasonable, rational, adult person might choose to engage in, is the mindset that encourages people to "cure" and to "fix."

The religious right argue that homosexuality is a "choice," and when public opinion was strongest against homosexuality it was certainly beneficial to point discover and highlight some of the possible origins for same-sex sexual attraction. Biology certainly does have a significant effect on anyone's taste for anything- but it can't and shouldn't be used to explain every single possible instance of same-sex sexual expression, which certainly goes well beyond and public and avowed homosexuals such as myself. Shouldn't we just accept that gay sex is just, itself, great? Not for everybody, certainly. Wouldn't give cashews to someone with a peanut allergy. But in general, among whoever's doing it, gay sex is pretty awesome. And ought not be culturally discouraged or legally discriminated against in any way.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I dunno. Fellatio seems like a lot of work. It's cool that you like it and everything, but I'm going to have to give it a pass.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Spence Thompson said:
What if I just like dick better than pussy? ... I just prefer to get off with guys rather than ladies?
There you go. Innate. You didn't choose it.
Sure, there may be people on the bisexual spectrum who choose to stick to only one gender for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean their sexuality isn't a biological thing. All it has to do with is how they treat it.
As far as I can tell from your post; all you're choosing to do is to be honest to yourself about your sexual orientation.

You find men attractive. I assume you didn't say to yourself at some point in your life "You know what? I'm going to start seeing men as sexually attractive now." (Note that this is not the same as finally understanding that you are attracted to men and being honest with yourself.)

Whether it's caused by biology or social conditions, sexuality isn't something you choose.
If I could choose to be attracted to guys, I don't think I'd be trying to get with ladies right now. If it just wasn't for those sweet curves. And those supple, bouncy, wonderful things.
Women make my dick go hard, men don't. I didn't choose this.

The fact that other people are only attracted to one sex may be hard to understand for a bisexual like yourself, but that doesn't mean you should try to make people categorize sexuality based on your experiences with it.

Let me put it like this: If you think to yourself "Maybe I should try sucking a cock. Maybe I'll like it. Who knows?", you're probably already at least bisexual.
Plain hetero and plain homo sexualities are interesting like that: You know whether you like the thing without having to have tried it.
If you're able to choose socking cock for your own enjoyment; you're already gay. All you've chosen is to act on it.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Of course its a condition. You dont one day get out of bed and say "You know what? Im going to start liking giving blowjobs today!" That happens very rarely. For most people, its not a choice. They can choose not to act out their fantasy, but they cant choose to not be turned on by something or turned off by something else.
This. It doesn't have to mean that it's a problem to be treated or cured, but homosexuality or any other sexual preference isn't something you can change a will, at-least not to a large degree. From a purely biological perspective, banging someone of the same gender won't help your reproductive chances, so it can be seen as a condition. We choose not to treat it in our modern society because it isn't harmful to anyone and all methods to change sexuality are very crude and largely don't work.

I personally would not find gay sex to be "pretty awesome" if I partook it, because I'm don't swing that way. That doesn't mean that it's morally wrong any more than eating cooked mushrooms is morally wrong because I dislike the taste.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That's fine, but you don't have to shove it down my throat... Uh wait, that came out wrong.

However, from your second paragraph it does somewhat sound like you're choosing to be gay because it's "tons more fun" :p

[sub]I choose to blow balloons.[/sub]

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
I'm one of those "religious" people you mentioned and I don't give a damn what you do in your personal life. I don't think there is a cure because I don't think there is a problem.

I prefer ketchup on my hamburgers and I don't like mustard.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Your preaching to the choir slightly here, this ain't the Westboro baptist church, and while what you say is entirely true, coming across as excessively defensive about your position is going to alienate more people than you persuade with your arguments. Imagine if black people held marches in every single city every single day, yes there are injustices and things to be fought for, but separating yourself as a group that much is going to cause you more problems than your solving.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I hardly think this (mostly liberal) forum really needs to hear this. I mean, we're all for you doing whatever you want (hell, I'm sure a large proportion of people on here are bi), we're not the Pope. We don't really care, and neither should we.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
God I love this thread title. Anyway I think many homosexuals (strictly speaking of males here) are weird because many of them engage in and like anal. Now I realize gay men are not the only ones who play the back-9, but honestly giving or receiving... I just... poop comes out of there!

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well good for you.

And of course the whole debate on whether a homosexual preference originate in choice/genetics is irrelevant for any sensible human (...apart from a few genetic scientists), as there is nothing wrong with a homosexual preference in the first place, and hence no need to justify it.

So yeah, do whatever you want (that doesn't infringe on somebody else's freedom), and don't waste time speculating on the exact specifics of why you want it; Time spent that way won't contribute to obtaining it.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
That's nice OP. The other evil feline around here, who was here before me, would find much to agree with in your post. I believe it boils down to "I am gay, but I choose to act on it" or some such.

Fappy said:
God I love this thread title. Anyway I think many homosexuals (strictly speaking of males here) are weird because many of them engage in and like anal. Now I realize gay men are not the only ones who play the back-9, but honestly giving or receiving... I just... poop comes out of there!
But do they EAT DA POOPOO?

No I'm not going to embed that, even if it is hilarious.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
evilneko said:
That's nice OP. The other evil feline around here, who was here before me, would find much to agree with in your post. I believe it boils down to "I am gay, but I choose to act on it" or some such.

Fappy said:
But do they EAT DA POOPOO?

No I'm not going to embed that, even if it is hilarious.
Remind me to look up whatever it is you are talking about after work o_O

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Being a straight male that goes to Gay bars with my gay friends (what don't judge me, I get on with gay guys and girls, that and it helps that I look fabulous thanks to their fashion and hair styling tips) they are fantastic places, great fun with a really relaxed atmosphere.

The only time I've seen trouble in a gay club was when two guys were wearing the same shirt (I'm being serious by the way, I'm pretty sure it was a Dulce & Gabanna Summer collection shirt).

A thing I've noticed is that if you go to a straight bar with Karaoke then you'll get a fat sweaty bald guy in stone wash jeans murdering "Mustang Sally", if you go to a gay bar for Karaoke, you'll get a cute girl singing a Kelly Clarkson song at perfect pitch...

Kelly Clarkson is mustard, she's hot even when chilled baby!

Having to dance to Cher sometimes kinda puts a downer on proceedings though.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
So um, Fox News type of title eh? You could go with something a little more subtle than a cry for attention for a title.
Yeah, pretty much this. This came off as more of a whine than a kickstart to a discussion.

Even so, I don't encourage homosexuality or like the idea of it, but I don't believe it makes you any less of a person.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Of course its a condition. You dont one day get out of bed and say "You know what? Im going to start liking giving blowjobs today!"
YOU DON'T!?

...this explains so much...

RussetRanger

Jan 31, 2010
Hey man, it's your choice. Be gay to be gay, whoever has a problem with it should just back off. They have no bearing on your life or your sexuality, and if you are gay every little thing about you =/= influence from who you prefer.

I say, way to go.