I Choose to Blow Dudes

Tragedy's Rebellion

Feb 21, 2010
LetalisK said:
Tragedy said:
Didn't Freud prove...
No. No, Freud didn't prove anything. Especially not in the scientific sense.
Yeah, I know he had... questionable methods and morals, but extensive study has been done on this particular issue and he was... well, not proven, but found out to be on the right track.

Dec 14, 2009
Torrasque said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Hmm....perhaps we're coming off a bit too harsh with all the "Big deal/Good for you/Who cares" stuff? No? Just me? Okay then.
You can never be too harsh in these kinds of scenarios.

'Special snowflakes' need to be crushed before they get any more ideas that they're somehow unique.

[HEADING=1]Crush 'em all! Scorched earth response![/HEADING]
I just lol'd in the middle of class and got a dirty look from my prof.
How dare you, you should be ashamed sir.
Shame is for the weak.

Hulk Daystar crush puny humans!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Uhhhhhh, just what kind of discussion value does this really have? o_O
I agree with ya for what ya said, but like... really? Why is this here?

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
I've always been a bit confused as to whether I'm bi or not. On the one hand, I find some guys attractive. I have a specific type that I normally find attractive, as well as some exceptions. On the other hand, anal sex sounds awful (it's where poop lives! Poop!) and so does oral sex. I don't want someone's mouth on my junk, and I don't want to put my mouth on someone else's junk. Mostly because mouths are full of saliva and and such, and are rather gross. I also imagine I wouldn't like making out, either. I guess like nude cuddling or something would be okay? I don't really know.

But maybe that's just because I'm a virgin, and this is all speculation. Also this is probably rather tmi.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Eh, I don't think it's a big deal to be sexually attracted to the same gender. It's not the same as being emotionally attracted.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Spence Thompson said:
I resent the idea that homosexuality is some condition that is the ultimate result of some less-than-ideal condition in the womb or the environment or my genes or the function of my brain, or whatever. What if I just choose to suck cock? What if I just like dick better than pussy? What if, in an absurd expression of the very kind of macho anti-feminism endemic to video game culture, I just prefer to get off with guys rather than ladies?

I mean, it's not as if my sexual history with women is nil. And it's not as if there aren't things about it I don't appreciate. But I dunno, being queer as fuck is just tons more fun. Can you blame me? Have you been to a drag show, recently? Hilarious. And attractive men tend to be not near as inaccessible as attractive women. The odds are simply more favorable. As often as I'm approached by an attractive woman at these clubs (as they've started flocking here to avoid the straight guys, anyway) I might already have been approached by three men who are just as if not more attractive, and more sexually versatile. Maybe that makes me a "******," and I'm sure a lot of people are just going to say "Dude but you're bisexual that's just science!!" but I'm being practical here. If the inevitable conclusion of this preference is that I'm likely going to find a guy and want to settle down with him, or run a business with him, or live with him, or do any of the things casual partners who might become serious lovers do, why should I be denied any those legal rights simply because I preferred not to do it with any attractive lady?

Many people are for these rights, but they seem to be so only because a heterosexual relationship simply isn't manageable because of my genes, or the function of my brain, or my mother's diet while I was in the womb, or whatever. These same people will decry conversion camps, but these very camps are encouraged by the line of reasoning that homosexuality is a condition arising from some to-be-discovered factors. Thinking of homosexuality as a condition, and not something a reasonable, rational, adult person might choose to engage in, is the mindset that encourages people to "cure" and to "fix."

The religious right argue that homosexuality is a "choice," and when public opinion was strongest against homosexuality it was certainly beneficial to point discover and highlight some of the possible origins for same-sex sexual attraction. Biology certainly does have a significant effect on anyone's taste for anything- but it can't and shouldn't be used to explain every single possible instance of same-sex sexual expression, which certainly goes well beyond and public and avowed homosexuals such as myself. Shouldn't we just accept that gay sex is just, itself, great? Not for everybody, certainly. Wouldn't give cashews to someone with a peanut allergy. But in general, among whoever's doing it, gay sex is pretty awesome. And ought not be culturally discouraged or legally discriminated against in any way.
That would make you bisexual.There is no "choice" about it, I am not sexually aroused or attracted to men, so I can not choose to have sex with men, it just wouldn't work. You can be attracted to both genders with a preference for one or the other, and from their you can "choose" which to go for, but that doesn't change the fact that you are Bisexual - Attracted to both genders.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I don't understand what your point is.
Good for you that you're gay? We have absolutely no problem with you here...

Guess what guys! I like girls!

But nah, it just seems like you're attention seeking mate. Good for you but err...yeah, cool story bro.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Whatever floats your boat dude. However what isn't cool is that you seem to have signed up for this site for the express purpose of preaching at us.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Spence Thompson said:
I think the fear is that if people start thinking that being gay is a choice, there will be more reason for the religious right to push back and say, "Yes, it is a choice, and it's the WRONG choice, *****." I don't agree with this, and I certainly don't condone it. However, I think the idea that gay is not a choice allows people to not be attacked by their choice. After all, murder is a choice. Yes, there are factors which play a part in the event itself, but it's a choice. And it's an illegal choice. The fear, as I said before, is that this choice will make homosexuality illegal *because* it's a choice.

I applaud your post, actually. Since homosexuality doesn't actually cause harm, I don't see why anyone should feel threatened by it. I don't understand why people feel people who choose homosexuality (or are homosexual) ought to be demonized. I think if started calling it a choice, that would be better IF we also recognize that it's not a damaging choice, and the person ought to be respected for it. Unfortunately, people aren't at that point yet. If we get to that point, then perhaps we can call it a choice, but until then, it has to remain a state of being because attacking being is essentially attacking God rather than humans.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Spence Thompson said:
I resent the idea that homosexuality is some condition that is the ultimate result of some less-than-ideal condition in the womb or the environment or my genes or the function of my brain, or whatever. What if I just choose to suck cock? What if I just like dick better than pussy? What if, in an absurd expression of the very kind of macho anti-feminism endemic to video game culture, I just prefer to get off with guys rather than ladies?
Well, first off, has that last thing happened? I'm guessing no.

You might as well ask "what if God came down to earth and said 'Thou shalt like dudes?'"

It's an interesting hypothetical, but almost certainly moot.

In any event, you can choose to defy your inherent preferences if you want. You can choose to do things left-handed as well, or eat broccoli even if it tastes like battery acid to you. Doesn't make it not inborn.

However, I agree with the end of the argument. I think arguing sexuality as a choice or an inborn condition is pointless. "If it's a choice, you can hate them; if it's inborn, you can't?" No, that's stupid. And nobody's ever stopped beating up a homosexual because someone pops up and say "stop! He was born this way!"

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Preaching to the choir, buddy.

I don't really know what that idiom means, but somebody told me it would be appropriate.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
No one really chooses to be gay, bi, hetero, trans or any other combination out there (no offense to anyone, but nothing came to my mind right now and I know there are many other sexuality's).

As you said "you like dick better than pussy".
You didn't say "I choose to like" because you can't choose to like. You can act like you like it, but if you don't like it, you won't like it.

A gay person didn't choose to be attracted to men, he simply is.
Same as a straight person didn't choose to be attracted by the opposite sex.

In your example OP, you choose to accept that you like men. You didn't choose to like men.

But you did choose to blow dudes. I certainly did.
I was attracted to men, but the decision to act was mine. I choose to do so.

And I'm disappointed that no one wrote this (or did I miss it?):
Pics or didn't happen.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Did I really just read about somebody who needs to justify his sexual preferences? Why do you need to justify it? Is it really so much of an issue in America?
I thought we were advanced enough to just accept homosexuality. After all, it's all about finding that special someone, isn't it?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
DarkRyter said:
Preaching to the choir, buddy.

I don't really know what that idiom means, but somebody told me it would be appropriate.
If your serious, The choir is comprised of the devote, so preaching to them is just telling them something they already know and believe