I Choose to Blow Dudes

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
You get like... 10+ respect points for saying you blow dudes instead of saying you're attracted to men.

In all honesty, I never really gave a shit if it was a choice or not. I never saw how it being a choice was a big deal as opposed to being biologically wired to one side or the other. I don't care who you choose to bang on the weekends. As long as it's not someone I'm screwing. Which it never is.

So go wild.
AmrasCalmacil said:
Whoop-de-doo, you're gay. I know four gay people.
I once met Ian McKellen too.
Was... Was Ian McKellen on of them?

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Then maybe you're bisexual. That still doesn't make your attempt to redefine the word any more valid.
I don't think I am. In my experience, I find men gross. There might be a non-gross one in existence, but I haven't met him yet. My point is that it's not like blood type. My body won't physically reject a penis, hypothetically (it might, never tried). I know my redefinition is "invalid" but I feel the winds of change are on my side. Ask me in 10 years what gay and straight mean, and we'll see then. Ask me again in 50 years, and they'll probably be completely meaningless nonsense words.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
zelda2fanboy said:
artanis_neravar said:
And I can say my house is made out of solid gold, with Uranium trim, and we both be just as wrong
I'm arguing a concept, you're arguing a physical object. In any case, that's amazing! Can I come over some time?
It being a concept doesn't mean that what you say is true. I haven't pursued a female in almost 2 years, does that make me any less heterosexual? And yes you can come over, just don't be fooled by the "shitty apartment" disguise I have applied to it I had to in order to keep the neighborhood third-world dictators from stealing my trim

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
I dunno. Fellatio seems like a lot of work. It's cool that you like it and everything, but I'm going to have to give it a pass.
Firstly, yeah. Being gay sounds like a hell of a chore sex-wise. Effort probably doesn't rank as my number one reason for not liking the men, though.

LastGreatBlasphemer said:
So um, Fox News type of title eh? You could go with something a little more subtle than a cry for attention for a title.
Secondly, I agree with this guy. It's great that you like man-meat buddy, doesn't mean you should slap us across the face with it (pun intended) in what appears to be some kind of bid for attention.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I don't even need to read this whole thing. It's simply, really. People like what they like because they like it. I like women. That's not a choice. I just like them. Women are sexy. They have things I like. Some people are gay or lesbian or whatever. That's just how they are. Why is this so hard for people?

Also, you could have gone with a better title. Something that doesn't scream cry for attention.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
You do realise nobody gives a shit if you're gay and won't hold it against you, but if you choose to go around yelling about it gives many people reason to dislike you...

Its kinda like religion. My mother is a devout Christian. Nothing wrong with that.
Westboro Babtist Church is made up of devout Christians who go around yelling about it. Lots of things wrong with them...

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Spence Thompson said:
See, I took that whole genetic destiny thing as a good thing - we're evolved to be gay or bisexual. If it's in our genes, it's not an error - it's a trait that is necessary to our survival. Perhaps it's there to foster comrades who will defend the tribe, or whatever, but if it's in there in most mammal species (and it is), then it must serve some purpose.

That makes being gay not only okay, but necessary to the survival of humanity. And that's kind of awesome. I like being an important part of the human race.

Of course, society plays a bit part as well. But that's a whole other thread, and I really don't want to get into that here.

Anyway, others here may be annoyed with you, but not me. I'm glad you're speaking your mind about this. Even if I disagree (mildly) I think it's an important discussion to have.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
bahumat42 said:
This thread right here sums up my negative feelings towards a minority of homosexual males, the whole "look at me" nonsense that stems from it. Sure in certain places in the world there are fights to be had on their rights (no marriage is not a RIGHT, civil unions are, marriage is a nonsense dictated by whichever institution you are seeking to be married by).

Im gonna stop before i offend some people. Night
Actually that's not quite true. According to my social psychology professor there are about 1000 differences in the tax laws dictating civil unions and marriages. Much like with Jim Crow laws, seperate but equal is an oxymoron.

OT: I never really chose to be straight. Eventually, puberty set in and I decided, I like women. I did not go, "well I guess I have to choose now. Which seems like the best option for me?" If it was I'd choose asexual because getting a girlfriend doesn't seem worth the pain and suffering. If it were true there should be near zero homosexuals since they're more likely to be discrimited against, and I can't imagine many people deliberately choosing the option that makes life more difficult.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
Spence Thompson said:
See, I took that whole genetic destiny thing as a good thing - we're evolved to be gay or bisexual. If it's in our genes, it's not an error - it's a trait that is necessary to our survival. Perhaps it's there to foster comrades who will defend the tribe, or whatever, but if it's in there in most mammal species (and it is), then it must serve some purpose.

That makes being gay not only okay, but necessary to the survival of humanity. And that's kind of awesome. I like being an important part of the human race.

Of course, society plays a bit part as well. But that's a whole other thread, and I really don't want to get into that here.

Anyway, others here may be annoyed with you, but not me. I'm glad you're speaking your mind about this. Even if I disagree (mildly) I think it's an important discussion to have.
Actually that's not entirely true. A trait existing doesn't make it necessary. Can you say appendix? Evolution is the product mutation in ours genes not related to our surroundings. A fish doesn't become more hydrodynamic to meet a need to swim faster, an arbitrary mutation in a fishes genes that make the fish more hydrodynamic is more likely to survive and pass on the mutated genes to its fish babies. Of course it's far more complex than that but the environment shapes which genes get passed down, species don't necessarily purposefully adjust to the environment.

By the way I'm not insinuating that Gay people are bad or unnecessary in any way, just thought I should interject a correction.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
archvile93 said:
bahumat42 said:
This thread right here sums up my negative feelings towards a minority of homosexual males, the whole "look at me" nonsense that stems from it. Sure in certain places in the world there are fights to be had on their rights (no marriage is not a RIGHT, civil unions are, marriage is a nonsense dictated by whichever institution you are seeking to be married by).

Actually that's not quite true. According to my social psychology professor there are about 1000 differences in the tax laws dictating civil unions and marriages. Much like with Jim Crow laws, seperate but equal is an oxymoron.
Very much this. There's most certainly a fight to be had over gay marriage. Marriage and Civil Union have very different legal meanings, which from what I've gathered is what the fight is all about.

That said, there have been attempts made in the past to give Civil Unions at least some of the same rights as marriages and they were shot down by the gay community for not actually being legalized marriage.

The whole thing is all kinds of stupid and really should just stop already.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Paraphrasing this thread;

OP: "I'm gay, I choose to be gay, there's nothing wrong with that"
Replies: "You didn't choose to be gay, it's genetic idiot"

Seriously guys? really? : \ Trying a little too hard to be PC aren't you guys? This guy is proud of the fact that he personally chose his lifestyle and you just shoot him down with "Nope! impossible!".

The way you guys define choice is just so..... ugh. by so many of your definitions it's impossible to like anything.

"bacon is great" "your body naturally craves fats and calories, you never chose to like bacon"

"I like having coffee in the morning" "coffee is a mildly addictive substance, you didn't choose to have coffee"

"I just bought a Mac" "you're yet another victim of Apple's advertising campaign"

"I choose men over women" "nope! genetic; you never chose to like men"

You know, I'd be quite insulted to if society just saw me as a slave to my 'imbalanced' hormones rather than just an individual who made the choice I saw as most favourable.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Agayek said:
archvile93 said:
bahumat42 said:

Very much this. There's most certainly a fight to be had over gay marriage. Marriage and Civil Union have very different legal meanings, which from what I've gathered is what the fight is all about.

That said, there have been attempts made in the past to give Civil Unions at least some of the same rights as marriages and they were shot down by the gay community for not actually being legalized marriage.

The whole thing is all kinds of stupid and really should just stop already.
On of the biggest differences is, if you are in the hospital seriously injured or sick, then only family is allowed to see you and make decisions, and a civil union does not make you family

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
geK0 said:

Seriously guys? really? : \ Trying a little too hard to be PC aren't you guys? This guy is proud of the fact that he personally chose his lifestyle and you just shoot him down with "Nope! impossible!".

The way you guys define choice is just so..... ugh. by so many of your definitions it's impossible to like anything.

"bacon is great" "your body naturally craves fats and calories, you never chose to like bacon"

"I like having coffee in the morning" "coffee is a mildly addictive substance, you didn't choose to have coffee"

"I just bought a Mac" "you're yet another victim of Apple's advertising campaign"

You know, I'd be quite insulted to if society just saw me as a slave to my 'imbalanced' hormones rather than just an individual who made the choice I saw as most favourable.
No, he said "I choose to be gay and saying that being gay anything other than a choice is insulting"

For your other points
Correct you never chose to like bacon
Incorrect you did choose to have coffee, you did not choose to like it
Even more incorrect, you choose to buy an apple product and you choose to like apple products, liking a luxury item is always a choice, because it doesn't have any direct impact on any of your senses.

Correct, you don't choose whether you are attracted to men or women or both. You do however choose whether to pursue your attractions, but your sexual orientation isn't what you choose to pursue it's what you are psychologically attracted to.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
I'm arguing a concept, you're arguing a physical object. In any case, that's amazing! Can I come over some time?
It being a concept doesn't mean that what you say is true. I haven't pursued a female in almost 2 years, does that make me any less heterosexual? And yes you can come over, just don't be fooled by the "shitty apartment" disguise I have applied to it I had to in order to keep the neighborhood third-world dictators from stealing my trim[/quote]

You're right, but I still believe in observable actions over personal testimony. It's a matter of perspective for me, even if everyone else thinks I'm crazy. Like I said in a prior post, we'll just see how sexuality is perceived years from now. I still think it's going my way. Maybe.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
geK0 said:

Yes, what this guy said a million times over. I can only dream of articulating this point so well. I believe everything is a choice, while society wants us to believe that nothing is a choice.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
tl;dr

So.... you are proud of your sexuality? That's fine with me. I don't care about what other people do in that regard.

Umm... i'm not sure what else to say here. x_x