I didn't even know you could do that and I've had this game for years.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
dogstile said:
Marter said:
I played Pokemon for many years. Up until last year, I didn't know that Rock type attacks were neutral against Rock types. I thought it was Not Very Effective.

I literally smacked my face with my hand for not knowing that. >_>
*slaps own face*

Seriously?
*facepalm* what? seriously?
Demon ID said:
Freeski, you can speed up...

Fuck that yeti, seriously.
YOU CAN!~? HOW~?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
DarkHourPrince said:
Demon ID said:
Freeski, you can speed up...

Fuck that yeti, seriously.
YOU CAN!~? HOW~?
I'm not sure anymore, someone on the escapist knows though, I read it here!!!!

COME OUT AND TELL US, DON'T BE AFRAID!

Ckeesy

Nov 12, 2009
Deathsong17 said:
The game can generate its own Skirmish maps, in Red Alert 2. The only thing is, the option to do so is labeled 'Random Map', which gives the impression of randomly selecting a map...
I remember this took me forever to figure out. Once I did, though, it added even more to the re-playability of that game

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
After about 40 hours of Fallout 3 playtime, a friend told me to turn on my light. My response was "what light?"
Scavving in the dark is tricky.

Also, didn't know about the cows - I have to try that.

I don't sound very good at Fallout 3, do I?

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
In Castlevania: Symphony of the Night I had no idea how to save. Then 5 years later, I'm talking to my friend about the game, and he says "You just push something at those coffin things," "Those coffin things?"

Then he shows me, my mind was blown.

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
Je Suis Ubermonkey said:
After about 40 hours of Fallout 3 playtime, a friend told me to turn on my light. My response was "what light?"
Scavving in the dark is tricky.

Also, didn't know about the cows - I have to try that.

I don't sound very good at Fallout 3, do I?
There is a light in Fallout 3? Never saw that. Its not very dark outside though even at night, so I dont see why you would need it that much.
Granted I only played the game for a few hours before getting bored with it.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
In Fallout 3 I didnt know how to repair items Even though it clearly states in the Pip-Boy. I spent a few hours looking for repair tools until my brother told me "press Y".

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
First time I started playing Farcry 2, I would always shoot out my head/tail lights on vehicles so it would take longer for enemy vehicles to detect me (people driving standard cars will crash into you before noticing you sometimes). Anyways, I didn't finish that playthrough but started up again last week. My brother comes in (who has 100%'d the single player) and says "You remember to turn off your lights, right?"

Fucking. Shocked.

But I saved face by picking (at random) the correct button to turn off my lights. It's RB when you're in the vehicle, btw.

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
in metro 2033 i didn't really know that there can be a seperate ending where you help the dark ones. Someone had to tell me later on.

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
slutmonkey8 said:
wierdman51 said:
Milky_Fresh said:
Pushing over cows in Fallout 3. I was so surprised when it first happened to me.
YOU CAN DO THAT?! HOLY CRAP! it took me all this time since fallout 3 came out to figure out two things, one, you cant put sights on guns, two you can make guns...... FAIL.i coulda had the shishkebab for like, the entire fucking game too!
how do you put sights on guns? how have i never noticed this?
It says CANT put sights on guns man.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
I found out I had Space Jump.

Cookie for the reference.

OT: I think I was once instructed on how to change gears in a racing game, after a few days. It was so embarrasing.

swolf

May 3, 2010
(Mass Effect) I recently learned that your squad respsawns after combat. Before, I assumed that they stayed dead and would reload everytime one went down. MASS FACEPALM...now, I'm actually able to play without repeating the same area a lotta times over. I'm enjoy it instead of frustratingly cursing while trying to understand how it got so famous.

little bear

Nov 1, 2009
just the other day my friend showed me on super street fighter four that you don't need the full half moon foword motion+punch for a hadoken. I'm not kidding.

DOWN+CROTCHING FORWORD+3XPUNCH = SPEEDING SHENANIGANS

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
slutmonkey8 said:
neilsaccount said:
slutmonkey8 said:
wierdman51 said:
Milky_Fresh said:
Pushing over cows in Fallout 3. I was so surprised when it first happened to me.
YOU CAN DO THAT?! HOLY CRAP! it took me all this time since fallout 3 came out to figure out two things, one, you cant put sights on guns, two you can make guns...... FAIL.i coulda had the shishkebab for like, the entire fucking game too!
how do you put sights on guns? how have i never noticed this?
It says CANT put sights on guns man.
bah. now i'm stupid AND illiterate. today just gets better and better
It's okay, internet hug. Kudos to all of you for playing my favorite game of all time by the way. :D