I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore - Same Here

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore - Same Here

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore has a quirky title. That fits.

Read Full Article

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The only other Netflix release I recall you doing for this was that big award winner (Beasts of No Nation). Are Netflix movies going to be something you're adding to this or is that just when there's nothing else to see in theaters or have you always done Netflix ones and I just don't pay enough attention?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
The only other Netflix release I recall you doing for this was that big award winner (Beasts of No Nation). Are Netflix movies going to be something you're adding to this or is that just when there's nothing else to see in theaters or have you always done Netflix ones and I just don't pay enough attention?
Well, a lot to unpack here. The first thing would be that I'm 95% sure I never reviewed Beasts of No Nation. I have done some Netflix movies (like that one Adam Sandler piece of garbage) but it's not been a common thing. Less than 5, I believe.

The second would be that I wasn't going to review this, but the Canadian distributor for Collide decided to drop it a month before its release, so the only new theatrical release I had was Get Out and I needed a second to do.

The third is that I'm waiting on word regarding more Netflix-focused reviews, but there are no guarantees. So "maybe" would be the answer to that question.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Marter said:
Well, a lot to unpack here. The first thing would be that I'm 95% sure I never reviewed Beasts of No Nation. I have done some Netflix movies (like that one Adam Sandler piece of garbage) but it's not been a common thing. Less than 5, I believe.

The second would be that I wasn't going to review this, but the Canadian distributor for Collide decided to drop it a month before its release, so the only new theatrical release I had was Get Out and I needed a second to do.

The third is that I'm waiting on word regarding more Netflix-focused reviews, but there are no guarantees. So "maybe" would be the answer to that question.
Huh...must have been your awards thing (or maybe you just brought it up randomly somewhere) then because I put Beast in my queue specifically because of your word. Unless someone else told me about it and I just thought it was you...

If it helps, I would love for The Escapist to add Netflix/Amazon/Hulu reviews. Netflix spits out a lot of interesting looking stuff but seems very hit or miss on quality.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Huh...must have been your awards thing (or maybe you just brought it up randomly somewhere) then because I put Beast in my queue specifically because of your word. Unless someone else told me about it and I just thought it was you...

If it helps, I would love for The Escapist to add Netflix/Amazon/Hulu reviews. Netflix spits out a lot of interesting looking stuff but seems very hit or miss on quality.
Yeah, I think I mentioned it on the best "non-theatrical" portion of my Best of 2015 list.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Marter said:
tippy2k2 said:

Im fine with more Netflix reviews cause then I can actually check them out. Your reviews sadly have little real effect on me, because I see movies with family, and its mostly Marvel movies (not complaining, but its what I am guaranteed we will go see) and whatever my mother wants to see. (John Wick or Great Wall next it seems) At most, your reviews give me an attitude going into a film. (Of whether or not I should look forward to it or not).

...I use parentheses too much...(sorry)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Your review of this one certainly makes me want to see it. Have to go to IMDB... where have I seen that star before? 2.5 men? EDIT YEP.

EDIT: watched and enjoyed it a lot. I do feel like maybe the writer of it ran out of ideas as the first 2/3s were character study followed by Cohen brothers levels of ultra violent dark comedy.

Good call on this one. Very worth catching.