"I don't usually like [X Genre] games, but..."

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
No_Remainders said:
NightmareLuna said:
I do not usually like generic FPS games that doesn't have anything to show, but I actually enjoyed Battlefield 3 to a degree.
I'm just wondering how you've played something that isn't out until the 25th...

Or are you just talking about the beta?

OT: I don't usually like JRPGs, but FFVI was one of the best games I've ever played.
The beta is on atm.
I know, but he said "I enjoyed Battlefield 3", which implies that he has played the game itself, rather than just the beta.

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
I normally hate racing but burnout slapped me in the face and set me straight well, atleast burnout 3 did (fcking hate paradise)

I normally hate the sports genre but.... oh wait!

I normally hate games that try to be realistic but arma 2 is pretty enjoyable

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
Lacsapix said:
Guitar Gamer said:
I don't always play JRPG's, but when I do; I prefer Kingdom Hearts 2.
agree altough I think KH1 was way better.
Both wrong, Birth by Sleep is best Kingdom Hearts game :p (though I love every game in the series)

OT: Not a huge fan of racing games, RTSs, and sports games (team sports, not extreame sports like Tony Hawk or SSX). Can't really say I've found very many exceptions, if any.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
Jodah said:
Not really a genre but I rarely play multiplayer. The exception is Space Marine. I am still having a blast playing that multiplayer.
So true. I don't know, how they did it, but Space Marine is awesome!

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
I don't usually play racing games, but Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart sure make for the fun times.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I don't usually like JRPG's, though I loved them when I was younger, I just don't get any enjoyment out of them now, I will still admit Final fantasy tactics is one of my all time favorite games...that is, the original PSX one, or the PSP remake. The "advance" ones reminded me of why I don't play JRPG's anymore.

EDIT- oh! and technically, Dark Souls is a JRPG, isn't it? And so far that's my GOTY, so don't know how you want to call that.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I don't usually like sports, racing, and JRPG games. However I love the NHL series and buy one of the games every few years. I find most racing games to be really boring but I love Mario Kart for the pure fun of it. I also loathe most JRPGs but I absolutely love all the Paper Mario series.

caselj01 said:
I usually dont like sports or racing games but I really liked SSX.
*gasp* I forgot how much I loved SSX Tricky! Best sports game ever! Thank you for making my day! =)

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I dont usually like RTS games (because I suck at them) but I love me some Frozen Synapse (even though I still suck at it)

May 28, 2009
Jodah said:
Not really a genre but I rarely play multiplayer. The exception is Space Marine. I am still having a blast playing that multiplayer.
The only game I ever play on multiplayer is Minecraft, which is one of those rare games I never play the singleplayer of.

Also never really play JRPGs, but damn if I don't love the Mother series, especially Mother 3.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
im not a big racing fan, for the most part. i used to play a lot more racing games back on the original xbox and on N64, but the only full-release racing game ive bought since like 2005 was Split/Second. i definitely prefer arcade racers and anything that isnt a simulator. Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Hydro Thunder, Star Wars Racer, Motorstorm, etc.

im also not a big fan of horror games (or horror movies) but i love Dead Space.

and the only flight game i liked was HAWX. the sequel sucked, though. so sad

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I'm not a big FPS person. Most of them fall into the "meh" category. But Bioshock is one of my great loves in gaming.

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
I don't usually play JRPGs, but when I do, it's gonna be Xenoblade Chronicles.
I recently read a one page review of it from a gaming magazine in my country, and I DO WANT severely.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I usually don't like fallout with swords , but oblivion is great!
AM I DOING IT RITE?

Seriously though , i don't usually like 3rd person shooters, but i liked mass effect 2 ( yes mass effect if a shooter ).

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
I usually don't play strategy games of any sort, but I had a hell of a lot of fun with the original StarCraft when one of my friends gave me a copy a few months ago.
[small]Just the single player, that is. I stayed the HELL away from the multiplayer for obvious reasons. >.<[/small]

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
I usually don't like shooters/whatever genre Saints Row is but I love Saints Row 2! And I'm totally psyched for SR:TT.
I'm usually one for RPGs with morality systems - and I always play a total angel. I just can't be nasty. But Saints Row 2? Being bad in that game is the most fun ever, I love it. I swear I'm not a fan of overly violent video games at all and I turn my nose up at drugs etc but SR2 ... it brings out the homicidal gangster I never knew was inside me.
Although you could say it teaches you about um ... respect? And sticking up for your friends and ... killing anyone who stands in your way!

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Racing games usually bore me, with the exception of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition. That was brilliant.