Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Plazmatic said:
Nanaki316 said:
cainstwin said:
Nanaki316 said:
cainstwin said:
Nanaki316 said:
Family Guy. Yes I know in this day and age everything can be deemed as offensive to some race, religion etc but I believe this show takes things too far.
iv been umming and aahing as to wat to add to this thread, and iv decided on this. I think you've missed the point of family guy, which is a great comedy, but it likes to poke fun at things. Its a bit like borat (which im amazed no1s listed yet, because tht was very much a marmite comedy), it cod be seen as offensive to a section of society, but rlly its actually taking the racist or etc view and showing how silly it really is. And like the FCC episode, it can show the viewer how stupidly far are protectiveness has gone. If you havent seen PTV i advise you do, even if just for the song. However i can relate to how the random mid episode bits can put people off, ther have been a few where i felt i should have got up and done sumthing else while it was on.
Urm... ok I think I can understand this, vaguely...
I haven't missed the point of Family Guy, it's not the only comedy that pokes fun at various races/religions etc but I just do not find it funny. I cannot understand how anyone could, hence mentioning it and the topic of the thread but don't get me wrong I don't care that other people DO enjoy it. If you can laugh at all these things then that's great, it must be great not to really care enough about anything to be offended, all I'm saying is I do get offended/upset by certain things. So it's humour is not to my taste.
Quick reply, ther nt poking humour at the races and etc, but at the people who are racist towards them. brief summary of my comment
Ok I understand that but just so you know Racism isn't the thing I find offensive in Family Guy, it was just an example. My real issue with the show is rape/sexual jokes.
wow I thought OP was talking about people who thought things weren't funny for logical reasons... "AUTO NOT FUNNY 'CAUSE OF STUFF I DON'T AGREE WITH" = fail sense of humor, and no, family guy DEFFINITALLY does not go to far, I would understand if you were talking about south park, though I still think south park is hilarious, (at least the good episodes, not the retarded ones like the queefing one..) and I can tell you must be overly conservative, or a cathotard, due to your dislike, obviously, of anything remotely sexual.
I have shown nothing but respect for other people and their opinions, I've discussed them in this topic with two people who don't agree with me but we have done so in a mature fashion and I haven't offended anyone. I stated my opinion like everyone else is doing.
Why I don't like rape/sexual jokes is personal, although after saying that people can probably guess why but it does not mean I have "a fail sense of humor". I laugh about things, just not these things. End of story.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
-Zen- said:
Squarez said:
Hot Fuzz.

Just kidding, can you imagine?
You know not what you've done boy. Joking though you may have been, you have just done the comedic equivalent of dividing by zero. Now the universe will tear itself apart and it's all your fault. I really hope you'r
OH SHI-

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
ajb924 said:
jboking said:
Bowl Full said:
Sarah Silverman.

I fail to see how she has ever been funny at all.
Second. Her show is only good for the fat, nerdy, gay couple.
Her show is crap, but have you seen her stand up? It's second only to Demetri Martin.
I haven't and I really don't care to. She hasn't shown me that it would be worth it. Then again, Demetri's show is pretty hit and miss too. Maybe good stand up comedians make shitty tv shows.
so did Zombieland.
Side note: I fucking loved Zombieland.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Nanaki316 said:
I have shown nothing but respect for other people and their opinions, I've discussed them in this topic with two people who don't agree with me but we have done so in a mature fashion and I haven't offended anyone. I stated my opinion like everyone else is doing.
Why I don't like rape/sexual jokes is personal, although after saying that people can probably guess why but it does not mean I have "a fail sense of humor". I laugh about things, just not these things. End of story.
The guy who said "Fail sense of humor" needs to be neutered.

I agree with Nanaki. Rape jokes aren't funny. Only lobotomy-worthy 13 year olds think rape is funny. Seth McFarlane thinks rape is funny, but that douche should get fed to sharks.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
DrEmo said:
Nanaki316 said:
The guy who said "Fail sense of humor" needs to be neutered.

I agree with Nanaki. Rape jokes aren't funny. Only lobotomy-worthy 13 year olds think rape is funny. Seth McFarlane thinks rape is funny, but that douche should get fed to sharks.
Lol thank you. I didn't even care if no one else agreed with me but I don't think I deserved to be insulted.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Ben Stiller. Not that I know that many people who like him, but still the popularity is ridiculous. Latest example I can think of was Tropic thunder, I watched the trailer for that movie and it was funny, well more due to Black and Downey not Stiller, but when I saw those same jokes in the actual movie (and what happens in everyone of his movies) it's just poorly timed or just plainly not funny.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Your mom jokes. Shit just isn't funny unless you're a 13 year old with a goldfish's brain.

Greeboz

Nov 9, 2009
Different sense of humor. Dumb or not, it's just an opinion. The only thing that gets me a little riled up is when people talk about a very famous youtube video they just saw that's been up for years.

I love the kind of humor that mock other humor/comedians such as: "Dane Cook is like the karate of martial arts."

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
That show The Big Bang Theory. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's hilarious when it's just absolute shite. I even gave it a fair trial and sat through 2 full episodes, it just wasn't funny.
Blashpemy! I'm like, the only one who watches it in my town.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
My sister loves a show called "Summer Heights High". The dude doing it is talented sure but the whole show just comes across as a one-man circle-jerk and isn't all that funny.

Jan 29, 2009
Irridium said:
Fred from youtube.

I know I shouldn't be suprised about it seeing as how stupid most youtube users are, but seriously, how in the fuck is that even considered to be comedy.
What's that?
*watches 4 seconds*
OH THE HORROR!!!
And have you noticed that all replies seem to be from girls calling him "cute"?!?!?
If he's cute, then I'm ****ing Sean Connery!!!

Also, 96% of the "funny" pages, I'm looking at YOUUU family circus, marmaduke, in the bleachers, blonde, and zits! The only redeeming thing these days is Pearls before swine.

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
The Kings of Comedy. Not even one of them can make me laugh, so how did they get so famous? How could someone seriously allow these men to wear the mantle of "King" when I set there in frustrated silence when presented with ALL OF THEM?

Triscut900

The Cracker
Dec 19, 2008
Irridium said:
Fred from youtube.

I know I shouldn't be suprised about it seeing as how stupid most youtube users are, but seriously, how in the fuck is that even considered to be comedy.
because he runs around screaming like a little girl all the time and for some odd reason that is funny (i hate it if you got the wrong impression)

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
Regiment said:
I don't find Family Guy (or any of the other cartoons by the same people) or South Park funny. I just don't get them.
Not really sure what there is to get about Family Guy. One either enjoys the humor or they don't, really. South Park's major direction is that it is a satire of politics and society and presents the issues of the day in a comedic way. Some might say that they've gotten more preachy and less funny as of late but they definitely still make me laugh. FYI: Family guy was very funny up until about season 7, then it really started to suck because they were trying the usual methods they had McFarlan has been getting so obscure lately that it just isn't enjoyable because I need wikipedia just to get the references (which is about almost all that Family Guy is right now). Just throwing that out there to assure you that, when it comes to Family Guy, I don't get it either (at least not lately). I hope that South Park became a bit more clear for you in case you weren't sure what they were doing. Take it easy!

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I lost a few friends because of this but I do not find Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job Funny.....at all. It's very strange but someone once told me it's one of those shows that's so bad it's funny to watch and you onyl watch it to be ironic.

alright, whatever; different strokes for different folks I guess.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
when i watched law abiding citezen, MILD SPOILER ALERT, at the point when the protagonist is explaining how he is going to torture the man who killed his family, people laughed. lots of them. it was saw grade disgusting and people laughed with glee.