I fail to see how this is funny.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Well, since Dane Cook has been taken out of the picture, I guess my obvious answer is obvious.

I used to find his very early stuff funny, then he just got... lame.

I love Jeff Dunham but wish he would come up with new stuff.

2 and a half men is only funny sometimes, but as someone said before me, it's the same 2 or 3 jokes just dressed up differently.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
From west: Family Guy. First season was fine, but it only goes downhill from there.

From east: Lucky Star. Whole internet anime section is laughing, and I'm yet to find anything funny in it (and I really tried, per several request). Much less funny Azumanga Daioh IMO.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
From what I've seen South Park only has about one real "joke" per episode, but it's immensely set up, complex, and when it works it's completely worth it. Like that Dancing with Smurfs thing.
"I sold the rights to the story to James Cameron." "WHAT!?"

I generally don't get 80% of Family Guy jokes, and 100% of Cleveland Show jokes.

Also, any YouTube video about someone getting really angry. Game-wise, tech-support-wise, whatever. They're often being dumb to get so mad, but it's really not something I laugh about.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Animal House and Caddyshack. I'm sure that counts as blasphemy to most of the people who will read this, but I've never found those movies to be funny.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
the Dept of Science said:
Jeff Dunham, the Achmed the Dead Terrorist puppet guy
100,000,000 views on YouTube.

I shall list some of the things that he says that warranted immense laughs on his video (these only come from the first few minutes, for reasons that should be fairly clear):

Puppet being taken out of box
"good evening, infadel"
"what kind of terrorist are you?" "A terrifying terrorist"
"Not really scared" "Boo!... Scared now?" x 3
"Silence! I kill you!" His catchphrase, so x 1000
"But you're dead, you are all bone" "Its a fleshwound" My mum can reference Monty Python too, thank you

Also... "random humour". I quite liked Weeblstuff and similar when I was younger, but having seen most of that I get pretty jaded by any humour which is based on randomness. Family Guy (and offshoots), a lot of internet cartoons and sometimes The Mighty Boosh (although, I think that they can be genuinely witty sometimes). Its such easy humour and, ironically, predictable.
I think that has more to do with the atmosphere of being in the audience. Of course you would laugh more sitting right there in the show, its only natural. Watching it on YouTube, there are one or two moments that I laughed at, but other than that it was just a faint smile / cringe.

As for Weeblestuff, I've yet to find one of their inventions that I don't love. Cat Face is my God.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
That Gavin and Stacey show. I watched 20 minutes of an episode, no laugh, not even a smile.

Also, Jack Dee.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Fox KITSUNE said:
I lost a few friends because of this but I do not find Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job Funny.....at all. It's very strange but someone once told me it's one of those shows that's so bad it's funny to watch and you onyl watch it to be ironic.

alright, whatever; different strokes for different folks I guess.
Oh God. That show, it hurts to watch. It hurts so bad.

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
DrEmo said:
Klarinette said:
Fred from YouTube, and just some of the shit that people post on Facebook. These weird videos they find, and they always get posts back like "Thas. Was. AWESOME." or "LOL!!!!!" and I'm sitting there thinking, "Uh..... what?" i.e. Googling Boobies [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXL8cCnvSHk].

OOH! YouTube Poops. They're just annoying. I don't get it.

YouTube poops are annoying. I liked, nay, loved them. They were off the wall, offensive, unpredictable and just a fun experience... back in 2008. Nowadays they're just piles upon piles of stock footage and overused 4Chan memes.
Some of the sentence-mixing Youtube Poops are pretty funny, but the others are just annoying.

OT: The majority of Adult Swim shows.

wastedyouth89

Mar 9, 2009
I'm going to have to agree with everyone who said Jeff Dunham. Sure it was kinda funny the first time but every joke is the same with that guy.

FrndlyMisanthrpe

May 28, 2009
Ray William Johnson; I don't think he's that funny anymore. It got old when he kept making the "My cock is bigger than The Beatles" joke, and the whole renaming of the show.
And I agree with OP, Linkara just isn't that funny for me. Some of the jokes are okay, but most of the time I can't help but think "Was that a joke? Yes? Well, it wasn't funny". I think the main thing I don't like Linkara is because his intro is ridiculously long. It's probably about 2.5 minutes, talking about shit that I don't particularly care about. (Can you say magic gun?)
But I do like the Nostalgia Critic. He's at least a better actor.

Jun 6, 2009
Furburt said:
Doonesbury.

How does anyone find that funny? I've read it every week in the Guardian to try and find something even remotely amusing about it and failed!

It just doesn't make sense how it's existed so long.

And Game Dogs, don't get me started on that train wreck of a show.
Really? You don't find Doonesbury funny?

Maybe because t's really, really, REALLY dry humor.

And Game Dogs... I gave it 5 episodes now? Or four?

All I can say is.... meh...

[sub]Now if only my Hartsfield story gets a chance...[/sub]

ZombieVictor

Apr 29, 2009
Toar said:
Junkle said:
Napoleon Dynamite. Most of my friends think it's funny, I'm just sitting there like "This is the worst movie EVER."

Also, that guy on Youtube who randomly yells curses and other things, I think it's just sad.
God, I hate that movie too. Just watching the first twelve minutes made my balls ache from the stupid. If I wanted to see someone monotone their lines then I would bring my buddies over when they get high and yell at them for an hour and a half.
Napoleon Dynamite made me feel really awkward.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I have never gotten [del]Dane Cook[/del] (sorry, I forgot he's not allowed) or Family Guy. My brother has tried to get me to like Family Guy, but I just don't think it's funny. I have never really liked that puppet guy, Jeff Dunham. I do not get the fascination with those Judd Apatow movies, either. I get bored halfway through them and turn them off.

On the other hand, some of the things I like that other people just don't get, like Red Dwarf, I can totally understand. I would never put someone down if they don't find it funny. Humor is too subjective to insult people based on what they like. That's like saying to someone, "Dude?!? You like vanilla ice cream? What kind of moron are you?" I don't really think what you find humorous defines your intelligence level. Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean you don't get it. It's just not funny to you.

ZombieVictor

Apr 29, 2009
Kushan101 said:
I thought I was quite an easily humoured person but I'm starting to think of more and more "funny" things that go beyond being unfunny and really piss me off. Can you turn into a grumpy old man at the age of 24?
Just let it go dude.

Sep 13, 2009
-Zen- said:
EDIT:

Let's leave Dane Cook out of this. He's too obvious an answer.
My god, I could go on an hour long rant about why he isn't funny.

The Hangover is one that sticks out. I watched it three times in one night, once while drunk and it still got no laughs.